Menu

Prayer Request

I am a part-time teacher at a private Classical Christian school where I teach art to elementary and secondary students. This morning we were informed in a special meeting that one of our students had passed away yesterday evening. The student was a fifth grade girl and one of my favorite art students. She was beautiful, so full of life and love, and she had a great way of expressing beauty in her art work as well as in dancing. Just yesterday she was at school participating in field day and enjoying herself immensely. Today she is gone.

I know that the family is absolutely stricken and needs our prayers. There is an investigation going on because the girl's sudden death is very mysterious, and at this point it is considered a homicide. Our faculty and school is going through a tremendous amount of shock and grief over this today too, and so I thought I'd ask for your prayers for us as well. The mother of the student was hospitalized for self inflicted wounds last night, but we know no other details. We can't say anything beyond this.

Thank you for remembering the family in this situation, as well as our school. We are all just devastated.

Blessings,

Lucinda

More news reports are coming out, revealing a bit more detail. The more they report, the worse it sounds. Our school is just reeling from it all. It is the most tragic event in the history of our little school's existence.

Blessings,

Lucinda

More news reports are coming out, revealing a bit more detail. The more they report, the worse it sounds. Our school is just reeling from it all. It is the most tragic event in the history of our little school's existence.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I am so sorry :grouphug:.

This is so sad. Are they suspecting her mother? :(

The investigation is in progress and no one has been named as a suspect. The focus is on the family, but whatever the news reports are saying, we have to remember that we just don't know all the details. I have to be very careful about how much and what I share online too.

The main reason I'm posting is to ask for pray for the family and all of their many friends. We are holding special gatherings through classes and groups within the school and are getting a lot of grief counseling, etc. Yet the teachers, staff and students greatly need ongoing prayer.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Blessings,

Lucinda

The investigation is in progress and no one has been named as a suspect. The focus is on the family, but whatever the news reports are saying, we have to remember that we just don't know all the details. I have to be very careful about how much and what I share online too.

The main reason I'm posting is to ask for pray for the family and all of their many friends. We are holding special gatherings through classes and groups within the school and are getting a lot of grief counseling, etc. Yet the teachers, staff and students greatly need ongoing prayer.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Lucinda, I have such a sick, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about this. I can only imagine. May He be with you all in a very real way. :grouphug:

Many of us from the school will be attending and I know it will be very moving. The family is very devout Greek Orthodox, so it will also be a wonderful learning experience. Please continue to pray for the family through these very difficult days. There have been no updates to the case in the last two days, but we have our thoughts on helping the students process grief as well as dealing with our own as we lay our precious friend to rest.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Blessings,

Lucinda

There was standing room only at the funeral yesterday. It was a beautiful service and the number of people from our school was amazing. There were also Girl Scouts and dance troupe members attending, along with other friends, parents and church family. So many people loved the precious treasure that has been lost. And we all have such heavy hearts today as we ponder over what has happened.

Please continue to pray for the family of our student. They were a very loving family, so it makes it so much harder to wrap our brains around it. I think it is all right to say now that she was an only child and that her mother suffers from mental illness. Her father is left now with a horribly broken heart, but he does have a strong faith and a loving support network to help him heal and go on.

As the priest said in the eulogy yesterday, "We don't know what happened exactly, but something went wrong, went very wrong and mental illness was involved." As you pray for this family, please do pray with compassion for the mother. I know that her husband would appreciate that greatly.

Thank you again for your wonderful prayer support.

Blessings,

Lucinda