Menu

Our son's ACT score arrived! 32!!!

We are just so excited here today. Our 17 1/2 yods got his ACT score today. The overall came in at 32. Woo-hoo!! :party:Below is the break down of the individual topics:

English=34

Reading=34

Math=31

Science=29

:hurray:

I have been sweating this test, feeling like it would be a real test of how well homeschool has worked for us. We started homeschool in kindergarten. We let him start attending 2 classes at the high school each semester starting in 9th grade.

The last semester of his junior year our son decided to take college classes available through our high school. Things went well with 2 to 5 college classes for 3 semesters and math and reading assigned at home. He will finish up our homeschool with his freshman year of college behind him.

Just one more note, if you will ablige a proud mom. I have been most concerned over his math education. Math is a hot topic here on the boards. I always questioned if Saxon would "do it" for us. Then when we switched to Teaching Textbooks I worried some more, but we enjoyed it and he was doing well so we kept working. He never attended any math classes but those I taught him at home. He used 1 year Miquon, Saxon for Math 2 through Algebra 1, the 1st four books of Key to Algebra, Teaching Textbooks Geometry and Algebra 2.

I now feel more at ease. My husband told me all the way through these long 13 years that all would turn out just right. He just kept saying to me, "The children are learning more than they ever could at public school." Now that we are at this end of the homeschool adventure with our first son, I intend to approach homeschooling a bit different with the remaining 5 children at home. I will continue using programs I like, even when others don't. I will teach with consistency, daily. I will teach good math habits and write out complete answers. I will remember that homeschool is great, even on the bad days. And everything will work out okay.

Children really are only with a very short time before they fly away. Enjoy your own homeschool adventure.:thumbup:

Stacie in UT

I now feel more at ease. My husband told me all the way through these long 13 years that all would turn out just right. He just kept saying to me, "The children are learning more than they ever could at public school." Now that we are at this end of the homeschool adventure with our first son, I intend to approach homeschooling a bit different with the remaining 5 children at home. I will continue using programs I like, even when others don't. I will teach with consistency, daily. I will teach good math habits and write out complete answers. I will remember that homeschool is great, even on the bad days. And everything will work out okay.

Children really are only with a very short time before they fly away. Enjoy your own homeschool adventure.:thumbup:

Stacie in UT

I am happy to hear of your great news and I especially appreciate those thoughts that you shared. I needed to hear them today.

Congratulations--to you both for a job well done.

Congratulations! How long did it take to receive the scores? My dd took the ACT 4/12, wondering when to expect the scores.

He took the test 4/12 as well. The kids were able to access the score online during their concurrent enrollment class at school. Don't know if that will help you. You can pay around $8.00 to see the scores online now I was told me.

Stacy,

I am just rejoicing with you on this good news!! Way to Go! That must be so rewarding for you and your ds!! :)

You mentioned the Math that you used all these years. How about for English, Reading, and Science... Can you fill us all in with what you've used for those??? Thanks! And, I DO agree.. our children grow up so fast.

Thanks, Lacy, who looked at my dd18 last week, and wondered, "WOW, how did that go by so quickly?" Glad we've been home to enjoy it!! Lot of Love:)

English=34

Reading=34

Math=31

Science=29

:hurray:

Math is a hot topic here on the boards. I always questioned if Saxon would "do it" for us. Then when we switched to Teaching Textbooks I worried some more, but we enjoyed it and he was doing well so we kept working. He never attended any math classes but those I taught him at home. He used 1 year Miquon, Saxon for Math 2 through Algebra 1, the 1st four books of Key to Algebra, Teaching Textbooks Geometry and Algebra 2.