Menu

My complete inability to find... (female content)

Okay, where did all the o.b. tampons go? Not only could I not find them in any stores, but when I resolved to order them online for the future so I wouldn't have this happen again, most of the reputable or well-known sites I looked at said they were out of stock. Is there some o.b. tampon shortage!?! Are they about to be discontinued!?! And can I just say that I can't believe I'm actually caring this much about it.

All of my searching shows that only the Ultra have been discontinued, not the regular or super. Am I missing something?

That's what I'm seeing online too, but not what I saw at the store today since no OBs at all were on the shelf. I'll try another store tomorrow and hope for the best.

Yes, they're listed as in stock by a number of Amazon sellers... for close to a dollar PER tampon in many cases. Um, I'll pay a little more, but not THAT much more. I had seen that the prices were all jacked up on Amazon, but that's often the case with all kinds of strange things, so I was trying not to take it seriously. But as evidence, it does make it seem like they've been discontinued.

Okay, where did all the o.b. tampons go? Not only could I not find them in any stores, but when I resolved to order them online for the future so I wouldn't have this happen again, most of the reputable or well-known sites I looked at said they were out of stock. Is there some o.b. tampon shortage!?! Are they about to be discontinued!?! And can I just say that I can't believe I'm actually caring this much about it.

I've got a few floating around the inside pocket of my winter coat. :lol:

I had no idea they were discontinued!

NatraCare makes a tampon sans applicator that is as good as o.b. but is organic cotton and IMO much healthier. I love them, and they don't itch me up like o.b. did (I'm sensitive to a lot of the chemical additives).

I was going to suggest the same thing. Though if you haven't considered a Diva cup, do. I love that thing! I still use the Natracare as an occasional alternative though. I love that they're so easy to tuck into a pocket.

It says they're all backordered.

NatraCare makes a tampon sans applicator that is as good as o.b. but is organic cotton and IMO much healthier. I love them, and they don't itch me up like o.b. did (I'm sensitive to a lot of the chemical additives).

Ah, good. Another option. Thanks for that.

It doesn't say they've actually been discontinued anywhere (except for the Ultra) but I found multiple references online to things within the last month saying that many stores are out of them. And those $29 boxes of tampons on Amazon (just the normal size, not bulk) seem to support that they must be scarce right now.

It doesn't say they've actually been discontinued anywhere (except for the Ultra) but I found multiple references online to things within the last month saying that many stores are out of them. And those $29 boxes of tampons on Amazon (just the normal size, not bulk) seem to support that they must be scarce right now.

I tried a couple more stores this morning. They both had the pro-comfort type in one or two sizes, but that was it. I asked the woman at the drugstore who was stocking tampons about it, and she said they expect the shortage to be temporary, but she had no idea when they'd be back.

I'm leaving to go overseas in a few weeks, so I was planning on taking a few boxes with me while I figure out what's available where we're going. I hope they're back in stock very soon.

OK, what I don't get is, why discontinue the Ultra? I NEED the ultra size (of anything!) for at least a few days out of the month. I wonder what that means?

I'm with you. The Ultra was the best thing to happen to me regarding that time of the month ever. I am not happy.

OK, what I don't get is, why discontinue the Ultra? I NEED the ultra size (of anything!) for at least a few days out of the month. I wonder what that means?

I'm with you. The Ultra was the best thing to happen to me regarding that time of the month ever. I am not happy.

Yeah, they kind of had the market for the Ultra. If it's any consolation I used to need the Ultra but I believe peri-menopause has set in and I no longer need them. I'm down a few sizes. :lol::D

Here's an article explaining the disappearance. Nice of them to inform us, huh. :glare:http://consumerist.com/2010/12/where-did-all-the-ob-tampons-go.html

Thanks for posting that. I've been on the lookout for them and not found them anywhere, but it's always impossible to find things in the city - the product turnover on shelves here is amazing as compared to the suburbs. When I go to suburban megastores I'm always a little in shock at how *everything* is in stock. We're going to NC for Christmas and I have high hopes of finding some at the drug store there. We'll see.

Thanks for posting that. I've been on the lookout for them and not found them anywhere, but it's always impossible to find things in the city - the product turnover on shelves here is amazing as compared to the suburbs. When I go to suburban megastores I'm always a little in shock at how *everything* is in stock. We're going to NC for Christmas and I have high hopes of finding some at the drug store there. We'll see.

Heh! Obviously you haven't been to our suburban Walmarts. They never have anything I need :glare: Now Target, on the other hand... I'll keep my eyes peeled and see if I can't find some for you. Merry Christmas--you got TAMPONS!

:lol: