Menu

Do you have your child Write in the Singapore Math Textbook?

Lorriekay

I expected my DS to write his answers in the Workbook .. but now looking at the Textbook, it looks like a workbook as well.

How do people re-sell these resources without writing in them? Looks I should be having my child write in the textbook as well!

The only thing that seems like it shouldn't be (or doesn't need to be written in) is the home instructors guide.

Am I missing something?:lurk5:

Loretta

We reuse the textbooks from child to child and use the textbooks primarily for mental math practice or work the problems together on the white board. My kids write in the workbooks, so each child gets his own workbook.

I would have no problem with them writing in the textbook if I felt that doing so would enhance their learning. It's your book, you can do what you'd like with it. I have found that I can't resell Singapore textbooks, so I'm just going to give them away when we are done with them.

Last year was our first year to use Singapore (and our first year HS-ing) and my kids wrote in the text book. I will probably have DD (6 YO) continue to write in the text but I am considering having DS (9YO) do his text answers orally, on a white board or on seperate paper.

I am planning on starting Life of Fred Fractions sometime this year (when he can get the rest of his facts memorized) and he will have to do all his work from that on seperate paper, so I am wanting to give him some practice copying problems.

I also plan to keep using Singapore unless something drastic happens with the youngers so it would be nice to avoid that expense in a couple of years, even if it is a small one.

My children write in the workbooks. I have them copy their problems from the textbooks into a separate notebook. There isn't space to use the textbooks as a consumable, at least not at the end of the series. The only way they could use the text as a consumable in 6A would be if you had your child ONLY write the final answer in the textbook while showing all their work on separate paper. Personally, I'd rather have them copy it out then.

I have my children write the Textbook answers on a separate page. They write in the Workbooks, but I like to be able to reuse the Textbooks.

Ditto :) I go through and place post-its over lessons so they know when to use the text and don't accidentally start a lesson :) It's nice b/c they know on review days they can get started at their leisure.

I have my children write the Textbook answers on a separate page. They write in the Workbooks, but I like to be able to reuse the Textbooks.

This is what we do, as well. I go through the textbook with the kids orally, using notebook paper as needed. They write in the workbooks, also with me working with them. (I am feeling the need to be pretty hands on with math right now.) I reuse the textbooks but not the workbooks. The texts will trickle down to two younger kids so this will save a lot of money in the long run and is really not much trouble.

We do text together on white board. I use it more like notes for a stand-up teacher. If he is slow on the grab, I quickly pop some more examples up on the board. I might stretch it a bit with a trickier example. I might ask another question. We wander so much, it is just better if I put the questions up, so I can mark and explain them.

Edited by kalanamak

we write in the workbooks only. We do everything else on another sheet of paper (IP, CWP included)

We generally do not write in workbooks that cost over 20 dollars as well with the only exceptions being primer through beta in MUS.

We did the textbooks orally and mentally whenever possible. Questions that required writing, were done on a separate piece of paper.