Menu

Do you freeze grapes?

Okay, thanks. On a HOT day I am hoping it will cool the girls off but I am taking oranges too just in case. I didn't want to freeze a hole batch and have it not work, so I figured I would ask for advice.:001_smile:

I love them, but the rest of my family does not. I also like chewing on ice and I bite my ice cream. That may give you an indication of whether or not they'll work for your crew.

If you do like them, try frozen honeydew chunks too. YUM!

My dc love frozen grapes. Whenever there is a good sale, I stock up. Just a warning though...when they thaw they are mushy and gross. If you think they will stay frozen until after the game, then go for it!

Seconding (or thirding?) this advice. Someone I know had them frozen and they were so amazing I froze a bunch of them. And I learned my lesson when they were disgusting thawed. It's really only good while frozen, which limits their usefulness as a traveling snack.

A weight loss tip I read quite a while back was to freeze grapes and use them for those afternoon snacks when you're craving something sweet. I have done it and found it to be a wonderful idea. Just don't freeze too many at a time because long term, they don't do so well.

Blessings,

Lucinda

My dc love frozen grapes. Whenever there is a good sale, I stock up. Just a warning though...when they thaw they are mushy and gross. If you think they will stay frozen until after the game, then go for it!

That's good to know. Thanks. I was going to do it for a half-time snack. I thought they would be easy to eat and still give them something cold to chew on.

Edited by fourcatmom

I never thought about freezing grapes until I visited dh's dad and step-mom. They always have frozen green grapes in their freezer. When they offered them to my kids, those grapes dissappeared within minutes. They are like a frozen treat. Now I occasionally throw my green grapes into the freezer. My kids love them. I haven't tried it with red/purple grapes, but I imagine it would be similar. Try it.