Menu

Do you let your dc text during the day?

Do you let your dc text during the day?  

1. 1. Do you let your dc text during the day?

• They're allowed to text
    • No texting is allowed
    • Other

I voted yes, but it is with restrictions. They may not have their phones with them when doing schoolwork. We tried that for a while and school was taking WAY too long! Took the phones away and suddenly it got done much faster. Hmmmmm . . .

Anyway, the rule is that they can have the phones for 30 minutes during lunch and then again after they complete their schoolwork for the day.

DD is allowed to text for specific information, for example to arrange a ride out to the barn.

During school time, she is not supposed to text for idle chatting - but then, her best friend attends ps and her other friends are all in college, so nobody has time to text much anyway; it is not a problem.

I voted yes, but it is with restrictions. They may not have their phones with them when doing schoolwork. We tried that for a while and school was taking WAY too long! Took the phones away and suddenly it got done much faster. Hmmmmm . . .

Anyway, the rule is that they can have the phones for 30 minutes during lunch and then again after they complete their schoolwork for the day.

Ditto this!

I voted that they're allowed, however it really isn't an issue. All four kids share one phone, and three of them do not have friends who text. The one who does text occasionally only texts her friends in the evenings because the only friends who text are in public school and they aren't allowed to text in school. :001_smile: Most of her friends prefer Facebook to texting.

My teens are allowed, but ds16 doesn't text anyway. Ds14 has friends in school who can only text during lunch or between classes which keeps it from becoming an issue when public school is in session. On the rare occasions we have school and his friends don't it has become a problem, but those occasions are, at least, rare.

If they text, it is to their dad or oldest brother for some specific reason. Everyone else they know is either in school or doing schoolwork at home. My 18yo will sometimes text me a question from the basement because he doesn't want to walk upstairs. :001_smile: if it became a problem, I would take their phones during school.