Menu

Who's getting ipad2?

I have ipad1 and I dont use it enough....I am using it as an ebook reader and for that I am thankful but the rest....I just don't use it. I have a new imac too, which I do use :)

The other thing my ipad IS good for is travel-its a great lightweight mini computer for staying in touch when travelling. I am not selling it but I did consider it.

I still havent heard anything about the ipad2 which is making me wish I had it instead of my ipad1, but I havent done much research- it might only make me envious :)

Is there any validity to this? I am just curious because I have read that this is an unfounded rumor and want to figure it out. Apple doesn't usually come out with something new 6 months after the last unveil.

I want an ipad.

Dawn

We were, but DH has heard that the iPad3 is coming out in the fall and we are waiting for it.

We were, but DH has heard that the iPad3 is coming out in the fall and we are waiting for it.
I'm curious if this has any backing as well. That said, I told dh that it's impossible to keep up with technology. We just got an iPad 1 and will be buying an iPad 2 on Friday (we were already planning on having two, and planned the purchases purposely). I am very excited!

Is there any validity to this? I am just curious because I have read that this is an unfounded rumor and want to figure it out. Apple doesn't usually come out with something new 6 months after the last unveil.

I want an ipad.

Dawn

Highly unlikely IMO.

Bill

I hopefully will be! I got an iPad for Christmas - DH uses it all of the time & mentioned that he might take mine and get me the 2 when it comes out. Oh, happy day!

Haha, same situation in reverse here. My husband got an iPad last summer and I use it ALL the time -- Kindle app, email, WTM boards :D ... oh, and my son uses it for one of his online classes. We use it for GPS while on the road (we got the cellular plan). etc. etc. ...

So we were thinking of getting (in a while) an iPad 2 with just WiFi; that would be for home and the older iPad with 3G for on the road, while waiting at math contests, etc. SO handy. We *never* take the laptop anywhere, but I love being able to do some business, reply to emails, etc. while waiting in the car for some activity to finish.

Anyway with two iPads my husband would get to use "his" more :001_smile:

~Laura

My DH is debating where to line up to get his. And when. Which means even though it's not being released till something like 5 p.m., he's considering sitting in line all day long.

He does this for iPhones, too.

I'm happy. This means I get his Kindle :)

Honestly i don't think we will see ipad3 until next year. I think Apple will use the next 6 months to monitor the success of ipad2 and how it stacks up against the new android tablets which are being released now and in the near future.

I've been waiting for ipad2 for over 6 months now and just can't wait. We do have to wait a little bit longer than you do but we should be able to sign up for pre-release soon.

Ordering online Friday at 12:01 am or whenever it's available online. Ordering online so that I can get the free engraving.

I don't think there will be an iPad3 this year... mainly due to the fact that the keynote speech was titled something to the effect of... "2011, the Year of the iPad2." I would imagine that they will be on the same sort of yearly cycle that the iPhone is.

I'll use the new one - I use the current one ALL THE TIME. Love it. The new one is a great step in the product. Cameras, speed, gyro, mirroring, etc. Cannot wait.