Menu

30 day song challenge -day 5: A song that reminds you of someone

Good morning everyone. It has been fun reading everyone's song choices. Today's category is a song that reminds you of someone. This song reminds me of my first love. The relationship was a total disaster and the best thing it ever did for me was drive me to see a psychologist but I still think of him at times.

The song is "Love Song" by The Cure.

Anything by the Beatles reminds me of my dad. :)

When I was younger, my dad and I would always play the game "Who sings that?" in the car -- you know, a song starts and you try to name the singer/band first. Well, we'd listen to the "older" rock station a lot and I would always yell out, "The Beatles," because it seemed like they sang everything! LOL :tongue_smilie: When I was 11 or 12 he gave me his cassette tape of Abbey Road and I listened to that over and over and over. I love that album.

Reminds of 8th grade at my Catholic school. Through 8 grades there was one and only one dance, and this was it. It was classic - boys huddled on one side of the gym, girls on the other, until the nuns (yes, the nuns) starting grabbing arms and matching us up. John Fitzsimons (I remember his name 35 years later, although I never saw him again after that year) and I were shoved together just as Stairway to Heaven started. A slow song. An excruciatingly long song - and they played the long version.

Hearing it still makes me smile.

A Little Bit of Mambo by Lou Bega reminds me of a good friend of my sister's -- a true tough guy who was a ladies man. He was a regular part of our family & a true friend. Sadly, he passed away much too young (from pneumonia) in 1999. Rip, Corey. (Fwiw, he probably would have hated this song. :lol: But, the sharp dressing/vintage style + the long list of ladies just makes me picture him every time I hear it. Lou Bega reminds me a bit of him, in looks & style.)

Hotel California - The Eagles

This song reminds me of my father. My parents divorced when I was 4. I remember Sunday visits with my dad, riding in the car with him and this song playing on the radio. It seems like it was playing every time we rode in the car together.

Goodness, so many songs remind me of *somebody*. LOL. Here are a few:

"Straight Up" by Paula Abdul reminds me of an ex boyfriend in high school. I still remember driving to his house blaring this song and singing at the top of my lungs, all the while wondering WHY I was still with this punk!

"The Kind of Love You Never Recover From" by Christine Lavin reminds me of when I fell in love with my dh but also reminds me of the guy I dated before him. :glare: HE was the guy I thought I'd never get over, but did b/c of dh!

"Save the Last Dance For Me" by the Drifters and "Rocket Man" by Elton John remind me of dh b/c he put them on a cassette "mix" and gave it to me when I left for a semester abroad in Spain my senior year of college. He proposed to me in Paris that Thanksgiving. :D

"Fly to the Angels" by Slaughter always reminds me of my friend Stephanie. She was killed in a car accident in '98. A man with Alzheimers entered the Interstate Highway going the wrong direction and hit her head on. I had just talked with her on the phone a few hours before she died (we were making plans to get together) and I wish I had known it would be the last time I would ever talk to her. Sad, just sad.

These are all for the same person, and all relevant at some point. (I know the title says A song, but I can't help myself!)

Picture by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

Follow Me by Uncle Kracker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQls53Piuj0&feature=related

Winner at a Losing Game by Rascal Flatts

I miss My Friend by Darryl Worley

What Hurts the Most by (well, redone by) Cascada

And the most recent fit is...

Hit My Heart by Benassi Bros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4CzXAHBCMY

I could probably go on all day. This has been the theme of my life for the last 10 years. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oxlFh4wbAI&feature=related

I'll Be Seeing You.

My father was an outdoor type, and loved to look at the moon, and the sunset. He was such a sunny person and he took pleasure in "the little things". Every time the weather is nice or the storm clouds are beautiful, I think: oh how much he would have enjoyed this sight.

"I'll be seeing you in every lovely summer's day, in everything that's bright and gay, I'll always think of you that way. I'll find you in the morning sun, and when the night is new -- I'll be looking at the moon, but I'll be seeing you."

You Are My Sunshine - my grandmother loved this song & we sang it at her funeral. This grandma died several years ago; not the one who died last summer. I sing it to my kids. Once when my sister was visiting and my girls were little, she sang the first verse to the girls. Emma looked up at her and asked, "what about the other night, dear?" :lol: She wanted to hear the next part.

The Eagles Greatest Hits (the first one) - one of my college roommates and I used to sit on the porch at our house and sing along. We had fun; not sure if the neighbors did. :D

Love Song by Tesla - my best friend from college.

Sorry - I have no idea how to link things from my iPad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oxlFh4wbAI&feature=related

I'll Be Seeing You.

My father was an outdoor type, and loved to look at the moon, and the sunset. He was such a sunny person and he took pleasure in "the little things". Every time the weather is nice or the storm clouds are beautiful, I think: oh how much he would have enjoyed this sight.

"I'll be seeing you in every lovely summer's day, in everything that's bright and gay, I'll always think of you that way. I'll find you in the morning sun, and when the night is new -- I'll be looking at the moon, but I'll be seeing you."

:grouphug: Your dad sounds wonderful.