Menu

Humbly asking for WTM prayers

Wow.

Everyone.

Thank you, really. I am so -

Just wow.

Things look brighter today. Well, the reality is that we're where we were two weeks ago - just for a brief moment we had hope, and when that rug got pulled out from under us, it stung.

Thanks for the encouragement! I can't tell you how much it means. . . .

"Though He slay me, yet I will trust in Him."

:grouphug: Heather. Totally understand.

My dh was laid off 3 days after we returned from our honeymoon! :glare:

We've been married 8 months now...and although he is working in construction to keep us afloat, he REALLY needs to get back into his field (civil engineering). This morning he applied on line for a job that he is WELL qualified for. A pit in my stomach as I hope and pray he at least gets an interview.

What has your dh been doing work wise for 2 years?

Y'all!!!

Wow. You guys rock.

Quick update: yesterday, dh talked with the man he interviewed with. He was very helpful and encouraging, complimented dh on his presentation and skills, just the committee that was hiring (oh, I LUV committees, don't you?) decided they wanted a candidate with more experience with college students.

My dh is a band/orchestra director by training. In the past 4 years, he has: worked as a manager for a healthcare company; then lived off severance for 3 months; then 40+hours as a stock clerk at Hobby Lobby; then quit that, to try to start our own business (consulting for local schools on music education); with the summer, it's been lean lean lean. He had one saxophone student and one (college) flute student last year. He's now working for a carpet cleaner friend of ours. He's been applying for jobs left and right - in both management/administration and education.

Just this week, he's been called by a local high school to help with their band camp during the next 4 weeks. Also, he's got another friend who's starting a home health care business, and he may start to work part-part-part time for them.

All good things, but right now it's a bandage on a cut jugular vein, you know?

I'm cleaning our church nursery this summer, just to make enough $$ to have groceries to eat. Plus, we get gigs once in a blue moon (we're both musicians - he's better than I am, way better, but I play the more rare instrument so I'm more in demand) I also teach homeschool science classes (4 this coming year) and piano lessons.

As long as I don't think about it too much, I'm ok.

Thank you - thank you ALL - for listening and praying. I may just decide to take this morning's phone call (band camp) as a direct, HiveMind intervention.

:grouphug: