Menu

When showing up for a job interview...

Do not wear pajama bottoms, no bra, a too small button down Henley and unbrushed hair. Do not say to the interviewer when asked a question- "well my resume speaks for itself".

You will not get the job.

The woman has called 5 times asking if she is hired. So my friend has a question- Does any type of assistance require you to follow up so many times. They are trying to be polite and keep telling her they haven't decided yet and if she is hired, they will call her. If it were me, I would say my mom took the job as she was interesting and they are worried as the interviews took place in their home.

Edited by itsheresomewhere

Do not wear pajama bottoms, no bra, a too small button down Henley and unbrushed hair. Do not say to the interviewer when asked a question- "well my resume speaks for itself".

You will not get the job.

So THAT'S why I didn't get that job. It's all so clear now! :lol::lol::lol:

It sounds like someone was trying hard to NOT get a job. It sounds like someone was just going through the motions because a person;/agency told them they needed to go to an interview if one was offered. I hope you didn't waste much time on them.

Why? I work in my pajamas most of the time. Not big on trying to impress people. What do you want, a mind or a mannikin(sp?)? ;)

Actually I already know how not to get hired. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get fired. :bigear:

I interviewed folks for a few jobs, but the people who really stand out in my mind are the ones who act like they are probably too good to be bothering with my interview. And they probably are, so I don't hire them. :tongue_smilie:

What kind of job was she interviewing for?

Mother's helper. My friend's husband gave her a gift of hiring a mother's helper once a week. They have several young children and one more soon. He thought she could use a few hours a week break to either relax at home and her herself think or just leave the house alone. He works long hours and travels. I was baby sitting her kids today during the interviews. Most showed up looking nice. It not a job where the professional dress is required but still show up wearing your nice jeans at least. I liked to say that the woman was young and it was early but she was not young and the interviews were at 2.

To the OP - wow. Just wow. I think I'd find it difficult not to comment on the interviewee's attire. :001_huh:

Are you sure that they weren't homeschool shoes? ;)

This made me bust out laughing... Did I miss a thread on homeschool shoes? I must get caught up, as I'm sure I'm not wearing the proper homeschool mom footwear.... :lol:

At one of my hubby's previous jobs they actually had to send out a memo stating that employees could not wear pj bottoms and bunny slippers to work? This was at least 10 years ago. :001_huh:

My dh has had to write up people for it.

Tell her you no longer need a mother's helper. No explanation as to why is even needed.

Yes.

Mother's helper. My friend's husband gave her a gift of hiring a mother's helper once a week. They have several young children and one more soon. He thought she could use a few hours a week break to either relax at home and her herself think or just leave the house alone. He works long hours and travels. I was baby sitting her kids today during the interviews. Most showed up looking nice. It not a job where the professional dress is required but still show up wearing your nice jeans at least. I liked to say that the woman was young and it was early but she was not young and the interviews were at 2.

I hope your friend had some better candidates to choose from!

The woman has called 5 times asking if she is hired. So my friend has a question- Does any type of assistance require you to follow up so many times. They are trying to be polite and keep telling her they haven't decided yet and if she is hired, they will call her. If it were me, I would say my mom took the job as she was interesting and they are worried as the interviews took place in their home.

I just saw this part. :001_huh: She sounds wacky. Your response sounds fine, and should put an end to it. If she was applying and following up as part of an assistance plan, it seems like she'd need proof from your friend that she interviewed and followed up.