• I am pro-choice and oppose circumcision
    • I am pro-choice and do not oppose circumcision
    • Other

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt there is a correlation - at least not a strong one... I could see many ways in which you could approach those two topics and have different opinions about them.

Also, I can also assume this thread will go awry...

So should we just start with the recipes and/or kilt pictures now or do we have to wait until it falls apart first?
I vote to hijack.

Ingredients

2/3 cup lard

2/3 cup butter

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, lard and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together. Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom is light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

Frost with your favourite icing.

They're Delish.

I bet there is a correlation. There certainly is in my life. Most people I know who are adamant that boys ought to be circumcised are also pro-life. Most people I know who think it's a bad thing are pro-choice.

I, personally, am pro-life and anti-circ. Leave little boys alone. Keep them the they way God made them (since He doesn't make mistakes) and a fetus is a human life. :) I am fine though with circ though for religious reasons.

Ingredients

2/3 cup lard

2/3 cup butter

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, lard and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until dough comes together. Roll dough into walnut sized balls. Place them on an unprepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottom is light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

Frost with your favourite icing.

They're Delish.

Lard. Now there's a topic! What exactly do you use for lard?

So should we just start with the recipes and/or kilt pictures now or do we have to wait until it falls apart first?

I think a thread like this is saying, " I have no idea what to cook for dinner but I refuse to start another 'what's for dinner?' thread."

Lard. Now there's a topic! What exactly do you use for lard?

When I was little, my dad always used to quote this poem:

Help! Murder! Police! [say this "pleece"]

My wife fell in the grease!

I laughed so hard,

I fell in the lard!

Help! Murder! Police!

I bet there is a correlation. There certainly is in my life. Most people I know who are adamant that boys ought to be circumcised are also pro-life. Most people I know who think it's a bad thing are pro-choice.

I, personally, am pro-life and anti-circ. Leave little boys alone. Keep them the they way God made them (since He doesn't make mistakes) and a fetus is a human life. :) I am fine though with circ though for religious reasons.

I imagine this is the correlation that most people would assume although I am pro life and anti circ.

I am also pro-men in kilts, pro-chocolate and anti diet :001_smile:

I need a good chicken recipe. Something new but easy. Any takers?

You've probably already done this with chicken: bake with salsa on the pieces, then add cheese the last 10-15 minutes.

I like to saute cut up smallish pieces of chicken in olive oil, add soy sauce when cooked through, add sesame seeds and ginger matchsticks. Maybe add the ginger sticks early in the process.;)

When I was little, my dad always used to quote this poem:

Help! Murder! Police! [say this "pleece"]

My wife fell in the grease!

I laughed so hard,

I fell in the lard!

Help! Murder! Police!

:lol: That's too cute! :lol: I'll be sure to tell my dd that one!

But seriously, are we talking bacon grease here, or shortening or butter? Or do you folks have a product in the States actually called Lard?

I need a good chicken recipe. Something new but easy. Any takers?

If you look on the back of a can of french fried onions, it has a great chicken recipe and we are onion haters lol. Very easy too in my opinion my son who is 12 and has autism can do this almost by his self. I have also looked into the marinates you can buy already made by the salad dressing. We are trying the garlic one with chicken and parmy potatoes in a few days.

You've probably already done this with chicken: bake with salsa on the pieces, then add cheese the last 10-15 minutes.

I like to saute cut up smallish pieces of chicken in olive oil, add soy sauce when cooked through, add sesame seeds and ginger matchsticks. Maybe add the ginger sticks early in the process.;)

I've done it with salsa and then added corn, but never with the other goodies you mentioned... I'll have to try that! Thank you! Do you think it would work well in a... oh boy... a crockpot?

Why can't these questions be asked? While I don't get involved in the debates on the board (usually :lol:), I do find the differing opinions to be fascinating (even if some temporarily make my blood boil :001_smile:).

I don't understand the harsh response to OP asking the question.

:lol: That's too cute! :lol: I'll be sure to tell my dd that one!

But seriously, are we talking bacon grease here, or shortening or butter? Or do you folks have a product in the States actually called Lard?

Hey. I'm Canadian thankyouverymuch. I think it sells under the brand name tenderflake. Lard is rendered animal fat. Think shortening but with animal fat instead of oil.

Dr Oz had a recipe that was skinless boneless chicken thighs roasted with a mustard and caper coating. It's really good, but I can't find it. Beer can chicken with an herb crust makes me happy too.

mmmm herb crust..... like Rosemary and thyme? mmmmm....

If you look on the back of a can of french fried onions, it has a great chicken recipe and we are onion haters lol. Very easy too in my opinion my son who is 12 and has autism can do this almost by his self. I have also looked into the marinates you can buy already made by the salad dressing. We are trying the garlic one with chicken and parmy potatoes in a few days.

OK HOLD THE PHONE. You guys have cans of french fried onions? I don't think I've ever seen those here. We have bags of dried onion strings in the Punjabi section of the store... but cans? That is interesting!

I imagine this is the correlation that most people would assume although I am pro life and anti circ.

I am also pro-men in kilts, pro-chocolate and anti diet :001_smile:

No see, if I'm going to be honest, I just do not get the kilt thing at all. I much prefer a pair of cargo shorts on a guy over a skirt-by-another-name :001_smile:.

I do love chocolate, though....

OK HOLD THE PHONE. You guys have cans of french fried onions? I don't think I've ever seen those here. We have bags of dried onion strings in the Punjabi section of the store... but cans? That is interesting!

The onions. Good on top of green bean casserole.

And my mother buys lard (packaged like butter) to use when making pies.

Why can't these questions be asked? While I don't get involved in the debates on the board (usually :lol:), I do find the differing opinions to be fascinating (even if some temporarily make my blood boil :001_smile:).

I don't understand the harsh response to OP asking the question.

I think it's just lots of stirring. Lots and lots of stirring. Some stirring is okay sometimes. But if you overstir muffins, they flop, ya know?

Hey. I'm Canadian thankyouverymuch. I think it sells under the brand name tenderflake. Lard is rendered animal fat. Think shortening but with animal fat instead of oil.

OH Carpe I'm sorry! *high five and a Timbit at ya!* OK lard = tenderflake. Got it. Like white wax that melts on impact. That stuff is weird though! :tongue_smilie:

mmmm herb crust..... like Rosemary and thyme? mmmmm....

Yes we do so sorry didn't realize you were in Canada so I guess you don't. They are in the canned veggie aisle at the stores here.

Lard is rendered swine-fat. Totally goyish :D

Rendered bovine-fat is called "tallow."

Bill

That is technically true, but if my gram's recipe for homemade lard uses beef, pork and chicken fat, I'm going to go with family tradition on this one.

Way too much stirring for me today.

Seriously though, I take chicken thighs that I buy on sale for cheap, pull the skin off, and then season with Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Have DH grill them and they are soo good.

Another one I've done lately is marinating the skinless chicken thighs in a mix of half Italian dressing and half soy sauce before grilling. It's another amazing summer recipe.

Anyone not make Schmaltz?

Bill

*shudder*

I just can't get past the look of the stuff. It's OK for frying... but as a spread... *blech*