Menu

Bath toys?

How old were your kids when they stopped playing with bath toys? DD is 6 (tomorrow!) but she still likes to sit in the bath for 30 mins to an hour playing. She really needs some new bath toys though. Right now she's got some barbies in there and a few little happy meal type toys.

Are there any good bath toys out there for elementary age kids? Everything out there seems to be for toddlers/preschoolers!

I think my (very "cool" and popular) sister was 11 before she stopped playing with bath toys secretly :001_smile:. She had a mermaid doll, My Little Ponies, a fairy, a frog, and a floating lily pad as well as an assortment of rags and cups.

These water flutes look like great fun. The same company also makes various figures like these dress up dolls.

My 9 year old and all the younger boys still play with bath toys.

This is the current big hit in our tub: http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Speed-Splash-Duel-Playset/dp/B0042ETJY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326955894&sr=8-1

It has two water-proof hot wheels cars which race down the dual tracks once the cup of water behind them empties. The second car to hit a certain point in the track drops through a trap door, much to the delight of all.

This is the current big hit in our tub: http://www.amazon.com/Wheels-Speed-Splash-Duel-Playset/dp/B0042ETJY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326955894&sr=8-1

It has two water-proof hot wheels cars which race down the dual tracks once the cup of water behind them empties. The second car to hit a certain point in the track drops through a trap door, much to the delight of all.

Thank you everyone, lots of good ideas in this thread. Especially this! DD will LOVE this!! She's been playing with her wall tracks everyday since Christmas.

I was wondering about this since my kids are now 5. I donated or threw away most of their bath toys, but they still play with the nesting cups they got as babies, LOL. I don't plan to buy any more bath toys, however. They bathe together and make up all sorts of water fantasies, with or without props.

My 13 yr old son still plays with toys in the tub. Usually it is a combiination of his army guys and my 1cm math cubes (he loves these things and plays all sorts of made up games with them, they are always set up in rows of armies all over the house etc). My 12 yr old dd takes her little pet shops in with her usually. My 8 yr old plays with what ever their is but his favorite is to have a snorkel and goggles to pretend to swim or the preschool toys we have. I need to get some new ones, I had just garbaged all the cheap $ store ones and bleached the rest (I do this every 3-6 months). So time to get some fresh toys in there and I am sure all 4 will play with them. I suspect that my bigs will simply move from toys to reading in the tub when ready. I love to lay in the tub and read, and they seem to love being in there with a good long soak too, even if they are playing with toys still.

We like the foam toys that stick to the sides. One really cute set they really enjoyed was from Target, and had roads and traffic signs.

Other than that, I am most likely done buying bath toys. Only because they get really gross after awhile and I toss them. I like to use garage sale toys and happy meal toys now, so I do not feel bad about throwing them out.

This looks great! If my boys had this, they would never want to get out of the tub!

every now and then zach will get his spongebob toys and play with them in the tub--sometimes he'll take a hot wheels car (of the 3 he has LOL)--empty shampoo bottles are fun--foam letters--bath crayons--little boats? I saw this link earlier and just had to laugh LOL

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/bath-craft-666828/

barbie "boats" from recycled bottles

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/tic-tac-tub-663852/

foam games for tub

The only time my 9 yr old actually "plays" is when she's in the bath. I have all their Schleich (and Papo) toys in the bathtub -- wizards, fairies, witches, dragons, knights, princesses... Baths at our house last for an hour -- or until the hot water becomes too cold to bear.

All my kids like taking baths. DS1 lately has been more interested in showers - but that's because its the quickest way for him to get clean so he can go out and get dirty again. He does take long baths on Saturday nights though.

anything goes in the bathtub. Lately they've been playing kitchen gadgets and the like. DS2 loves bringing animals in.