Menu

*Vent*

Reply: Hormones, hugs, & one sharply-worded reply. Rest, cuddle baby.

If we already know how the thread goes, can we just skip it? And if we can just skip it, why have I almost posted 20 times today? :lol:

Because I'm too embarrassed to post & too weepy not to. Because I know what's wrong & what you'll say, so I just keep trying to play through the imaginary thread so I don't have to bother. :tongue_smilie:

The end of it goes like this: Thanks, guys.

Whew. Now I can move on to something productive. Like laundry. ;)

What if all posts were like this? We could, for example, just open a post saying the Duggars are a little nuts, some people think they are irresponsible and abusing the earth, but others admire how they stick to their faith.

It would save a lot of broadband. :D

Snuggle the baby. I wish I had one. Eat chocolate.

And lo, there was chocolate. And the post partum woman saw it was good and eated of it. She did grow weary and downtrodden, but then she was visited by the spirits of kilts, and kitten videos on youtube, and the occasional vegetable. For she had banished the pizza and the chili and all the foods of her husband's people, pronouncing them unclean. And soon the shepherds came. And they brought cheesecakes.

I think you're coping remarkably well. I mean, you haven't stabbed anyone in the eyeball with a fondue fork, have you?

Hormones suck and of course you should go cuddle your baby. Wasn't that why they were invented?

:grouphug:

Rosie

:smilielol5:

I was going to recommend chocolate - in any form, but someone(s) has already beaten me to it.

Pour chocolate on the cheesecake!

THAT was dh's modification! LOL It now has a hardened chocolate topping that's buttery & toffee-like. My favorite. Except the verb tense is wrong--HAD chocolate topping.

And lo, there was chocolate. And the post partum woman saw it was good and eated of it. She did grow weary and downtrodden, but then she was visited by the spirits of kilts, and kitten videos on youtube, and the occasional vegetable. For she had banished the pizza and the chili and all the foods of her husband's people, pronouncing them unclean. And soon the shepherds came. And they brought cheesecakes.

Dh showed 8yo how to brown ground beef this afternoon, & she & 10yo made spaghetti. They did a very good job, but I"m making a menu tonight & taking inventory of the pantry.

Bear in mind before I tell you--I have not done much (if any) of the grocery shopping in...a while.

15 cans of cream of chicken soup

9 boxes of cake mix

a bag of chocolate chips on every shelf in the kitchen

1 can of green beans. Yes, that's the vegetable inventory right there. :glare: :lol:

The table was cluttered at dinner, & in the process of cleaning it off, I asked why there was a bag of baby carrots just sitting on the table. 10yo said he thought we needed some veggies to go w/ the spaghetti, so he was serving them out of the bag. :D Good kid. I feel like stuffing some spinach in something (my mouth?). :lol: