Menu

Atelier DVD Art Curriculum at Homeschool Buyer's Coop

MeganW

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that the deal that expires tonight is the Atelier with the extra smartpoints. The smartpoints extra is only for one day. There will be last call emails going out for Atelier and I know it said it was the end of the month. That looks kind of sneaky how they did that doesn't it? I haven't gotten any last call emails.

You are right - it changed back to 4/30 as the final deadline. :)

It's now 25% off!!!

I thought the cutoff was 4/30, but it looks like it is actually TONIGHT at midnight pacific time.

No, the cutoff IS April 30th - next Monday at midnight PST. It was the deal for the extra bonus points that ended last night.

I just placed my order and they only need 15 more orders to reach the 30% discount.

So, if all the 40%ers would lower to 30% there would be enough for the 30% off. Am I undrerstanding the numbers right?

Pam

I couldn't figure out how to go in and modify my order? I'm already in the group buy, but wanted to add another level. If I enter a separate order, will I incur another $12 shipping charge that I wouldn't incur if I could modify the original?

I lowered my conditional offer, but we still need 16 more to make it to 30%. I really hope we make it to 40% off!

I think we might, because as people are lowering their conditional offers, others are making new conditional offers, so the total numbers keep going up.

Only 30 more for 40% off!!:D

I couldn't figure out how to go in and modify my order? I'm already in the group buy, but wanted to add another level. If I enter a separate order, will I incur another $12 shipping charge that I wouldn't incur if I could modify the original?

The shipping is per level order, so it doesn't matter if they are together. I don't know if there would be another HBC fee, though.

I have a typical 7 year old boy, artistic 9 year old boy who loves to draw daily, and not so artsy 12 year old girl. I looked at the chart and samples, but has anyone owned levels 4 and 5 who could tell me more? I can't decide if I would maybe want 5 or if 4 would provide enough challenge for ds9? He hasn't painted much. They've all done a bit of art classes but mostly just drawing in nature study and a bit of Mark Kistler. Thanks!

I believe I ordered level 4 thinking it might work with those DC that are 7-12. With DD12 being the least artistic of the group. Does that sound about right?

I haven't posted in awhile but I thought I'd jump in and share our experience. We're finishing up level 3 with a 6 year old and an 11 year old. It has been a perfect fit for us! I've ordered level 4 to use next year. :)

I believe I ordered level 4 thinking it might work with those DC that are 7-12. With DD12 being the least artistic of the group. Does that sound about right?

Yes, that sounds right according to their chart. I really like the art for level 4 in the art gallery on their website.

Only 25 more to go for 40% off!!!!

Even with the chart I do not know which level to start with! According to the chart I would need level 3 for my 7yo, level 4 for my 9yo and level 5 for my 12yo??? What to do...what to do...

Hopefully someone with older kids will reply but I think Level 3 or 4 would be fine for all three. My 8yo is enjoying level 1 right now.

Even with the chart I do not know which level to start with! According to the chart I would need level 3 for my 7yo, level 4 for my 9yo and level 5 for my 12yo??? What to do...what to do...

It depends on whether or not they are beginner, intermediate, or advanced.

If the 7yo is intermediate and the 9yo is beginner level, you could use level 3 for both, and so on. I do not see one level that would work for all three, but depending on their abilities, you might be able to make it work with two.

I got an email that it has reached 30%! I put in another conditional order for two more levels if it reached 30%. HBC's chart does not reflect that yet.

I'm using Level 5 with my almost 12yo. There are kids that look to be 10 doing the projects in the video if that helps anyone. I would look at the gallery photos to judge for youngers.

I actually don't like that they don't tell you what the lessons are. I found website too vague so I only ordered one DVD to start with a few months ago.

Yes, I wish it listed a lesson contents for each level and a few more samples. But by you ordering more - that tells me you like it. I ordered Level 4 to do with 15 kids ages 7 to 16. Now I am thinking I might want to go add level 5 in. I wonder if they will offer this sale next year. I know they did last year. If everyone really loves it a lot, I would rather stock up while it is on sale. Decisions... decisions...

I think the levels are extremely flexible, so I would just pick the middle level -- 4. It's possible that a couple of the projects in level 3 might be considered young by the 12 yo, but even I enjoyed doing that level with my kids.

Lisa

I have read that level 4 is very important...if you have a large age range.....(4 to 10, with the 10yo being intermediate to advanced)....and you needed to skip a level, would you skip level 3 (or not?):) (In other words, I need to purchase several levels...could I leave out level 3, or would you not skip it?)

Only 7 more to go for 40%!!!!!

I have read that level 4 is very important...if you have a large age range.....(4 to 10, with the 10yo being intermediate to advanced)....and you needed to skip a level, would you skip level 3 (or not?):) (In other words, I need to purchase several levels...could I leave out level 3, or would you not skip it?)

Only 7 more to go for 40%!!!!!

When I first purchased it at a conference the vendor told me not to skip level 4 because that is where she teaches how to draw faces. Hth!