Menu

Could really use some well-wishes right now.

Going to make every possible effort to get someone close to me in a detox program today (which will hopefully be followed by short term rehab at least, even though that's going to put some additional responsibility on my shoulders for a while). (This is NOT about my spouse btw).

I've been down this road before, more than once with this person, and I hate that it has become necessary again. But it has.

Things are getting pretty bad. :(

That's all I want to say here but if you've been down this road too and feel up to a more in depth conversation about it that you feel might be helpful because of your experience/knowledge, you can PM me, preferably with an email addy as that won't restrict how many characters can be typed etc. So, yeah, also only PM if you have time for something wordy.

Sigh.

This sucks.

Edited by NanceXToo
Clarification

Yes. Yes it does.

But you are giving this person a choice where there wasn't one before--the only choice the person had before you stepped in was death. You are allowing that dear person to choose life.

That's a big gift, Nance.

You are generous and kind and loving to do this. And brave.

Hold on tight while you are letting go, if you know what I mean.

Tons of hugs.

:grouphug:

BTDT with my brother numerous times. He's now been sober for 15 months (or so). His rock bottom was a couple of near-death experiences (blood alcohol level at .52 - he was in a coma and not expected to live) and jail time. He had nowhere to go. Nobody was willing to help him anymore. So, he chose a year-long rehab program.

:grouphug: I pray it doesn't come to that for your friend. I pray this is it.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:I have been down this road with my brother, with drugs/alcohol (my parents were alive and mainly handled it but I completely understand), and with having him involuntarily committed to the state mental hospital. I started the process while my father was on his death bed and once dad passed I was off to the police station to get the emergency order.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:I know how hard it is.

I can lend support and share experiences. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Nance :grouphug: No advice to give - I'm just starting down this road with a loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug:

Yes. Yes it does.

But you are giving this person a choice where there wasn't one before--the only choice the person had before you stepped in was death. You are allowing that dear person to choose life.

That's a big gift, Nance.

You are generous and kind and loving to do this. And brave.

Hold on tight while you are letting go, if you know what I mean.

Tons of hugs.

Very nice post, Chris. :grouphug: