Menu

Obama releases birth *video* :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a clip where President Obama specifically addresses Donald Trump. Pretty funny.

Though funny, I think it was kind of inappropriate to be honest. :001_huh: I may be the only one. I think President Obama could have handled it with more class (regarding this clip).

Though funny, I think it was kind of inappropriate to be honest. :001_huh: I may be the only one. I think President Obama could have handled it with more class (regarding this clip).

I'm sorry that I offended you.

For me, I was fine with it because of the setting. The White House correspondents dinner is pretty much a roast situation.

Ya think?

Actually, I think this clip by itself was on the edge...but it was funny.

The whole speech was unpresidential and unstatesmanlike.

I was disappointed in him.

His delivery was perfect. LOL! (I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's nice to have such a handsome man in the White House. :D)

I know this will totally ruin all intellectual credibility I may have (giggle), but :iagree:.

The one I saw was about 18 minutes, is that the one you watched?

I just found it.

:)

This thread is *feeling* like it's taking a partisan turn with some feeling offended, so as the OP, maybe I should share that I did not vote for Obama. And yet...he's FUNNY!!! :) It's okay to laugh. :) In fact, watch the long version...he makes fun of himself and Joe Biden too.

I remember Bush having the same type humor in these situations. I laughed then too. :)

Polly, we are in the same boat.

I am entertaining myself by watching footage of previous dinners and they are great. CSPAN has them on their youtube channel.

:lol: We've been doing the same thing.

Oh...and I agree that he's handsome. :)

For me, I was fine with it because of the setting. The White House correspondents dinner is pretty much a roast situation.

Exactly. That's what these things are for, really--a roast. To be funny. To let their hair down a bit.

I do appreaciate a person with a sense of humor.
:iagree: I think it's nice to have something like this where they don't HAVE to be "stuffy" or "dignified", but enjoy themselves and laugh! :001_smile:

I'm sorry that I offended you.

:grouphug: No not offended. Just though he could have been a bit more tasteful in his approach. Kind of played with a low blow.

I am not familiar with the correspondents dinner though, so I am not sure of the "vibe" normally. :)

I LOVE joking too. I just am not sure that jesting about Trumps credentials was a good route for President Obama to take.

Ya think?

Actually, I think this clip by itself was on the edge...but it was funny.

The whole speech was unpresidential and unstatesmanlike.

I was disappointed in him.

I guess I was disappointed in him too. And surprised. He normally seems like such a gentleman to me.

I don't know...just rubbed me wrong. :001_huh:

I just found it.

:)

This thread is *feeling* like it's taking a partisan turn with some feeling offended, so as the OP, maybe I should share that I did not vote for Obama. And yet...he's FUNNY!!! :) It's okay to laugh. :) In fact, watch the long version...he makes fun of himself and Joe Biden too.

I remember Bush having the same type humor in these situations. I laughed then too. :)

I belong to no political party. :D

And he was funny. Just inappropriate considering his position in my opinion.

I am a dance instructor. I could tell you some funny jokes about some students ability (or lack there of), but considering my position....it wouldn't be appropriate.

Kind of how I feel about him jesting about Trump.

Exactly. It's all about the humor in this venue. And, with that in mind, I found it quite funny. :001_smile:

(((Angelbee))) Did you watch the Bush one? This is the nature of the White House Correspondent's Dinner. If you go to YouTube and pull up others, they are ALL of this nature. Just meant for laughs :)

No. I will though.

I am not familiar with the event, so that may be my issue. :)

I am assuming Trump knew the tone of the event, so I am sure it was all in fun to him.

I am over tired....so maybe over sensitive tonight! :D

His delivery was perfect. LOL! (I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's nice to have such a handsome man in the White House. :D)

Well, I don't think he's that good-looking -- okay, but not above average.

However, I do think it's nice to have such an intelligent and witty man in the White House. It's been a loooooooong time since the last one.