Menu

Another Pinterest thread... I don't like it.

I was going to try pinterest out today. Until I found out I either

A. Have to use the FB new timeline, which I don't want to.

or

B. Allow them to do things in Twitter, which I don't want to do.

There is no option to just sign up.

I don't like it.

Once you sign up though, you can revoke access and make a regular sign in, that's what I did. I didn't want them linked either.

That's what I did, too. Then you can change your profile information and photo, so it's not the same as your Facebook one.

I did the same as someone else. I no longer have them linked. I have grown to love Pinterest though. I rarely do searches on it but now use it as my bookmark place. I love looking at all the images rather than that long list of web addresses in favorites.

I sign in through twitter, but pinterest has never ever posted anything to my twitter acct, it's just how I sign in. I don't mind, since my twitter handle is not my name. You could always create a twitter handle just for pinterest and not do anything with it.

I did the same as someone else. I no longer have them linked. I have grown to love Pinterest though. I rarely do searches on it but now use it as my bookmark place. I love looking at all the images rather than that long list of web addresses in favorites.

:iagree:

I rarely look at what other people pin, but, wow, it's a handy place for me to dump sewing and costume ideas, bento lunch ideas, Christmas card ideas, etc.

And mine's disconnected from anything else.

I was going to try pinterest out today. Until I found out I either

A. Have to use the FB new timeline, which I don't want to.

or

B. Allow them to do things in Twitter, which I don't want to do.

There is no option to just sign up.

I don't like it.

OT, but you do know that FB is switching everyone to Timeline soon, right? :(

LOL. I thought you were saying you didn't like Pinterest. I was going to agree.

I signed up and deleted my account a few days/weeks later.

I realized I actually like WORDS more than I like pictures. Call me an oddball.

:iagree: About liking words more than pictures, that is, not that you're an oddball (although you'd be in good company if you were ...).

Best wishes

Cassy

I agree about changing your picture on pinterest - the thread yesterday here about googling your name? I'd never googled my name on "images", and most of the hits were other ladies with my name, but right on the first page were two of ME, both from my pinterest account. My facebook one is locked to google search.

It's actually on this evening's to-do list, to find a nice icon or something :001_smile:

I agree. I'd love to try Pinterest but don't have FB or Twitter. Sadness.

Same here. That seems crazy to me.

Someone told me they deleted their account when they realized that by checking Photography as a hobby, their computer screen was filled with surprises. I guess there are lots of photos of n*ked people under that category. What are we coming to? Good grief.

I joined facebook, joined Pinterest, closed out my facebook account.

I think you can have someone send you an invite. I'd be glad to do it, if you send me a pm. Of course it would probably take me a 1/2 of a day to figure out how to send an invite.

I love crafts, so I really like looking at all the pictures of well made crafts.

Edited by OrganicAnn

Same here. That seems crazy to me.

Someone told me they deleted their account when they realized that by checking Photography as a hobby, their computer screen was filled with surprises. I guess there are lots of photos of n*ked people under that category. What are we coming to? Good grief.

I have photography ticked and I don't get that issue at all, I did once see a bunch of naked people, pinned by one person, but I'm pretty sure that Pinterest dealt with it pretty quick, I've never seen it since. Photography is pretty much the main reason I use pinterest.

Same here. I use it as a bookmark for all my favorite websites. The links will always be there regardless if your computer breaks down or not. I too would much rather see the picture then a link. I get to many of them then forget what it was even for in the first place.