Menu

Ah, I'm back to "me", car-wise.

I've always driven beater pick-ups. My first was a 53 Chevy, then a 61 GMC. For many years I was carless, and then I had a 97 Ranger.

Then my years of commuting set in. :confused: This wasn't me, in a little silver automatic with terrific gas mileage and a seat like a lounge chair.

So, now that I'm so close to work, I sold my little import and got a beater pick-up. The windows aren't electric. There is a little rust, and chip in the windshield, and a long handled stick shift. I drive less than 100 miles a month, but ahhhhhhhhh, I'm back to "me".

What is "you", car-wise.

When dh and I married I had a Hyundai accent, I hated that car, but it was what I could afford and like you I had a pretty long commute and it got decent gas milage. Dh had a Ford Explorer which I commandeered the day we married, he was actually fine with it as he preferred driving the little car.

In the last 14.5 years I've had a ford windstar minivan, a toyota camry, a subaru forrester (which was pretty nice), a chrysler town and country. With every one of them I counted down the days until I could get something else. When we got the town and country we had contemplated a Ford Expedition, but dh thought it would be too big even with 3 kids and pets and lots of moving for the military and trips to visit family. Well on Veterans day 2011 I saw a listing for an Expedition for a steal of a price and thought the van was really going down hill. We went and looked at it and dh saw me drive it and said "Yep we're getting this, it just "fits" you"

I've never been so happy with a vehicle before. I love my truck, I haven't driven it much since Sept because dh is on deployment so I've been using his Honda Civic hybrid to save on gas, but you know what, I can't wait to have him home so I can drive my truck without feeling guilty knowing his car is at home. He loves his little car and it "fits" him. When I'm driving my big silver beast I'm comfortable and it just feels right.

Your truck sounds wonderful!

Well my car is sitting in the driveway not being used because it needs some work and licensed. :glare: It's a 2000 Blue Jimmy. It kind of fits me, even though it was dh's before it was mine. It's paid for and we're saving it for ds. The huge dent in the passenger door is not me, dh backed into with his tailgate down (oops!). It's more ds than me though, it's going to be a great first car.

Me? The closest I've come in a 96 Jeep Cherokee. I loved that car, should have never sold it.

My first car was a 1980 Datsun 210 Hatchback, no power steering, no AC. It was the mean Green Crusin' machine. That car was me in a weird, frugal 80s way.

The real me is a car I haven't owned yet. A Jeep Wrangler is some obnoxious color like orange, army green, or apple green. A car that will earn some scars and look all the better for it. I'll put the top down, let my hair blow, and let my dog ride shotgun and drool on the seat. That's my next car. 38887093.jpg

The other me is a vintage Mustang Mach 1 convertible, don't own it either. Yup, we live on a corner. I will squeal my tires as I pull out from the stop sign (after checking for cops- small town) and crank my rock-n-roll, show these young people how it's done. That's my should-we-win-the-lottery car.

used-1971-ford-mustang-mach1tributeconvertible-8031-6505559-1-400.jpg

Dh is currently a Chevy truck with over 250k miles on it. Some of the service lights stay on because there's a funky electrical issue, but it rides fine. The battery died recently, so he stole the one from my car. Funny our current vehicles kind of are the state of beings right now. Hm, may have to ponder that for a while.

Dh is really a Hemi Cuda, which he used to own way before I was in the picture. I heard about it for years, sorry he sold it.

I was pricing Jeeps last night. I don't like the newer ones, they look plastic-y.

Edited by elegantlion
adding pictures

My real life car is a big black pimped out Yukon XL Denali, how pimped? It used to belong to a pro-football player...

My dream would be a sweet little Audi like Iron Man(never happening, but a girl can dream!)

My reality dream car would be an adorable mini-countryman, white with black racing stripes and maybe a Union Jack on the roof.

My guilty pleasure dream car would be a cream colored VWBug with a brown rag-top with those 3 dimensional eye lashes sticking out.

My dream gas saver would be a turbo diesel Jetta...

Not that I've given it much thought...

One day I happened to talk about cars in my class. I don't recall the reason, probably something as benign as mentioning traffic on the way to work.

Anyway, a small group of girls started whispering to each other. I finally asked what they were talking about (since they were usually well behaved girls.) They finally said, "We are just trying to guess what kind of car you drive. She says you probably drive a VW bug convertible but I say you are more the BMW type."

I had to deflate their thoughts immediately by informing them that I drove a mini-van! :tongue_smilie:

Right now I would really love a mini-cooper. Too small for family needs but I love it. Of course, an Aston-Martin would work too! :tongue_smilie:

Right now I would really love a mini-cooper. Too small for family needs but I love it. Of course, an Aston-Martin would work too! :tongue_smilie:

My parents have a mini. Complete with a Union Jack flag on the roof, side mirrors, and mirrored license plate. It's adorable.

My dream car has always been a '57 convertible Corvette. Candy apple red.

My current car is a Buick Rendevouz. I admit that I love that car. Dh has a PT Cruiser.

I married a chevelle, I mean dh had one when we were dating. It was chocolate brown. Bench seats mean you can snuggle right up to your boyfriend while he's driving.

Awesome! That is one of my dream cars! :drool:

I'm not too picky...I just want manual transmission. I always had them till I met dh, and for some reason he prefers automatic. I was visiting my mom a couple years ago and she handed me the keys to her convertible Mustang...I was in heaven. :)

Heck yeah! hehehe :iagree: I like my SUV, but I hate that it is automatic. I wish they came in a stick shift. Not only do you actually feel like you're driving, you don't have to sit around waiting for a jump if your battery dies. I wish all cars came with both options.