Menu

What other forums do you like?

I have been to a few, most are more uhm religious, and I am a Pastor's wife, and you know, I get mad, growl at books, my kids and the cat knows to run, when I kick the trash can...I can come here and the people are real, those of all religious or non-religious walks.

Can I just say, I learn here, and don't feel I have to suck my tummy in? Does that ring true for anyone else?

I have been to a few, most are more uhm religious, and I am a Pastor's wife, and you know, I get mad, growl at books, my kids and the cat knows to run, when I kick the trash can...I can come here and the people are real, those of all religious or non-religious walks.

Can I just say, I learn here, and don't feel I have to suck my tummy in? Does that ring true for anyone else?

:lol::iagree:

www.thehomeschoollibrary.com

Not as much traffic, but not slow, at least not in my opinion.

The majority of the members there are moderate to conservative but there are definitely many liberal members as well, and most everyone there is very civil and respectful of each other.

Many of the members there have "known" each other a long time, but they are very welcoming of newcomers.

I searched and searched for an active homeschool board and this one blows away the competition. Nothing even comes close to how active this one is.

I'm also a member of the Disney boards, a photography board, and a birth club board where all of the mommies there have been together for 7 years.

:iagree: Confession: I do not brush my teeth before visiting the WTM forums in the morning. Y'all don't seem to mind. :lol: <----- That's not me laughing, that's me using mouthwash after breakfast and before we start school.

Before I came here I visited some other homeschooling forums, but they didn't hold a candle to this one. They just didn't have nearly as much content or traffic as this does.

ITA. Plus, most of the people on the other boards I've visited just don't share the mindset I hold, so I didn't get much out of hanging out there.

I do hang out at the Mothering.com forums for other things. I like their frugal living, natural home and body, food and cooking, and parenting forums. But this is the only HSing forum I can stand :D

I can come here and the people are real, those of all religious or non-religious walks.

:iagree:

:iagree: Confession: I do not brush my teeth before visiting the WTM forums in the morning. Y'all don't seem to mind. :lol: <----- That's not me laughing, that's me using mouthwash after breakfast and before we start school.

:lol::lol::lol:

I have tried others and they all seem lame compared to here. I do keep up on the MFW forum and I like it a lot but it is....only MFW stuff! If I want to see about diets, math, high school, or bacon I am no disappointed coming here. :001_smile: It is pretty highly addictive. Also I find myself constantly saying, "I heard about that on my website (WTM-that is how we refer to it) I am additcted to". Constantly! I do love it here!:lol:

I used to frequent the homeschoolreviews forum. That is actually how I found this one! There were so many comments about how elitist/rude/condescending this board was that I just had to check it out:tongue_smilie: I am still here:D

:lol: That's how I found it too! I love you rude, condescending elitists!

I also hang out at the Sonlight forums for curriculum specific issues.

I used to frequent the homeschoolreviews forum. That is actually how I found this one! There were so many comments about how elitist/rude/condescending this board was that I just had to check it out:tongue_smilie: I am still here:D

:lol: Thanks, now I HAVE to check this one out.

The only other boards I go to are the forums at how-to-learn-any-language.com. Mostly a lurker over there though.

I love how general we are here. It's nice to have a board to go to to talk about anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure we have talked about everything! And I'm constantly learning new things here. Other boards are often *too* specialized and focused.

Before I came here I visited some other homeschooling forums, but they didn't hold a candle to this one. They just didn't have nearly as much content or traffic as this does.

:iagree:

I had tried a couple of others before joining WTM, but left because they were not inclusive and did not welcome a wide variety of topics/discussion.

I love the fact the WTM is inclusive and welcomes a wide variety of topics/discussion.

Just please put some clothes on!

Dawn