Menu

Do you ever get the distinct feeling you are on someone's

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:seeya: I see you!

I have directly addressed people and had them completely ignore my questions, so yes, I have thought that. Then again, OTOH, I also feel pretty invisible and not important enough for anyone to ignore sometimes too. ;)

Yep, especially when I reply and there are no comments and then four posts later someone says the same thing and every one comments on that answer. Does thinking every third person ignores me make me paranoid?

Nakia - You are not on my ignore list. I love reading your posts.

awww, dragon...I know the feeling!

mostly I try to tell myself that someone phrased something much more coherently than I did.

For the record, I have no one on my ignore list. Well, some people in my family are on my real-life ignore list, but no one here. I'm pretty much too nosy to have a list here.

Thanks for responding. At least I know you guys aren't ignoring me. :D

I don't have a list either, but I'm 99.99% that I'm on somebody's. But I approach it from the "oh well, their loss" point of view. ;)

I see no need for those lists, are we in elementary or what, with cliques and ignores? You always have the option of skimming, or just walking over what seems unimportant or distressing to you.

awww, dragon...I know the feeling!

mostly I try to tell myself that someone phrased something much more coherently than I did.

I'm guilty of reading long threads backward, and I also read magazines from back to front. It's a quirk of mine. So sometimes I quote something closer to the end of the thread and then realize that someone said something similar a few posts above. Oops. Other times I will read something and nod inwardly but not post my agreement until someone else repeats it after I've had the few minutes delay to articulate my own thoughts. So I quote the post I'm on rather searching out the original post that started the thought process. It's like coming in on a conversation after listening a while, KWIM? Inwardly however, I'm crediting the original brilliant mind :D It's ironic because those of you who think you are being ignored are some of my favorite posters.

Barb

Barb

Oh no - I'm arrogant enough to assume everyone is on pins & needles, eagerly awaiting what twaddle I'll write next! :lol:

I do have an ignore list b/e obviously I am immature enough to be "in elementary or what" & some people just make me want to reach out & poke them in the eye. The tolerance for snark on this list is very low & I'm a naturally snarky perosn. I view the ignore feature like a muzzle for me; it stops me from ripping off someone's head & getting banned (again :D)

Oh no - I'm arrogant enough to assume everyone is on pins & needles, eagerly awaiting what twaddle I'll write next! :lol:

I do have an ignore list b/e obviously I am immature enough to be "in elementary or what" & some people just make me want to reach out & poke them in the eye. The tolerance for snark on this list is very low & I'm a naturally snarky perosn. I view the ignore feature like a muzzle for me; it stops me from ripping off someone's head & getting banned (again :D)

I love your twaddle. :D

BTW, what does b/e mean?

Yep, sure of it. My ignore list is empty though... except for IRL where I can't actually REALLY ignore the people on my list. :D

But wouldn't it be so super awesome if you could have a real life ignore option? I've said it before, but I'll say it again, but it would be so cool if someone on our ignore list became sort of shadowy, like on a sci fi show when someone's stuck in another dimension, and their voice just came out like the adults in the Charlie Brown shows, whah whah whah WHAH whah whah.

You're not on my ignore list, Nakia.

ignore list? Just wondering.

Yep!

But really, if people are going to seriously take comments personally that were not directed at their person (but were rather about some math program or some other such silly thing), I'd prefer them to ignore me. :D

(I don't usually post on divisive topics here, but yesterday I managed to have one of my posts deleted. :tongue_smilie:)

ETA: I don't have an ignore list either. Rarely do I even remember what a specific poster has said, let alone have the kind of things they say repeatedly bother me enough for me to wish to never hear from them again (I just can't make this sentence make sense...). Oddly enough, when someone's username does jump out at me, it's usually someone who posts rarely.

Edited by darlasowders

I'm sorry.....What?! :confused:

Is somebody talking? All I hear is the sound of whooshing air.

:lol:

j/k....You aren't on MY ignore list!

But, yes, I understand that feeling. It's as if I say, "I think that cats are cute and cuddly". No response. Nothing. Then a few posts down another, more popular member (Gee, it's like high school all over again!) says, "ya know what? I have always found kitty cats to be so DARN CUTE AND CUDDLY!" and all you hear is the sound of everyone agreeing with said poster, "OMG!!! Isn't she just so stinkin' ASTUTE?! Your ability to ascertain the nuances of everything in the entire world,...right down to feline demeanor is just staggering!! You are an incredible contribution to this board! How have we lived without your input for so long? Tonight.....WE SHALL BUILD A SHRINE IN THINE HONOUR!"

:cheers2::hurray::tongue_smilie:

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

But, yes, I understand that feeling. It's as if I say, "I think that cats are cute and cuddly". No response. Nothing. Then a few posts down another, more popular member (Gee, it's like high school all over again!) says, "ya know what? I have always found kitty cats to be so DARN CUTE AND CUDDLY!" and all you hear is the sound of everyone agreeing with said poster, "OMG!!! Isn't she just so stinkin' ASTUTE?! Your ability to ascertain the nuances of everything in the entire world,...right down to feline demeanor is just staggering!! You are an incredible contribution to this board! How have we lived without your input for so long? Tonight.....WE SHALL BUILD A SHRINE IN THINE HONOUR!"

Hahahahahaahahahahahaha

so true, so true

I too have no one on my ignore list but feel as though I am on a few. I don't really see the point in something like a message board on the internet if you're going to censor it (even just censor your own view of it). I like being able to read all the messages even if I strongly disagree.

Somehow I missed this. From now on, I will read every one of your post thoroughly. I may even respond. :D (Not like anyone cares as I am definitely not any more popular than I was in high school! :tongue_smilie: :lol:)

Listen he're, Na'kia', I wouldt mis'use an apostraphe's if they'were' my last weapon's on this eart'h!

OMG, that HURT! :001_huh:

MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! That did hurt. Now I have to go check my cats to see if they died.

MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! That did hurt. Now I have to go check my cats to see if they died.

It's only the un-cuddly ones who are most at risk with apostrophial misuse. Now go cuddle that feline, good woman! Cuddle! Cuddle Hard! (I like that name, btw: I'm going to start a company and name it CuddleHard, Incorporated.)

I don't have anyone on ignore, however I do read threads backwards and respond to posts that may contain the same info as posts above it.

The last page of a thread always has all the clues you need to see just what kind of fracas has been stirred up. :D

Do you also read the end of a book first? I can't resist at least a sneak peek.

It's only the un-cuddly ones who are most at risk with apostrophial misuse. Now go cuddle that feline, good woman! Cuddle! Cuddle Hard! (I like that name, btw: I'm going to start a company and name it CuddleHard, Incorporated.)

Um....that sounds like an adult toy store or something. Pervert.

I have to agree with Nakia - I like your twaddle (and thank goodness we all know what twaddle really means because that just doesn't sound right.).:D

I only have someone on ignore because they full well know I'm not interested in talking to them and refuse to respect that. But it's ONE someone and for a very specific reason. I generally don't mind other people's POVs and opinions and such though I can be offended occasionally with HOW things are said. It helps, I think, that I can't possibly keep up with the board.

I thought it was the kittens that died with the misused apostrophe. Now I have to worry about all cats?

This board is too much work for my little brain.

Well, to me cats are forever kittens and dogs are forever puppies. :001_smile:

I just think you cannot be too careful with apostrophe use. It's a dangerous world out there.