Menu

Prayer/DS back in the hospital.

They did a test Friday pm at our local hospital and found a large infected area at his tail bone and very quickly transfered to the large hospital in our area yet that evening, had surgery(one of possibly 3) yesterday morning. Please continue to pray for us and medical staff for wisdom and healing for Richard.

When I got into my borrowed lap top this morning and saw all the posts on here once again, it brought me to tears. Thank you so much.

They did a test Friday pm at our local hospital and found a large infected area at his tail bone and very quickly transfered to the large hospital in our area yet that evening, had surgery(one of possibly 3) yesterday morning. Please continue to pray for us and medical staff for wisdom and healing for Richard.

When I got into my borrowed lap top this morning and saw all the posts on here once again, it brought me to tears. Thank you so much.

Oh, dear. I am so very sorry. :grouphug:

You all have my prayers!

Well, we will be headed to either Denver or Mayo in the next day or so. The details are not worked out yet but we will be going. Richard needs more surgery on his tail bone that the Drs. here do not feel they are equipped to do.

I have a peace that this is what we are supposed to do. We do still need much prayer. The three main ones at this point are for the right Dr to take his case, for financial provision for me as I am with him, and that my two young dc not feel abandoned.

We are relying on the promises of God. He has never failed us.

Well, we will be headed to either Denver or Mayo in the next day or so. The details are not worked out yet but we will be going. Richard needs more surgery on his tail bone that the Drs. here do not feel they are equipped to do.

I have a peace that this is what we are supposed to do. We do still need much prayer. The three main ones at this point are for the right Dr to take his case, for financial provision for me as I am with him, and that my two young dc not feel abandoned.

We are relying on the promises of God. He has never failed us.

Still praying!

I am so sorry about your son's health problems! :grouphug:

Praying for Richard, the medical staff, and you. :grouphug:

oh no, I'm so sad. Sad for you, sad for him, sad for your family.

I pray for strength for him and for peace of mind for all of you. I also pray for healing!!!

I see that you have the patriotic smiley for him. Was he injured while serving our country?

Do you have a good wheelchair for him with a great cushion? My mother was wheelchair bound. Her wheelchair reclines and has an air cushion which looks kind of like an egg crate. I was meticulous about changing her position often, and the cushion was the best on the market. Her wheelchair is just sitting in my garage collecting dust, waiting to be given to someone.

oh no, I'm so sad. Sad for you, sad for him, sad for your family.

I pray for strength for him and for peace of mind for all of you. I also pray for healing!!!

I see that you have the patriotic smiley for him. Was he injured while serving our country?

Do you have a good wheelchair for him with a great cushion? My mother was wheelchair bound. Her wheelchair reclines and has an air cushion which looks kind of like an egg crate. I was meticulous about changing her position often, and the cushion was the best on the market. Her wheelchair is just sitting in my garage collecting dust, waiting to be given to someone.

Thank you for your offer of the chair. Yes, he has an excellent power chair and cushion. With his chair he is able to do his own weigh shifts.

He was injured in a car roll over almost 19 yrs ago. He is VERY patristic though. He loves our country, prays for our country and leaders, give people a soap speech if they start complaining about what a crummy place the US is. ETC.

Thank you for your offer of the chair. Yes, he has an excellent power chair and cushion. With his chair he is able to do his own weigh shifts.

He was injured in a car roll over almost 19 yrs ago. He is VERY patristic though. He loves our country, prays for our country and leaders, give people a soap speech if they start complaining about what a crummy place the US is. ETC.

Thank you for sharing. It sounds like he has the PERFECT chair!!!

I'm sorry, I know this is very difficult for you, Mom, to see him suffer. And I'm so sorry for him. I pray the right doctor will heal him up quickly!!!:grouphug:

I so appreciate all the love and prayers that have come from this group. Gods hand has totally held me up and been a comfort.

Richard has had a couple of very restless days/nights. He was very spacy yesterday most of the day. He seemed to rally about 3 yesterday afternoon and did pretty good until they told us that he was scheduled for more surgery this morning.

He will have to have a colostomy put in as they are finding stool in the wound. We knew this was a possibility but had gone this far without seeing it so was hoping that it was not going to be needed. We are still slated to fly to Denver, possibly even yet today but again we don't know the time schedule.

God is good All the time and has definitely proven Himself so through all of this.

I so appreciate all the love and prayers that have come from this group. Gods hand has totally held me up and been a comfort.

Richard has had a couple of very restless days/nights. He was very spacy yesterday most of the day. He seemed to rally about 3 yesterday afternoon and did pretty good until they told us that he was scheduled for more surgery this morning.

He will have to have a colostomy put in as they are finding stool in the wound. We knew this was a possibility but had gone this far without seeing it so was hoping that it was not going to be needed. We are still slated to fly to Denver, possibly even yet today but again we don't know the time schedule.

God is good All the time and has definitely proven Himself so through all of this.

Oh, Sandy. :grouphug:

I wish I could say more than "still praying" but I am not one of those articulately faithful people. Please know you are all in my prayers!

Please forgive me for not updating last night. I was so exhausted as soon as Richard was able to breath without problems, eat, and felt more awake I simply went to bed.

He went down to surgery about 3 and was back in his room by 6:30. I was allowed to stay with him in pre op and post op so it was really only about 1 1/2 hrs that I was waiting. That waiting can get so long but it is also a great time to pour out to Abba Father with all the fears and concerns you have. He did great through it out, was eating clear liquids by 7:30 and had a bowl of chicken noodle soup about 9. They say that he has to be able to eat solids and have everything working, then they will once again begin the process of the transfer. He has a regular breakfast coming this morning so we will see how it goes. He has done so well so far that they are saying they feel he will do great with it.

We really are once again on what Richard deems as 'hospital time', waiting for them to tell us it is time to fly.

Richard seems to be much more alert this morning, in very good spirits. That is an answer to prayer as the last couple of days was a bit rough there.

Thank you for all the support and prayers.

It has been a very rough day. We had problems getting Richard to respond most of the day. Drs are not sure what the problem is, possibly that the kidneys are not filtering well enough and he is toxic from all the antibiotics but not sure.

He was transfered to a higher level of care in the hospital just after noon.

God is in control.

Richard seems a bit more awake at times this morning and his speech is clearer. He needs to really start eating. He needs to be doing the clear liquids so he can more on to the next step of eating. As I understand it he needs to pretty much be on a regular diet before and having his digestive track working correct before they can start working on the transfer again.

Also, his blood levels are better this morning.

God is working in him.

I so appreciate all the faithful ones that have been agreeing with us for his total recover.