And the name should be....  

1. 1. And the name should be....

• Lydia Grace
    • Lydia Rose
    • Lydianna ______
    • Lydia Ann
    • Lydia Siobhan
    • Lydia (other).....

We have a first name. (ehich is good for us! We usually don't agree this quickly) she's going to be named after dh's grandma, Lydia. Now for a middle name... :)

I want Grace. It was my g'ma's middle name. DH hates it.

G'ma's first name was Rosanna. I don't like Lydia Roseanaa because I don't like having both names end with an uh. But from this:

Lydia Rose- i have two sisters with children. My first niece is named after g'ma with the middle name Rose. Then my second sister decided to also name her daughter after g'ma and her middle name is Rose. If we name her Rose there will be a Rose in each family. Kinda neat, I guess. Mostly I don't like naming gimmicks. I do like the name, though.

Lydianna whatever-dh-wants- this combines g'ma's name into other g'ma's name but we have a ---ana (on-uh) already and the name is kinda meh.

Lydia Ann- I don't love it. And we already have a lot of Ann and Diane middle names in the family. (and just repeting it in my head I noticed that it has a first name ending in an A and middle starting with an A, kinda blends together)

And then there's Siobhan, which I don't know if I'm spelling correctly and I don't care. :) This is what dh wants. i hate it.

Or?.... Suggestions? Cause I don't think it's going to be Grace or Sioban so maybe we need to think of something else.

ETA- I forgot an option and can't add it to the poll. Dh also has a family name Shoen that he wants to use. It's german and means beautiful. But it's pronounced Shane, which is a boys' name. So there's that, too.

And Siobhan is celtic or irish or whatevrr and is pronounced "shi-von".

Edited by Scuff

I'd have to agree with you on the Siobhan....but maybe it has a meaning I don't know of. I wouldn't even know how to pronounce it. I like Grace. My daughter and I share the middle name Marie, which sounds nice with many names.

Lydia Marie? I am a Lisa Marie, DD is Sarah Marie.

Is there a reason you are picking one syllable middle names? How many syllables is the last name? Stress on which syllable? If there is a reason for one syllable, then I'd like Grace out of your choices. Rose is fine though. Whatcha'll think of Claire? Paige?

But I think a lot of times, 3 syllables may work in the place of one so I'd be looking more along the lines of Daniella or Natalia. IF you wanted two, then Danielle or Marie?

I really likes names that start with "uh" sounding names (Evelyn, Alexis, etc) but not sure those work with Lydia. And yet my head keeps going back to them, so I figured I'd type it anyway :) Maria would be better, I think...

I'd have to agree with you on the Siobhan....but maybe it has a meaning I don't know of. I wouldn't even know how to pronounce it. I like Grace. My daughter and I share the middle name Marie, which sounds nice with many names.

I was going to suggest Lydia Marie, but I like Lydia Rose as well.

I don't know. Maybe i like 1 syllable middle names? First two dds have 1 syllable middle names, now that you mention it. We already have a Claire. :) maybe we could keep Roseanne without the -a. Lydia Roseanne? I don't thiink we want a 3 syllable middle, since we have a 3 syllable first. Last name is two.

I think Lydia Rose is the prettiest of the voting choices. :)

Lydia Schoen (wait, is it Schoen or Shoen?) sounds neat, I think. Though I wouldn't choose it for a first name, I think it's a perfectly acceptable and lovely middle name. But then that makes the name lopsided toward your DH's family!

What were your grandmother's maiden/married names? There's a void of usable last names in my family, but maybe you are luckier. My BIL and SIL gave all their 5 children a family last name as their middle names, switching between his family and hers.

Maries here, too! My daughter's Gabrielle Sarah Marie. :D I chose two middle names for each of my kids to try to appease all sides. I kind of like them, but my husband thinks they're weird. Good thing he knew better than to push too hard. :tongue_smilie:

I voted for Lydia Grace- we named our daughter we lost Lily Grace, so I'm partial- but I like Lydia Rose, too.

Edited by LillyMama