1. 1. I like my Christmas lights:

• Multi-colored
    • Single-colored
    • Static
    • Blinking
    • non-existent (AKA "Grinch")
    • No preference!

Another poll to feed my nosy mind.

I've spent the past ten minutes listening to my sisters debate which of our neighbors' Christmas lights look better. It's obviously a slow day ...

I don't like any lights, myself, ::cue Grinch song:: but my sisters are split. One prefers the single-color white lights (though the neighbor has red tips at each point), the other likes the multi-colored strands.

I can't decide if I'm annoyed enough to rant at them about WHO FLIPPIN' CARES, or if I want to stir the pot by asking the next logical question: static, or blinking? :D

For purposes of the poll, assume the "single-color" option refers to lights of any single-color: white, clear, red, green, blue, etc. It's set up for multiple answers.

I like those big, old-fashioned mulit-coloredChristmas lights (I'm assuming you mean house-lights, not tree lights). We had them for a couple of years, but then Hubby got all conservationalist on me and bought smaller LED lights. I don't like them as much but am getting used to it. It's not a warm light they emit. It's kind of cold and sterile. But, as I said, I'm getting used to it.

I personally don't really care what others do. I do like Christmas lights, they make this cold, dull time of the year seem so festive. Anyway, I have colored lights outside. That's really because I *only* like white lights on our Christmas tree, and they can't blink! This way I have a little variety.

What I don't like on outside lighting is when it's WAY over done and too busy. I prefer simple.

I messed up your poll and voted for all of them except for the grinch option. I like everyone's attempts, even what we call the "seizure lights" at the end of our street because they are blinking so fast that someone is going to have a seizure.

I am getting way too old. If somebody else puts them up, then great. Otherwise, nevermind :tongue_smilie:

:iagree:

I like the multi colored ones on my tree and put up plain white ones in the windows. We probably have close to 2000 lights on our tree!

We don't put up any outside as my dh doesn't want to bother with that.

:iagree:Almost exactly. I do hang some greenery with white lights around the front door and added some white pre-lit Christmas trees to the front porch this year, but the kids and I do that.

I also like the larger, old-fashioned multi-colored lights for outside. We also trim the garage door in white rope lights, so I guess we do some of both.

My tree has pre-lit white lights which I love, and would prefer just that. BUt we have a few strands of multicolored lights that can change blinking designs and DH and the boys love it, so those are on there too. I let them play with the blinking sometimes, but mostly they are static.

We have white lights on our tree this year. The family was skeptical because we usually have multi colored old fashioned big bulb lights, but we needed more and could not find them anywhere. But I love white lights!

I am not an outside light kind of person, so we do not have any on our house. I do enjoy seeing houses that are tastefully done. It is not so much the color that annoys me, it is more when people have a ton of styles going all over the house and year. I like continuity ;)

We drove around the neighborhood a bit to see the lights. A lot of people here outsource the chore, so everyone's home looks very much the same. One house looked like a circus! It had four big inflatable things and a hodgepodge of lights and a cutout nativity scene. It was chaos, but the kids loved it. And I renounced my grinchness temporarily, because I sort of liked it, too. I pictured a gaggle of kids and their parents letting them decorate "their own way" rather than the 'picture-perfect' way. I liked that.

But, to my kids' disappointment, not enough for them to convince me to put up lights at our house LOL.

What do I like to put on my house or what do I like to see on the neighbors' houses?

I don't have any lights on my house and have never thought about it enough to have a preference. I'm not a Scrooge, just realistic about my limitations. :001_smile:

As far as the neighbors' houses go I love all of the varieties. I think Christmas lights would not be nearly so fun if everyone chose the same thing. I love the tastefully simple and the extravagantly gaudy. It's just fun to drive around and look at them all.

I voted single colored, static, but we have a very cool display in town with mulitcolored, blinking lights. There is a home/workplace for people who can't live on their own called The Village. It has a community center surrounded by group homes. Around the circle drive of the community center they have 4 different displays that are timed to music or the Christmas story broadcast on 4 different radio stations. So the lights flash in time to the music. The more notes/instruments played the more lights that flash. Very cool.