Menu

Things I simply do not understand

pqr

I agree. I don't understand it either. Of course I also don't understand $900 jeans or $1,000+ high-heel shoes and handbags :confused:. I figure it's because I am lowend middleclass and these are rich people things :lol:.

Yes, the rich people were probably at the mall drinking their alcohol and smoking their marijuana. :-)

Well, I have Plantar fasciitis and it looks like I will be spending about $150 to get the shoes I need to provide the support I need and relieve the pain. I don't know that that is quite the same thing but all of my dds own Uggs which cost about the same. That was their only Christmas present a few years ago and they are still going strong so I feel I got my money's worth. As for the crowds and frenzies well that is a different matter altogether.

Well, I have Plantar fasciitis and it looks like I will be spending about $150 to get the shoes I need to provide the support I need and relieve the pain. I don't know that that is quite the same thing but all of my dds own Uggs which cost about the same. That was their only Christmas present a few years ago and they are still going strong so I feel I got my money's worth. As for the crowds and frenzies well that is a different matter altogether.

What kind are you getting? I am rolling a frozen bottle of water with my foot as I type this and I need some relief from the pain.

There was news of a riot at a local mall because of these stupid shoes. Ugh. My ds was at another local mall buying another type of Nike and (luckily) they had sold out of these shoes. This is INSANE!!!!

But, I do understand buying shoes that cost this much. I have a couple pair of shoes that I love and will never get rid of. They cost nearly as much as these. They are comfy and will ALWAYS be in style.

I've paid $160 for a pair of shoes. Mind you, it's been over a decade since I've owned more than two pairs of shoes at a time. They were great. They looked good on my ugly feet and I wore them every day for three years before they could no longer be repaired. I've been kicking myself ever since they wore out that I don't remember the brand name.

Rosie

Okay, I'm with you on part of it. I don't understand how anything would be worth a stampede. :glare: I'm not willing to fight crowds, be rude, drive bumper to bumper, get up terribly early and risk my sanity just to save a few bucks.

However, I'm not opposed to dropping a big chunk of change on quality shoes, clothes, purses or furniture. I'd rather have one quality pair of sneakers than 10 cheap pairs in a myriad colors and I'm perfectly fine with going a whole year with an empty living room, saving my money until I can buy the perfect sofa. Kwim? :tongue_smilie:

What kind are you getting? I am rolling a frozen bottle of water with my foot as I type this and I need some relief from the pain.

I am looking at: http://www.biotrekfootwear.com/index.php/women.html . They are made by this company: http://www.biotrekfootwear.com/index.php/about-biotrek . I haven't actually bought them yet because I want to go to one of those special stores for feet problems and see what shoes will work best for me.

Who pays $180 for sneakers?

My DH -he has ankle issues and needs good shoes or he can't walk well.

I wouldn't buy those shoes for my kids -I'd be too worried someone would mug them if they are so popular.

I don't think the people in the article look like "rich folk". I am sure these shoes are more about "status symbol" then comfort if people are willing to mug for them.

Shoes must be way cheaper in America, sneakers are easily $150 + here in Australia, unless you get those supper cheep ones that fall apart after one week, they cost $50. I just bought some black lace up shoes that I can fit my specially made innersoles in ( the innersoles cost $300 from the podiatrist). The shoes were $180. Just got work boots for ds, they were $130.

Nothing quite says "celebrating the birth of our Savior" like fighting over $180 shoes...

:glare:

No Kidding!

I'm sure Jesus approves of running down people in your path to get some item that you don't even need so you can turn around, add no value whatsoever, and sell it at a high price to other people.

They interviewed some of these criminals at a local mall and they weren't even remotely bothered by the fact that they ran down older and weaker people in the rush for the stupid shoes. Two proudly said that they stepped over others and just kept on going because, "It wasn't personal; it's business".

Oh my Lord.