Menu

Look what I did today!

I bought the gutters and asked the store to cut them for me. I even put them up myself with some help from both DS and DD (at different times) holding it up while I put the first screw in and then leveled it for the second screw. It's in the hallway between the living room and the dining/school room.

The bottom two are all of the picture books we own. The top shelf will be reserved for picture books from the library. This cleared out a shelf in the school room for the older kids' curricula and literature that I can't put away for lack of space.

DS4 was immediately drawn to the bottom row when it was first put up. It's holding a few dozen Little Golden Books we were given. He found all the duplicates that I haven't had time to locate and wants to give them to his best friend. Unfortunately, they have to pull a chair over to reach the books in the top gutter.

Now I have to decide if I want to put one more at the top for the older kids' library books (like a history/science reading basket) or put a timeline up there. Can I even fit a time line up there? WWYD?

I'm pretty please to have them up finally. I've been wanting to do it for months. I have three 2.5 foot pieces left that I may put up elsewhere.

This is so beautiful! I am now wondering if I could incorporate this into my home! Another project... hmmmmm to thank you or NOT TO THANK YOU.

BTW... wouldn't these be great up along the top bunk of a bunk bed! Maybe bottom to, but the top.... never anywhere to set things!

This is so beautiful! I am now wondering if I could incorporate this into my home! Another project... hmmmmm to thank you or NOT TO THANK YOU.

BTW... wouldn't these be great up along the top bunk of a bunk bed! Maybe bottom to, but the top.... never anywhere to set things!

I'd put some above DS9's loft bed but he already has a shelf up there, which probably works better for his stuff anyway. His shelf is covered with an alarm clock, a picture of himself as The Doctor, a rock, and a few books. Some of those things wouldn't work as well in a gutter.

well, Mrs. Crafty-sassypants, I think that is a FABULOUS idea! How did you ever think of this idea?

It's been mentioned on this board a few times. It's where I get all of my great ideas and answers 'cause ya'll know everything.