Menu

What do you use to wash your hardwood floor?

Just a bit of water every few months. You really shouldn't have to wash them that often-and defiantly not steam. That will eventually take the finish right off.

I dust mop/vacuum with parquet head almost every day. Even though we don't wash it, our socks are still white. :-)

Anything with oil-including Murphy's Oil Soap will eventually darken the floors. And you should never use that on your antiques, either.

Bona. I bought a big jug of it at Costco for an amazing price and it will last me for years. I sweep every day (just about every meal!), spot clean with Bona as needed, and probably go over the whole floor with Bona and a microfiber mop once a month or so.

I have a large dog who is in and out of the house so my dark wood floors get filthy. I use a regular mop and a half bucket of water with about a 1/4 cup of Mr. Clean Febreze Multi Surface Cleaner (the Lavender scent is wonderful). To really shine them up I'll use a flat mop with Bruce Hardwood Floor Cleaner Spray.

Thanks everyone! I've never heard of Bona but I am now on a quest to find some :)

With one big dog and two little boys, my floors are already looking ready for a good cleaning. I sweep or vacuum every day or so, but there are little footprints etc. that don't come off :)