Menu

As a teenager, which celebrity did you have a crush on?

Anyone heard of him? He was the British actor who played Romeo in Romeo and Julliet the one that was directed by Franco Zeffirelli (sp?) in 1968. I had many other crushes of course but he is the one I remember the most. Of course by the time I saw the movie the first time in 9th grade he was by then in his 30's. :D Oh, and I had a big crush on Rob Lowe! St. Elmos Fire!!!!!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Wopat, the other Duke boy. (I know, not the popular answer, but you have to admit that Luke was much smarter than Beau.)

Harrison Ford, I saw Star Wars opening weekend...

Rick Springfield, John Stamos (the General Hospital version, not the Full House version), Tom Cruise, Edward Norton (but I knew him personally and he was not famous at the time,) Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran...

I wasn't very picky, was I?

Tom Wopat, the other Duke boy. (I know, not the popular answer, but you have to admit that Luke was much smarter than Beau.)

Harrison Ford, I saw Star Wars opening weekend...

Rick Springfield, John Stamos (the General Hospital version, not the Full House version), Tom Cruise, Edward Norton (but I knew him personally and he was not famous at the time,) Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran...

I wasn't very picky, was I?

You know Edward Norton?? I am sooo jealous.:glare:

:D

Is he a nice guy? He seems like he would be a nice, shy kind of guy.

For me it was John Cusack, but I refer to him as Lloyd Dobler only. He is the quintessential man. I would go on but I am sitting across from my husband.;)

We just watched High Fidelity.......last Wednesday night! ;)

You know Edward Norton?? I am sooo jealous.:glare:

:D

Is he a nice guy? He seems like he would be a nice, shy kind of guy.

I don't know him anymore. We knew each other in high school. He is a year older than me. We took acting classes together and did a couple of shows together. I remember him helping me study for the Maryland Functional Citizenship (or some such nonsense) test during stage rehearsals for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. "How many years is a US Senator's term?" and that kind of stuff. Real romantic, but at least he was talking to me.

He was a very nice guy. I don't know if he was shy because I was so painfully shy that no one else seemed shy to me. He was incredibly smart and generous and cute. And he is also very funny. And when we saw Sweeney Todd in the local theater, he held my hand through the scary parts. And he hugged me when we went to see a play about a concentration camp, and I was very freaked out.

All right, I will stop now. I sound like a teenager, again.

I don't know him anymore. We knew each other in high school. He is a year older than me. We took acting classes together and did a couple of shows together. I remember him helping me study for the Maryland Functional Citizenship (or some such nonsense) test during stage rehearsals for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. "How many years is a US Senator's term?" and that kind of stuff. Real romantic, but at least he was talking to me.

He was a very nice guy. I don't know if he was shy because I was so painfully shy that no one else seemed shy to me. He was incredibly smart and generous and cute. And he is also very funny. And when we saw Sweeney Todd in the local theater, he held my hand through the scary parts. And he hugged me when we went to see a play about a concentration camp, and I was very freaked out.

All right, I will stop now. I sound like a teenager, again.

Wow! That is so cool!:001_smile:

Nathan Fillion (Firefly and Serenity. Oh and the movie Waitress)

Was Nathan Fillion around to have a crush on when you were a teenager?

Now, I'll admit to an ongoing crush on "Captain Mal"... The Firefly dvds are never far from my dvd player...

I think I had it all going on for him for awhile. David Cassidy and Davy Jones were definitely in the running. But, I also had a "thing" for some older fellows like:

Paul_Newman.jpg

And.....

redford_1969.jpg

Goodness, I'm breaking out in a sweat. :D:D

What...no Tom Cruise fans here? I had quite the crush. But now that we've all gotten to know him a little better...:ack2:

Here's to you, Tom: :chillpill: !

;)

Yep, and Yep.

I saw Top Gun 13 times. It came out the summer I left for Navy boot camp.

Believe it or not, William Shatner from Star Trek, I even dreamed about that Capt. Kirk....

and Buck Rogers...what's his name IRL...Gil something.

I had a friend who just loved Mel Gibson when we were in 8th grade. I didn't even know who he was!

Believe it or not, William Shatner from Star Trek, I even dreamed about that Capt. Kirk....

and Buck Rogers...what's his name IRL...Gil something.

I had a friend who just loved Mel Gibson when we were in 8th grade. I didn't even know who he was!

OMG, I forgot about my Star Trek crush on Spock! I always went for the nerds or the strong silent types. "Mystery men".

I think I had it all going on for him for awhile. David Cassidy and Davy Jones were definitely in the running. But, I also had a "thing" for some older fellows like:

Paul_Newman.jpg

And.....

redford_1969.jpg

Goodness, I'm breaking out in a sweat. :D:D

Oh, Lord have mercy! I loves me some Robert Redford!:DThe Sting is not a great movie because of the plot or the story, it's a great movie for the eye-candy.

Is it hot in here?:lol:

Oh, Lord have mercy! I loves me some Robert Redford!:DThe Sting is not a great movie because of the plot or the story, it's a great movie for the eye-candy.

Is it hot in here?:lol:

I was so disillusioned by his dyed hair! Why on earth he felt the need to not just be handsome and gray. He is, IM(very hot in here)O, still mighty fine. But, the reddish blonde hair at his age looks ridiculous.

Oh well, they're only human, right. ;)

I was so disillusioned by his dyed hair! Why on earth he felt the need to not just be handsome and gray. He is, IM(very hot in here)O, still mighty fine. But, the reddish blonde hair at his age looks ridiculous.

Oh well, they're only human, right. ;)

Yes, they put their pants on and take them off one leg at a time.;)

I did not just type that. Did I??:lol:

Tony Geary from General Hospital

Rick Springfield from General Hospital

Jack Wagner from General Hospital (anyone noticing a trend here?)

Then, I graduated to:

Harrison Ford (BIG time crush)

Jameson Parker (Simon & Simon)

John Schneider

Mel Gibson

Finally, my devotion in upper high school/college was to:

Bono (continues to this day, but not quite as fanatical)

Gosh, some of these people I dont even know LOL!

My crushes were....

Hobie Buchannon on Baywatch....real name is Jeremy Jackson. I googled him and he's really freaky looking now! :blink:

Kevin Smith from the group DC Talk. And I just loooved that mans voice. :001_wub:

Macaulay Culkin....fell in love with him from Home Alone when I was about 10 years old LOL! Yeah, he's kinda freaky looking now too.

Freddie Prinz Jr...he's still cute now!

Elijah Wood.....loved ALL his movies but started liking him in Flipper.

Keanu Reaves....yes, he was quite a bit older than me, but I loved him in Speed!

Was Nathan Fillion around to have a crush on when you were a teenager?

Now, I'll admit to an ongoing crush on "Captain Mal"... The Firefly dvds are never far from my dvd player...

Aww, why should teenagers get all the fun? I've got my own ongoing crush on Captain Mal. And there's an 80s rock star who still makes my knees weak.

(PS to Nukeswife - Waitress was such an adorable movie! But did you ever see him play a bad guy in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series? Wow ...!)

Casting my mind back...

... nothing compares to Prince.

I'm still not over hearing about him on "An Evening with Kevin Smith."

Guest Katia

Tom Selleck - Magnum PI

And, I can't believe no one else has mentioned him:

Pierce Brosnan - Remington Steele (my fav) and then as Bond

These were late high school and post-high school loves.

Jr. High would have been :

Ben Murphy and Pete Duel - Alias Smith and Jones

Parker Stevenson - Hardy Boys

Well, I had posters of Ralph Macchio all over my walls. Others...Michael Damien and umm...oh I can't remember his name! Isn't that horrible? I'll remember later. :D

Too funny, I had a whole wall full of John Stamos (before his Full House days). Then one day I got bored with him and ripped 'em all off. I have no idea what prompted that.

I can't believe no one has said John Stamos!!

You beat me to it! :D

For me it was John Cusack, but I refer to him as Lloyd Dobler only. He is the quintessential man. I would go on but I am sitting across from my husband.;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Simon from Duran Duran

Parker Stevenson - NOT NOT Sean Cassidy!

Sue

Oh my gawsh, girrrrl, mine was John Taylor from Duran Duran! That was after I got tired of John Stamos. Wow, I guess I've always been a one man kinda gal! LOL

Mine too!! My girlfriend and I went to see him when we were in 12th grade. Heaven!

Rick Springfield was my first concert, but I can't remember what year. 9th grade, I think? 1983? Quarterflash opened for him. Have we done a "Who was your first concert" yet on this board?