Menu

Prayers and Positive Thoughts Requested (please).............

we finally have a couple who loves our house.

I would be so grateful for any prayers and/or positive thoughts on our behalf.....we have been on the market 100 days and it has been an experience keeping everything ready to show AND vacating with three kids and a dog. :svengo:

TIA

MONDAY NIGHT UPDATE: Still no news, but our agent says their agent says they are still very much interested and just havn't made a decision yet. On an even brighter note, we had a showing today, and we have one scheduled for Thursday. We've been told by more than one realtor that the market is becoming more active, and we are so hoping this is the case. DD12 and I re-staged (totally changed) our living room today. Then dh and I went to Homegoods (where they know me by name) and picked up a few things and now the room is definitely more inviting, the room looks larger and more interesting, and I think we may get someone's attention (and affection) this way.

The 'before' photos of the living room and kitchen are here: http://franklymls.com/FX7591105

The 'after' photos are here now:

Please keep those good thoughts and prayers coming. Thanks so much!

post-10544-13535085364346_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535085364747_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535085364346_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535085364747_thumb.jpg

Edited by MariannNOVA

Praying about it; please keep us updated.

Faith

I certainly will! We all know what a powerful group of prayer warriors we have here -- feedback is uplifting. ;)

How exciting!!!!! I'll pray for you!!!!! (And, I'm sending my cabana boy over with a drink for you!)

:lol::lol: Make it a double -- save him a trip! :lol::lol:

Sending prayers for you guys. (Are you the one with the psycho neighbors? Are they still there? Are they still psycho? Definitely praying you can get away from psycho neighbors.)

Are you referencing Mrs Scissorhands? ;)

Are they still psycho? Probably yes, but not with us. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, that would be us! :lol:

We are moving though b/c every thing we do (co-op, Church, CC, lacrosse - really everything) is in another town 20 miles away.

Praying for you. :grouphug:

Thank you so very very much!:grouphug:

You remain in my prayers, now escalating them!

Ya know, my own move will not truly be done until you complete things on your end, since we launched into this together.

Be sure to tell these prospective buyers about the cabana boy. That's a huge selling point. :D

lol I was just going to ask about scissorhands, too. What did you ultimately do to fix that?

Ultimately, I filed a restraining order against them so any encroachment on their part would end unpleasantly.....for them.

It was easy to do and it DID get the point across -- there have not been any other incidents.

FTR, I can be cold as ice and I have been since the 'pruning' incident. ;)

You remain in my prayers, now escalating them!

Ya know, my own move will not truly be done until you complete things on your end, since we launched into this together. :grouphug: You are so sweet!

Be sure to tell these prospective buyers about the cabana boy. That's a huge selling point. :D

:svengo:THE CABANA BOY!!!!! Here I've been making my house look like something out of Ballard Designs, and I totally forgot about the cabana boy! And, Oh -- the cabana boy conveys? :toetap05:

:grouphug:

Thank you kindly Miss Scarlett!

I will definitely be praying. All total in the last 2 years we have had our home on the market for 365 days and not one person was even remotely interested in it. It was so hard to get all 7 kids out of the home and put the dog in her bed and make sure it was all ready to leave. The open houses were the worst. Hoping they will be the ones. And I hope I can post this some day too.

I will definitely be praying. All total in the last 2 years we have had our home on the market for 365 days and not one person was even remotely interested in it. It was so hard to get all 7 kids out of the home and put the dog in her bed and make sure it was all ready to leave. The open houses were the worst. Hoping they will be the ones. And I hope I can post this some day too.
Lisa: Prayers coming your way -- we've been told that things are picking up. Hope they do where you are too!

Praying for you Mariann! This was such a great thing to see tonight! :)

(Lisa, I'll say a prayer for your house to sell as well!)

:grouphug: and prayers.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I did it for three years. I would turn into a flaming lunatic when we had to show it. It was hell. (((hugs))) Praying!

Praying you have a buyer for your house and you have easy sale and closing!

THANK YOU ALL for your kind thoughts, words and prayers. I have updated in my post that started this thread - still no news tonight except that their agent tells our agent that they are still very interested and still discussing things with a plan to make a decision. On the even brighter side, we had a showing today and we have someone else coming on Thursday. Everyone we speak to says things are picking up.

Praying for you. I was thinking about you today when I was finishing the last of my painting. Next week we will finish our staging and begin the frightful for sale journey with our three kids and two dogs. Yuk!

Has all this activity come with a new realtor? By the way your living room looks warm and inviting - nice job!

Hope you get news of an excellent offer tomorrow.

Praying for you. I was thinking about you today when I was finishing the last of my painting. Next week we will finish our staging and begin the frightful for sale journey with our three kids and two dogs. Yuk!

Has all this activity come with a new realtor? By the way your living room looks warm and inviting - nice job!

Hope you get news of an excellent offer tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers that your buyer comes quickly! :grouphug:

All this activity is actually with our original realtor. We had a heart to heart with him on Friday - I really like him, I think that the 'state' of the market has alot to do with the lack of activity. Dh and I did ask him, however, if whenever it was possible, he would accompany ALL showings -- you know, most agents walk in with their client and they haven't pre-viewed your home. They say nothing to the buyer during the entire walk through and are ill-prepared to answer any of the buyer's questions.

If the buyer leaves and is not totally smitten with your property, chances are, the opportunity has been lost. That is what I harped on to our agent on Friday. He DID accompany Saturday's showing and so far, that has been our most positive one.

If nothing else, the kids and I have become totally skilled at keeping the house spotless and 'showing' ready......we are also 100X more neurotic than we ever were. :glare:

I so miss the OC boardwalk - I would run it in the dead of winter and I loved it.

Yeah, the summer is the challenge. Hence, why I'm up now, and getting ready to get out there before I ruin vacations by simply being there moving... On the exact board and nail on which they must ride their bikes. Immediately. Against the flow of traffic. :tongue_smilie: Gotta survive those miles in one piece so I can finish up barefoot on the sand (nothing beats Wildwood for enough hardpack at anything but high tide!).

for my own decorating scheme. I love the colors and the word signs:) I need to get out and browse in the stores but I don't recall seeing similar items. Maybe the interior decorating style has changed since I last looked. The last time I looked, the decor stuff was mostly abstract art and fall colors. Anyway, I'm sure your house would have been snapped up quickly if the housing market was normal.