Menu

7 chemos down

Hello, I finished my 7th chemo. Yeah!! I'm over half way done with the 12 weekly chemos. We returned home Monday after midnight and will leave again tomorrow. We will be taking our kids with us this time. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Friday. Then we are being crazy and taking our kids to the Mall of America. We have wrist bands for unlimited riding. Please pray for us that I will not be tired and can enjoy this day with my children and husband. Also, that I don't catch any germs!!! :) Saturday we are having xmas on my husbands side. Sunday is the Packer game. Monday will be my 8th chemo and Tuesday I will meet the plastic surgeon and then drive the 7 hours home.

Also, I don't know if I ever told you this before but my cancer did not show up on a mammogram but I did have a thermography (after I was diagnosed via mri/biopsy) and it showed up there in blazing colors. Take that for whatever it is worth.

Thanks for all of your support and prayers.

Christine -

I'm so glad to hear your treatments are going to so well and that you seem so upbeat. My mother had cancer that was not detected by a mammogram either, but rather, by a breast exam her doctor did a couple of months after the mammogram. All but one of her sisters has had breast cancer. I will definitely be looking into thermography. I have never heard of that before. Would you mind sharing what type of breast cancer you have? I can't think of the name of my mom's, but it is the type that is more difficult to detect, but slow growing.

Best wishes to you!

Lisa

Hello, I finished my 7th chemo. Yeah!! I'm over half way done with the 12 weekly chemos. We returned home Monday after midnight and will leave again tomorrow. We will be taking our kids with us this time. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Friday. Then we are being crazy and taking our kids to the Mall of America. We have wrist bands for unlimited riding. Please pray for us that I will not be tired and can enjoy this day with my children and husband. Also, that I don't catch any germs!!! :) Saturday we are having xmas on my husbands side. Sunday is the Packer game. Monday will be my 8th chemo and Tuesday I will meet the plastic surgeon and then drive the 7 hours home.

Wow, half-way done! That is wonderful.

MOA sounds like a lot of fun. Having fun and laughing help your immune system a great deal, therefore your fun day is technically therapeutic. Enjoy!

Since you're a Packers fan... that new mohawk you're sporting is just not going to work with the traditional cheesehead hat. I suggest either the cheesehead crown or the lei and brats. Or, why not both?

http://store.thepackerman.com/cheeseheadgear.html

Also, I don't know if I ever told you this before but my cancer did not show up on a mammogram but I did have a thermography (after I was diagnosed via mri/biopsy) and it showed up there in blazing colors. Take that for whatever it is worth.

Negrin in Granada recently had one done and commented about it in a post if anyone is interested.

Take care, Christine. I'm saying many prayers for you -- specifically to not feel tired (rest if you do) and to not catch anything, your brother, and the ladies you mentioned.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: