Menu

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From one of the other threads (a somewhat nice one, lol).

Well...I don't know how helpful this is going to be! I'll ask him if there's anything you can do at home when he gets back (this is from his email).

---Find a chem lab with an atomic absorption spectrometer or and

inductivityy coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometer (we have an AA

here at [the college he works at]). Fill the crock pot with distilled white vinegar

and let it cook for a few hours (to simulate cooking under highly

acidic conditions). Run a sample of the vinegar through the AA and

test for lead. You should also run a sample of the vinegar uncooked

as a control.---

Yes! Yes we do!!! So far I can only think of three people (plus one suggested to me via PM, and thank you for that!) but it seems like no one else thinks it's these people. And I can't think of anyone else! Oh, actually, I can think of one other person...but I can't remember her name! My brain is so fried...

You got a PM? I'm jealous.

Which time zone?

Is there one besides the one I'm in? ;)

Well, Butch was my first thought.....but I really enjoyed her posts. They were fun! But, I don't remember reading her on the old board.

I don't think Toni or Cat would post that either. Didn't seem like their style. Now Phred.....I can see that.

You know who I really, really miss? I miss Peek. Peekaboo. Her comments were really worth reading.

Ah, for the good old days.

Thanks for the laugh tonight, girls. I really enjoyed reading this thread that will be gone by the time I hit "submit reply". :tongue_smilie:

Me too down to the "aries' part. We really do hate to be left out. I am clueless but still finding this thread hilarious.

I believe the crock pot debate went:

Person 1:I love my crock pot, it's the best tool I have in my kitchen.

Person 2: Why would anyone cook food in a lead lined pot, you are a moron.

OK that is not verbatim at all, but it about sums it up.

Crock pots are lined with lead?????:scared: I had no idea. Off to toss out all of my crock pots. I missed the whips at the last convention so none of those to get rid of...

I'd pm you, but there's a fair chance I'm wrong. The person I'm thinking of was banned from this board, but likely posted on the old one. It is not any of the ones previously mentioned. However, there seems to have been some confusion as to whether this individual went by two names at one point, in which case, the 2nd name has been mentioned, and it would seem I might be wrong. If she didn't, then I still have a chance of being right.

How's that for cryptic?

Toni and Butch are not the same person, they are two different people and neither one of them posted that entry in urban dictionary. Neither did Phred.

Toni and Butch are not the same person, they are two different people and neither one of them posted that entry in urban dictionary. Neither did Phred.

The person I'm thinking it may have been is none of those - unless Toni used another name at one time.

Honestly, I don't see Phred doing it at all - just doesn't seem like a worthwhile thing for him to do.

I'm not going to post who I am thinking of - I can't accuse someone of something without proof, and proof is something I don't have in this case.

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard my kids came to see what was up. I'm a Scorpio, we like to keep it vague.

OMG, I knew there was a reason that I liked you. At least half of the significant people in my life are Scorpios. It is probably how I developed my high tolerance to slight stings. :D

The whip would be that rod-thing they talk about in "To Bring Up a Child" or whatever that book was called.

And, frankly, most of what was written on that page - I HAVE seen written on these boards. I don't know, nor do I care who wrote it (I didn't). The truth hurts sometimes. Kind of like that "what forum posts do you shake your head at" thread; anyone else notice that the things mentioned suddenly stopped being posted?

a

(except the exorcism part - although the hyperbole fits)

And, frankly, most of what was written on that page - I HAVE seen written on these boards.

Sure, extreme viewpoints have been written from both ends of the spectrum, but those things hardly define this message board. I know who I think it is, in spite of protests otherwise. IMO, the writing style and vitriol are too similar to be a coincidence. That person had a big chip on their shoulder and still does, unfortunately *shrug* Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course.

ETA: And with my sniffy "Everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course," I wasn't referring to you, asta. I just meant that people can write whatever they like wherever they like--it doesn't mean we're obligated to read or agree or even care, really. That's how I avoid most of what annoys me here...I simply move on along :D

Edited by melissel

From one of the other threads (a somewhat nice one, lol).

Ack! You picked the quote I wrote on the crockpot thread. It was totally hysterical to come over here (totally randomly!) after basically several months away and this was the thread I opened...and that post was there!

(we still have our old crockpot; if there is lead in it we are happily consuming it along with our wild boar and venison)

Ack! You picked the quote I wrote on the crockpot thread. It was totally hysterical to come over here (totally randomly!) after basically several months away and this was the thread I opened...and that post was there!

(we still have our old crockpot; if there is lead in it we are happily consuming it along with our wild boar and venison)

Ha! I loved that post!! And I am still using the Rival crock-pot we received as a wedding gift, so I am right there with you!

Well, Butch was my first thought.....but I really enjoyed her posts. They were fun! But, I don't remember reading her on the old board.

Butch was on the old boards. It was on the old boards that she accused me of being a proponent of raw milk because I posted an anecdote from my childhood. (I use the word accused because her tone was most definitely accusatory.) Never mind that after I left home at 17 yo, it never occurred to me to look for a source for raw milk, and I didn't even know it was available for sale in some locales. However, because of all the raw milk threads on the boards and some additional research on my own, I absolutely would buy raw milk for my family if it were available in my area. How ironic is that?

Edited by LizzyBee

The person I'm thinking it may have been is none of those - unless Toni used another name at one time.

Toni's name on the new boards was GothicGyrl or something like that, irrc.

ETA: I just finished reading the entire thread, and I must say: You guys are hilarious!!!!!!!!

Edited by LizzyBee