Menu

Sweet dh story

dh and I were running errands, chatting it up together in the car. At one point he said, "I think everything you say is interesting. I am never bored by your thoughts or ideas. I never hear 'blah blah blah' when we're talking."

That made me stop talking. lol How cute is he? We've been together for over 25 years, so this is saying something.

That is very sweet.

It's nice that he said it and didn't just think it, y'know?

That's true. A couple of weeks ago when he came in from shoveling, he looked all sweaty and cute when he took off his winter gear. I said, "You look so adorable." He gave me a surprised look and said, "Really?" He said it in a way that made me think I hadn't said it in a long time, and that made me feel a little sad.

I made a mental note to tell him what I am thinking in that way more often. He's getting gray, and he's asked me recently if I mind, and I do not at all. I like it. I never thought of him as someone needing reassurance about his looks...he's very casual and guy-like in that way. But it's put me on notice to make sure I let him know I still think he's a cute guy.

Funny what happens when you've been together forever. Nobody wants to be taken for granted.

Edited by LibraryLover

My dh and I were running errands today, chatting it up together in the car. At one point he said, "I think everything you say is interesting. I am never bored by your thoughts or ideas. I never hear 'blah blah blah' when we're talking."

That made me stop talking. lol How cute is he? We've been together for over 25 years, so this is saying something.

Anyway, that's it.

That's true. A couple of weeks ago when he came in from shoveling, he looked all sweaty and cute when he took off his winter gear. I said, "You look so adorable." He gave me a surprised look and said, "Really?" He said it in a way that made me think I hadn't said it in a long time, and that made me feel a little sad.

I made a mental note to tell him what I am thinking in that way more often. He's getting gray, and he's asked me recently if I mind, and I do not at all. I like it. I never thought of him as someone needing reassurance about his looks...he's very casual and guy-like in that way. But it's put me on notice to make sure I let him know I still think he's a cute guy.

Funny what happens when you've been together forever. Nobody wants to be taken for granted.

Both of these are wonderful posts :)

My dh and I were running errands today, chatting it up together in the car. At one point he said, "I think everything you say is interesting. I am never bored by your thoughts or ideas. I never hear 'blah blah blah' when we're talking."

Definitely a keeper.

Anyway, that's it.

Wonderful!

Anyway, that's it.

How wonderful! You've got yourself a good one, there. :D