Menu

A little over two weeks ago...

I was sitting in my home in the city, surrounded by concrete and listening to the sounds of the interstate and general city noise.

Tonight I am sitting in our new home in TN, listening to nothing but the sound of the blower on our wood burning stove. Today we got our chicken run finished, and I have gotten the majority of our things unpacked.

The kids and the dog have run and roamed the 15 acres until they are exhausted. They have spent days prowling around this old farm finding all the typical leavings of a farm at least a half century old. They are in love with the barn :)

My dh got to use the tractor all evening bush hogging the field that we plan to clear for cow pasture.

We are tired and it is good :D

I'm glad that, in spite of our worries, we made the move.

There are pics on my blog if anyone wants to see.

I was sitting in my home in the city, surrounded by concrete and listening to the sounds of the interstate and general city noise.

Tonight I am sitting in our new home in TN, listening to nothing but the sound of the blower on our wood burning stove. Today we got our chicken run finished, and I have gotten the majority of our things unpacked.

The kids and the dog have run and roamed the 15 acres until they are exhausted. They have spent days prowling around this old farm finding all the typical leavings of a farm at least a half century old. They are in love with the barn :)

My dh got to use the tractor all evening bush hogging the field that we plan to clear for cow pasture.

Any coyotes howling yet? :D

You are living my dream or at least it was a few years ago. Blessings.

Enjoy! We've thoroughly enjoyed raising our boys on a similar property here in PA. They've loved the pond and the creek as well as the fields to roam, explore, ride ponies and bikes, and just be boys. I've enjoyed the garden, chickens and deer as well as the lack of city noises and issues.

We're on the other end now though. Yesterday hubby and I sat around thinking about what we're planning to do as our boys leave home for college (one is gone, another leaves next year, the last is a sophomore in high school). We're planning to sell so another family can enjoy the farm - while we move into a small class B motorhome and travel 24/7... Since he does a significant portion of his engineering work on the internet now, it's all soon to be a reality (or so we think - pending an actual sale of our place sometime in the next year or two).

Life does go in stages. Enjoy the one you're in!!! For us, it's been terrific. I couldn't ask for anything more.

So how did you decide to arrange your laundry room/entry/office?

:001_smile:

I'll take a photo soon. It isn't much to look at, but it will work. I managed to fit my desk, two ikea shelves and a couch in there...lol. There is a shelf thing over the washer and dryer that needs to be replaced. It had what appeared to be 20 year old contact paper on it, and when I pulled it off, it smelled like cat urine :001_huh:. It got promptly recovered with new paper until we have time to replace it.

The decor for this house is very much library-ish. We had to put bookshelves in every room! A friend asked when we were hiring the librarian.

The biggest challenge to moving into this house: There hasn't been a woman living in it for over 30 years! It has been a long term bachelor pad. I had years of dirt to clean before we even got our stuff here. I counted 11 mop buckets of nasty black water, just from cleaning the floors and doors alone. Thankfully it wasn't nasty kind of dirty, just plain old DIRT dirty.