Menu

just venting

I'm at the boiling over point with homeschool companies who love to show perfectly groomed children, happily perfectly sitting on mom's lap at the perfectly decorated table and house..... for the home page of their website or catalog covers...

I want to see the bloopers and outakes!

boy picking his nose instead of obediently standing at attention!

mom getting grossed out because toddler's diaper leaked on her.

Dust or at least one dirty dish on the table!

then, when you try to be humorous about it on their forum, it gets deleted :glare:

vent vent vent

I just want truth in advertising. I'm tired of perfect photos!

at least there is Tim Hawkins's video. :)

-crystal

When/if I launch my own homeschooling website, I will include pics of my son in his stained Tshirt and his underwear, my dd in her ripped up jeans, and my other dd in her pajamas. They will all have greasy tangled hair and dirty faces. My oldest dd will be in the background with crossed arms and a pouty sour look on her face.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm at the boiling over point with homeschool companies who love to show perfectly groomed children, happily perfectly sitting on mom's lap at the perfectly decorated table and house..... for the home page of their website or catalog covers...

or how about.....happily perfectly sitting on dad's lap doing schoolwork...:lol:

You mean your homeschool days don't look like this:

[removed photo]

Isn't that such a calm, lovely scene? Now if this were my family, the boy with the pencil would be trying to flip the pencil in such a way as to hit the other boy in the head, the boy standing behind the mother would be making all kinds of strange noises, the girl would not be listening to the story but begging for something to eat, and the father would be asking when the kids would be finished because he needs the boys to help him with a chore outside. :glare: Some days I wonder why I bother getting out of bed. :lol:

What is sad is that I loved paintings like this. I really thought my days would be like that.

Edited by Cricket

And they're all dressed too, you know - in CLOTHES?! :001_huh:

And depictions of high-school aged homeschoolers always show them peering intently into a microscope or in the back yard building a rudimentary nuclear reactor.

I never see pictures of the sullen boy, slouched on the sofa in grimy socks, grumbling that solid geometry is impossible because he can't draw in three dimensions and the subjunctive mood doesn't make any sense and, anyway, why are we supposed to think Odysseus is so noble when he hung out with that goddess for an entire decade?

My perfect homeschool schedule would include a daily box for

• Did you brush your teeth?
    Did you eat breakfast?
    Did you change your shirt?
    Did you change your underwear?
    Would you like to comb your hair?
    Allow three minutes for whining and weeping.
    Allow student(s) three minutes for whining and weeping.
    Remind child to not chew at their fingernails.
    Remind child to not spin in the chair.
    Gently guide child in the way to correct the dog who is eating wrappers from the trash.
    Remind child that lunch break should include you having lunch.

There would a bonus chart for each time you tell your child "No" or "Get back to work".

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! LOL Crystal! You're mad 'cause the thread got pulled too I'll bet. I agree! (annaz)

Not mad. me? what makes you think that? wink wink...

I'm bitter. there's a difference. wink wink.

mostly the moderator over there told me to stop being so mean to myself when I say that I'm a loser and that all of my comments were hurting the mom in the picture.

of course I have my revenge. their website is down and has been for at least 1.5 hours. LOL LOL LOL

back to just being a spiteful little *****

-crystal

Edited by cbollin

Not mad. me? what makes you think that? wink wink...

I'm bitter. there's a difference. wink wink.

mostly the moderator over there told me to stop being so mean to myself when I say that I'm a loser and that all of my comments were hurting the mom in the picture. Then, she said it was deleted in error when she meant to just delete my comments that she said were not helpful or positive.

and now... one of their part time employees has sent me a pm over here telling me to hush... so I have my flame suit on.

of course I have my revenge. their website is down and has been for at least 1.5 hours. LOL LOL LOL

back to just being a spiteful little

No way, were you really pm'ed? They're down, probably 'cause they're changing the pic! LOL! Wouldn't THAT be funny? Maybe they'll find some cheesy pic of your family you posted somewhere! :tongue_smilie: (just kidding....really).

No way, were you really pm'ed? They're down, probably 'cause they're changing the pic! LOL! Wouldn't THAT be funny? Maybe they'll find some cheesy pic of your family you posted somewhere! :tongue_smilie: (just kidding....really).

it was weird. the lady who pm'ed said something about she hopes the thread over here doesn't take a nasty turn (hence I have my flame suit on). She sent a quick note making it clear it was giving me hugs for not feeling happy today. awww... that was so sweet! and I guess she's not really a part time person, but has helped at convention? I still think of her as being in their office because she answered the phone once? maybe I have her mixed up with someone else.

btw, although I'm enjoying the fun about the pictures....

I did call one of their "big guys" (whose cell number I have) to tell them about the web site being down.

see? I love them very much that I'd interrupt one of them at home about the website. I love them

just venting about all of the pictures from all of these companies! not just them. it's all of them! not one in specific!

-crystal

it was weird. the lady who pm'ed said something about she hopes the thread over here doesn't take a nasty turn (hence I have my flame suit on). She sent a quick note making it clear it was giving me hugs for not feeling happy today. awww... that was so sweet! and I guess she's not really a part time person, but has helped at convention? I still think of her as being in their office because she answered the phone once? maybe I have her mixed up with someone else.

btw, although I'm enjoying the fun about the pictures....

I did call one of their "big guys" (whose cell number I have) to tell them about the web site being down.

see? I love them very much that I'd interrupt one of them at home about the website. I love them

just venting about all of the pictures from all of these companies! not just them. it's all of them! not one in specific!

-crystal

I know you love them. That's why I thought the thread was such a hoot! But I have to agree with company's pics. :lol:

I totally agree! Perhaps the pictures are just trying to send the message, "If you buy our product, your family/kids will be like this."

Our family could do an excellent utilities commercial...every electronic in the house is on, video games running, mp3 player playing in the kitchen with the toddler playing with water near the electrical outlets...

:lol: Uh...yeah. That would be my kids. I was going to post some cute pictures of the artwork my kiddos were doing....then realized they were in their t-shirts and undies. I doubt THAT would make the cover of any hs magazine. ;)

:lol: My dd just told me the other day that I should do homeschool workshops. I was in my pjs and big sweater, on the couch with ds who was wearing jeans, t shirt and bathrobe. Isn't that how it's done?

It's http://www.soulemama.com who leaves me feeling inadequate. I have to be in a strong and confident mood to go there.

Oh, thank you very much !!! :smash::p Of course I had to click on the link to check it out. Argh!!!! :boxing_smiley: Where do these people come from ? Who has a toddler that quietly sleeps on their lap while they knit? Huh? Huh? And children that line up all their boots?

She has the nerve to post a picture of her lovely kitchen and then ask "What's going on in your kitchen?" I should take a picture and send it to her. That'll teach her. I've been making Borscht. 'Nuff said. :D

Oh, thank you very much !!! :smash::p Of course I had to click on the link to check it out. Argh!!!! :boxing_smiley: Where do these people come from ? Who has a toddler that quietly sleeps on their lap while they knit? Huh? Huh? And children that line up all their boots?

She has the nerve to post a picture of her lovely kitchen and then ask "What's going on in your kitchen?" I should take a picture and send it to her. That'll teach her. I've been making Borscht. 'Nuff said. :D

:lol: Borscht! We just roast beets and the entire kitchen is in a terrible shape. I can only imagine.

LOL Except I love that entry way with all sorts of messy boots. You know there are puddles under that rug. It looks real, but in a perfect way. She makes all those cute outfits, all those wonderful hats & sweaters they wear. When I got her book from the library, I read it there. I could not bear to bring it into my home. :D

ok..... I'll venture to the link....

I"m more brave and a tiny bit more confident today....

ok... the before picture of the boots and coats looks closer to my after picture.

:lol:

did anyone see the icicle on the pig's tail :lol:

that was funny.

me glad I am me. :)

-crystal

I really do enjoy her. She is very creative. I appreciate that.

ok..... I'll venture to the link....

I"m more brave and a tiny bit more confident today....

ok... the before picture of the boots and coats looks closer to my after picture.

:lol:

did anyone see the icicle on the pig's tail :lol:

that was funny.

-crystal