Menu

I HATE wrapping Christmas presents!!!!!

Ok. I said it! I hate, hate, hate wrapping Christmas presents. Maybe it's because the task always falls on my shoulders. DH offers to wrap, but then Deadliest Catch comes on and that's forgotten.

I would SO do gift bags if it weren't for the kids. They like ripping into paper.

Uhh,.....anyone else despise wrapping. I'm so wiped and I only wrapped about 15 presents so far. :tongue_smilie:

P.S. I LOVE Christmas, just not all the wrapping.

15 presents in a row? That's beyond my limit! I don't like wrapping gifts either. My usual method is to wrap about 5 or 6 at a time. Fortunately, the last couple of years I got help from my daughters because they like wrapping gifts. This year, I've started my shopping earlier and I'm going to wrap as I get the gifts into the house. I'm still going to have my daughters do as much as they can and are willing to do. :D

I also dislike putting up the Christmas tree and decorating it. The kids have done that part for years because they think it's so cool. I don't mind taking it down though. Everything gets put away on the 26th because I'm ready to have my living room look normal again and I'm the only one who cares about it.

I don't like wrapping either, and I don't do it. We use a lot of reusable fabric bags here. Lots of them were originally sewn by my grandma, so that makes them extra special. I'll also reuse regular gift bags for some of the presents.

My daughter doesn't particularly like ripping into paper because she doesn't like the waste aspect of it.

Yesterday you hated the reply feature on the boards. Today you hate wrapping Christmas presents.

Can I offer you a Mike's hard lemonade and a friendly suggestion to take your Fall Break soon?

:001_smile:

336.jpg

:drool5: I will accept. Also yes, I believe our 6 weeks are up starting on the 28th of November. Must. Hold. Out.

Your favorite beverage and some Christmas music totally helps.

Lock yourself in a room away from everyone else and enjoy the alone time.

I try to wrap as I shop, however, sometimes it just becomes a marathon wrap session and you just have to get it done.

GIve hubby a card table to work on in front of the TV. ;)

It's not my favorite thing to do, either. I used to procrastinate horribly, and have all the little stocking gifts to wrap between the time my bigs went to bed and the time dh came home from the late service on Christmas Eve--blech!! Now I wrap as I go, if I can.

Maybe a combination of bags and wrap--so they get some wrapping paper to tear, and you can save some of your hair from tearing! (as in tearing out your hair--ok, that didn't work...:D)

I don't like it either - too many years of wrapping gifts after the kids are in bed when I too would like to be in bed, running out of paper or tape.....

I often have things giftwrapped now. Yeah, it is indulgent - but the money often goes to charity around here when you use gift wrap services in the mall or like. I give them my gifts, go get a coffee, come back and they are wrapped well. Voila!

Maybe I'm just weird, but I LOVE wrapping presents. It is so much fun to make a gift look beautiful. I spend a lot of time perfectly wrapping each gift with ribbons and bows to match. I always get 3 or 4 rolls of coordinating paper for the year so that all the presents under the tree match. :tongue_smilie:

My mom use to box all the presents up each year and then let me wrap them all ... even my own. ;) LOL

Wrapping is not my favorite activity, mainly because I'm really bad at it! All the gifts look as though they were wrapped by our youngest, so I take advantage of that and have her help me :001_smile: She's four and thinks it's the greatest fun ever. Who cares if we go through three times more tape than we should?

Maybe I'm just weird, but I LOVE wrapping presents. It is so much fun to make a gift look beautiful. I spend a lot of time perfectly wrapping each gift with ribbons and bows to match. I always get 3 or 4 rolls of coordinating paper for the year so that all the presents under the tree match. :tongue_smilie:

I had a friend who did that. He was meticulous in his wrapping. The folded sides would even match up perfect with the print. I hated opening those gifts because they were so beautifully wrapped! I just don't have that skill. :)

I buy 5 different patterns, one for each person in the family. Passing presents around Christmas morning is so much easier when we can just look at the paper and know who it belongs to. I usually don't put labels on them either to keep family members guessing what packages belong to them. I put a piece of their wrapping paper pattern at the bottom of their stockings for them to know what pattern belongs to them. That's always fun. :tongue_smilie:

I store the kids' gifts at my mom's house. A few days before Christmas I go to her house, put on a Christmas movie and we wrap our gifts at the same time. By the end we're a little sick of it but it's nice to have someone to wrap with. It's our little tradition.

My mom used to wrap my presents first and then she'd have me come in and help her wrap everyone else's presents. We made it fun by watching girly movies and critiquing each other's work. And with 8 people in my family and about 10 presents each, it was a lot of wrapping. I don't love wrapping presents, but it doesn't have to be a chore either.

I buy 5 different patterns, one for each person in the family. Passing presents around Christmas morning is so much easier when we can just look at the paper and know who it belongs to. I usually don't put labels on them either to keep family members guessing what packages belong to them. I put a piece of their wrapping paper pattern at the bottom of their stockings for them to know what pattern belongs to them. That's always fun. :tongue_smilie:

What a fun idea! I might try that when my kids are a little older and care.

I'm not a big fan of wrapping.....or maybe it is just the thought of it.

But wrapping the gifts has turned into a little tradition of sorts with DH. Once the kids are in bed on Christmas Eve, we sneak to the basement, put on some Christmas music, crack open a nicer than normal bottle of wine and spend the next few hours wrapping and chatting. Next thing you know, it is midnight!

Now that DS knows the truth about Santa, I'm thinking of including him in some of the wrapping for the little ones. He can have hot cocoa and hang out with us for an hour.

I don't like it either - too many years of wrapping gifts after the kids are in bed when I too would like to be in bed, running out of paper or tape.....

I often have things giftwrapped now. Yeah, it is indulgent - but the money often goes to charity around here when you use gift wrap services in the mall or like. I give them my gifts, go get a coffee, come back and they are wrapped well. Voila!

Yep. I am scheduled for gift-wrapping for charity four days between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Good thing I don't hate it, lol!

I am embarrased to admit that if I wrap ahead of time I forget what is in the packages so wrapping usually get done all at the same time. It is a long tedious process which I don't much enjoy. I don't really like decorating for Christmas either. And I absolutely despise having to take the decorations down and pack them away. That's why going to my dd's for the holidays is so great. She is still in that stage of her life where she likes to decorate and entertain. He hubby loves to cook and he house is bigger than mine and much better suited to accomodating the crowd. All I have to do is show up with presents and do the shopping for the food. It works out great for everyone involved.

It's not my favorite thing to do, either. I used to procrastinate horribly, and have all the little stocking gifts to wrap between the time my bigs went to bed and the time dh came home from the late service on Christmas Eve--blech!! Now I wrap as I go, if I can.

Around here the stocking IS the wrapping!