Menu

Dear Fellow WTMers - You are invited to join me in my Happy Place, but...

You may only bring good things with you, such as nice bread, good cheese, a joke, some flowers (even if you picked them from the ditch - I don't care), a smile, even a half bottle of wine.

You may stay out if you only have crap to offer to my happy place gathering.

In my happy place you will find soothing colors like pale blues and greens, maybe some yellow (which I don't love, but it is pleasant). The air smells of lavender and roses, but not so much so it overwhelms. And I have really great, fluffy pillows. And fun jazz is softly playing in the background.

Will you join me? Take a breath after the hectic holidays and relax...

So if I picked up some flowers in a ditch, and they have crap on them, that would be okay?

No. Absolutely not. No crap is allowed. Not even on the shoes. All crap must be left outside. I may thank you for the flowers and the thought, but they will not be allowed inside.

Sorry for any inconvenience. :)

I'm relaxing with my hand me down flat panel monitor and a nice wintry Sting CD.

I'm picturing a concert in the snow. We are in a glass dome watching the snow hit the ceiling and we are warm as we swing in a hammocks. The hammocks are crowded with fluffy pillows and warm fleece throws. The acoustics are perfect. Ah, they're bringing around the hot chocolate now.

Can I come? I'll bring what is left of the delicious Malbec dh and I just discovered and my brand new copy of Pride and Prejudice on Blu-ray. Surely Mr. Darcy is invited to the happy place.

Mr. Darcy is most welcome :).

I am loving malbec recently, and the two that I can afford to bring into my Happy Place are Alamos (Argentina) and Caillero del Diablo (Chile)- which did you and your dh find?

Can I come? I'll bring what is left of the delicious Malbec dh and I just discovered and my brand new copy of Pride and Prejudice on Blu-ray. Surely Mr. Darcy is invited to the happy place.

I got my sisters each a copy of Pride and Prejudice and then wished I had picked myself up a copy too. :001_smile:

I'm bringing some Lambic, a plate of warm brownies, and an ear that's happy to listen to nice stories. It's been a long week and a half so I'd love to hear everyone's nice Christmas stories. Don't worry about me if I'm just sitting and listening without joining in. Sometimes I'm shy and sometimes I'm just content to be in nice company.

Mr. Darcy is most welcome :).

I am loving malbec recently, and the two that I can afford to bring into my Happy Place are Alamos (Argentina) and Caillero del Diablo (Chile)- which did you and your dh find?

The Malbec was called (I use "was" because dh and I finished off the bottle;)) Gascon. It is an Argentine wine. So smooth and yummy.

I'll bring Heineken. I'm drinking it right now though, needing to recover from the crappiest Christmas ever. But I'll save a few.

Oh, hon :grouphug:. Check your crap outside (you are welcome to park it next to mine - it's still warm there), and come on in - it's nice in here :)

I will be the tall lady in puffy pajama pants, though I will bring a bookshelf so as not to scare anyone. I will bring every carb in my house, because I love y'all and not because I am throwing them all out in the morning. I will bring jokes, too, because I'm good like that. I will also bring my Kuerig and, like, 200 pods in all flavors.... Ooops - there's probably no "like" in your happy place. There is not in mine. :-) I will speak well and kindly there. Thank you for the invitation!

SWM is indeed tall... and I happen to love her pajama puffy pants.:D

Me? I've got a half a baked brie with apricot preserves and toasted almonds on top. And crackers. Lots and lots of crackers...

BTW, SWM... I'd like an English Breakfast tea with cream and sugar... heavy on the cream. :)

For you? Done! :-)

Oh, what a lovely idea! I'm bringing our weather: 87°F, bright blue sky, gentle breeze and our pool which is sparkling thanks to DS15's hard work all week :) I just thought I'd bring some balance to the cold and snow :D

I also have half a jug of Campari slushi to further mellow the mood :tongue_smilie:

Love this place. Are we allowed to go br@less? I won't considered it too happy and relaxing unless I can do this.

We need quilts, lots of cozy homemade quilts :). And a nice hot pot of Peppermint Tea with a touch of sugar to enjoy along with the chocolate! My guests go home this morning and then I get to spend reality putting my house back together. It was a lovely holiday weekend but dh goes back to work and I could easily stress out over everything I have let go to get caught up.