Menu

Me and my sinuses can relate to this article today "Meth Labs, Congress: Thanks for N

Me and my sinuses can relate to this article today (linked below )" Meth Labs,Congress : Thanks for Nothing "

I know it's been a few years since this drug was pulled, but hey, today my sinuses are a little crazy and the decongestants I've been taking are not working.So, just what has happened in regards to the proliferation of meth labs since this article was written ? Did Congress make meth go away ? blush.gif Well, it would be nice if someone would make the drug problem in my neighborhood go away. All I've accomplished to do personally is to make the drug dealer/addict next door cry by yelling at him to get off of my porch. Yes, I really did make him cry. He was feeling the anger of my wrath at drug dealers in general that has reared up since my friend Jerry was shot dead by a drug abuser that robbed him.

Congress doesn't have the answer to the drug problem but what is the answer ?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/olson5.html

I like the "spunk" of this guy. He cracks me up.

Edited by Miss Sherry

I was complaining about this just the other day when I had to go pick up some Zyrtec-D. Such a ridiculous, *useless* law! Not only that, but my favorite, Tylenol Sinus medicine is being "reformulated" probably due to some other stupid government rule that will mean it won't work in the future. I am SO SICK and nothing is helping! In the past week I have taken various combinations of: Mucinex, Claritin, Zyrtec, Benadryl, Zyrtec-D and a about a million cough drops!

I was complaining about this just the other day when I had to go pick up some Zyrtec-D. Such a ridiculous, *useless* law! Not only that, but my favorite, Tylenol Sinus medicine is being "reformulated" probably due to some other stupid government rule that will mean it won't work in the future. I am SO SICK and nothing is helping! In the past week I have taken various combinations of: Mucinex, Claritin, Zyrtec, Benadryl, Zyrtec-D and a about a million cough drops!

me tooo.......aaaahhhhhcccchhhhhoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not happy!

Oh, and that is not even to mention the home remedies like gargling salt water and neti-potting. I have done it all, and I can barely relieve the symptoms. I'm really hating the FDA and their decent-medication-banning today. :glare:

Oh Mrs Mungo I can't believe you really hate the FDA cause they are so wise. :lol::lol::lol:

So you can't get the behind the pharmacy counter Sudafed anymore? There are two formulas, the one that is out, and the one you have to register to get, which is the original formula.

My understanding is, in NC you can only get Sudafed mixed with something else, unless you have a prescription. I had to register with the pharmacist to get Zyrtec-D. Now, that is obviously the state, not the FDA, but the FDA still has a habit of getting rid of the cold medicines that actually work.

Me and my sinuses can relate to this article today (linked below )" Meth Labs,Congress : Thanks for Nothing "

I know it's been a few years since this drug was pulled, but hey, today my sinuses are a little crazy and the decongestants I've been taking are not working.So, just what has happened in regards to the proliferation of meth labs since this article was written ? Did Congress make meth go away ? blush.gif Well, it would be nice if someone would make the drug problem in my neighborhood go away. All I've accomplished to do personally is to make the drug dealer/addict next door cry by yelling at him to get off of my porch. Yes, I really did make him cry. He was feeling the anger of my wrath at drug dealers in general that has reared up since my friend Jerry was shot dead by a drug abuser that robbed him.

Congress doesn't have the answer to the drug problem but what is the answer ?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/olson5.html

I like the "spunk" of this guy. He cracks me up.

I miss the old days when Afrin would get you totally high! I can relate. My husband came down with some cold/flu bug thing. I went to pickup medicine at Target but didn't have my ID. I had 3 obnoxious kids with me. I was told at the checkout that because I didn't have ID, I couldn't buy the medicine. I asked if it there was now an age requirement. The cashier said no, the ID was required because I might start a meth lab.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I really put in an effort not to be the obnoxious put out customer but dang that was irritating!

I have to take three meds everyday (two are scripts) just to function. Once I get sick I am a hot mess of mucous until someone starts giving me shots in the butt. NOTHING works anymore and I hate being given steroids. :(

Z-pacs are a last resort. They only help once you get an infection, my allergies are just TOO severe to take them very much. I don't want them to quit working, then I would be in trouble.

Edited by Sis

Z-pacs are a last resort. They only help once you get an infection, my allergies are just TOO severe to take them very much. I don't want them to quit working, then I would be in trouble.

The new thinking is the vast majority of adult sinus infections don't need antibiotics either. They are cited as one of the major overuses of antibiotics.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/02/14/antibiotics-no-good-for-sinus-infections-study-finds/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120214170902.htm

In terms of having to present ID:

My mom had a total knee replacement and had a pain med RX to pick up as soon as she was discharged from the hospital (the pain meds are very necessary for physical therapy). She was cautioned in advance that she'd have to present ID. She could barely get in/out of the car, let alone walk into a pharmacy with her walker and her total knee replacement. SHe was discharged 2 days post op, which is very early. They told her to find a drive through. Thank goodness they thought of it in advance.

The new thinking is the vast majority of adult sinus infections don't need antibiotics either. They are cited as one of the major overuses of antibiotics.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/02/14/antibiotics-no-good-for-sinus-infections-study-finds/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120214170902.htm

Yes, I agree. I usually avoid them until I am just too sick.

I miss the old days when Afrin would get you totally high! I can relate. My husband came down with some cold/flu bug thing. I went to pickup medicine at Target but didn't have my ID. I had 3 obnoxious kids with me. I was told at the checkout that because I didn't have ID, I couldn't buy the medicine. I asked if it there was now an age requirement. The cashier said no, the ID was required because I might start a meth lab.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I really put in an effort not to be the obnoxious put out customer but dang that was irritating!

Yes. My husband was also carded at Target while buying a 3-pack of.... Air. Yup. Air. You are suspicious if you buy more than one can, evidently. But it comes in a 3-pack. So now the 40-something dude with the wife and kids in tow and a dusty keyboard is suspicious.

I, myself, whammied the allergies this year with Afrin and good old plain Benadryl. Because, yeah, the new decongestants aren't like speed for me, but they don't clear out my nose, either.

Yes. My husband was also carded at Target while buying a 3-pack of.... Air. Yup. Air. You are suspicious if you buy more than one can, evidently. But it comes in a 3-pack. So now the 40-something dude with the wife and kids in tow and a dusty keyboard is suspicious.

I, myself, whammied the allergies this year with Afrin and good old plain Benadryl. Because, yeah, the new decongestants aren't like speed for me, but they don't clear out my nose, either.

They added a bitter agent to the air. So now if I licking chocolate off my fingers at the computer (heh) I get a nasty kick.

I would really like to clean off my keyboard without the nasty taste getting on my fingers. :(

At least they haven't messed with the formula of my drug of choice (Allegra-D). It costs me three times as much as when it was prescription but I can still get it.

I use Zicam Intense Sinus formula for a few days if things get drippy. (It's basically Afrin with a eucalyptus kick.;))

Every few months I need to get the little red Sudafed tablets. I think they are straight decongestant. I just go to the pharmacy, ask for the little red Sudafed tablets, and get them. Never had a problem. Is this new? Or is it being phased it, because I do NOT want to run out of them!

They added a bitter agent to the air. So now if I licking chocolate off my fingers at the computer (heh) I get a nasty kick.

I would really like to clean off my keyboard without the nasty taste getting on my fingers. :(

Nice. Now we can't even lick our keyboards. :lol:

Every few months I need to get the little red Sudafed tablets. I think they are straight decongestant. I just go to the pharmacy, ask for the little red Sudafed tablets, and get them. Never had a problem. Is this new? Or is it being phased it, because I do NOT want to run out of them!

No, it's been going on for a few years. That's why you have to ask at the pharmacy rather than look for it on the shelves. If you buy the largest pack you can get - 90 tablets or so - you may not have to go back as often.

Different states have different rules. I guess the Fed told the states they had to do something about meth cookers buying all the sudafed at one pop. What the states did was up to them.

In NY all I have to do is show picture ID when I buy it from the pharmacist. The pharmacist writes my name down in case there is any question about how much I bought. In some states they chose to get super strict. I have a friend who lives out west and she can only get it with a script.

Oh the misery of allergies! I detest having to jump through hoops to get my allergy meds! Maybe I should stockpile sudafed along with my incandescent lightbulbs :D since congress feels the need to stick their noses into my choice of lighting and allergy medications.

Also...you need a script for lortab and it is one of the most highly abused drugs out there so obviously requiring a prescription does not fix the problem. Making people accountable for their actions and actually punishing them does.

In PA I have to show ID, they slide it through to scan it, and I have to sign both a computer screen and a paper log. But...... the pharmacist selling me the stuff is the one who insists it works tons better than the OTC/no-ID option. I would rather deal with this hassle than get congested enough to need an antibiotic. Nothing works like real Sudafed (ok, I use Target's generic, but same idea).

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I felt so bad for the guy in front of me at the pharmacy the other night. He was picking something up that required ID and they wouldn't let him buy it because his ID had expired! He was NOT happy.

I buy Sudafed all year long whether I need it or not. We've got 5-6 people in our house who are big enough to use it but only 2 who are old enough to buy it. It makes me so mad to have a bad cold go through the house and have to go to the store several times because they won't let me buy enough for the whole family at one time. :glare: One of the bigger pains of having a large family.

That is why I just turn mine upside down and vacuum it now. *shaking head* What is wrong with people that it has to come to that!?

At least they haven't messed with the formula of my drug of choice (Allegra-D). It costs me three times as much as when it was prescription but I can still get it.

I use Zicam Intense Sinus formula for a few days if things get drippy. (It's basically Afrin with a eucalyptus kick.;))

Ooooh...I might have some Zicam around here somewhere; I can just tack that on to everything else, right?

It depends upon how meth-riddled your area is. I can't buy straight Sudafed in my area; it has to be mixed with something like Claritin.

No, it's been going on for a few years. That's why you have to ask at the pharmacy rather than look for it on the shelves. If you buy the largest pack you can get - 90 tablets or so - you may not have to go back as often.

We can only buy 60 tablets a month here. But, I might need to start buying it every month to be on the safe side.

But, I might need to start buying it every month to be on the safe side.

I buy two boxes of the Equate/WM brand whenever I think about it - just to stockpile. I have no doubt that it will require a Rx soon, and I am hoping not to pay a doctor every time the wind blows in NM (which is all.the.flipping.time). The stockpile won't last forever, but it makes me feel better to have it handy when the duststorms hit.

I stood in line, just today, silently seething that I had to go thru these hoops for a $4 box of medication :) I have the fear that I"m going to run out and not be able to get any more- LOL- even though I only take half doses most days, a box of 48 only lasts so long.

Also, I've found that a sinus/nasal rinse 2x a day realllllly helps to compliment the Allegra/decongestant combo I have going :)

I was never so happy as the day my dd's fiance' turned 21 and could finally buy Nyquil for the family. Absolutely crazy I tell you. And I am shocked that I can still buy a three pack of areosoled whip cream without an id. Getting any of my controlled meds filled it always a pain in the rear.

Ah!! I only recently realized that the good Children's Sudafed was being kept behind the counter of the pharmacy. I went to multiple stores to try and find it the last time my daughter had a cold. Then, I was in DC a day and was so excited to find it at Rite Aid. The lady in the store told me she "couldn't keep the stuff on the shelf". Well, I guess now I know why. So, I guess DC of all places decided not to regulate?

Lisa