Menu

Food stamps? opinions

It seems like a big number because it's way out of proportion to amounts of money most of us are used to dealing with, but if the federal budget were a dollar, I would not have my knickers in a twist about 1.6 cents going to help low income people buy food.

Tara

But it's not a dollar, and it's not 1.6 cents. If it helps you sleep better to think of it that way, great. Personally, the real numbers (especially the deficit) keep me up at night.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None are over 12, but yes. We eat very healthily.

:001_huh:

Which, I have no doubt, jacks up the money spent on food a good deal more than buying bread, no?

Right now, it seems she is worried about just providing enough relatively healthy food for the whole family.

I don't think you get that I am trying to offer valid alternatives, though.

But those alternatives aren't without cost either. In order to start an online business LEGALLY, you must have a business license, which costs money. You must pay income taxes on the money that you earn. Then there's the startup costs for materials. If she were sewing products to sell, fabric tends to run a pretty penny. It's currently April, and most people likely aren't going to be shopping for knitted hats/mittens/scarves, etc. Then there is marketing costs in order to get your name out there so people actually buy the stuff. Then if you are making products for children with ANY adornments on them, you must meet the CPSIA requirements for lead or phalates. You have to label those products (additional costs) and possibly pay to have your products tested.

Food stamps isn't the only thing that is on an EBT card. Other gov't payments go on there as well...not just welfare. I've used an EBT card without having food stamps. And I've used one with having food stamps.

I agree. Dd3s foster payments are on the same EBT card that the people with food stamps received. I can use her card to buy anything I want with it... it is a regular debit card. I can buy a cart of beer, chips and tobacco if I want but that doesn't mean that I don't spend double what the state used to pay me out of my own pocket for her necessities like food, clothing and household bills.

There are other payments in our state that go on there too.

I am with Rough Collie - this woman has TWO YEAR OLD TWINS! Do you know what it's like to have two year old twins? It's draining. You try to keep up with them all day, keeping them safe and alive. Then on top of that, she already has a job homeschooling 3 older children. And everyone is suggesting that she work and/or go to school on top of that!

Take the food stamps. Apply today. Don't worry about planning to change your situation - time will change it. In 4 years, your 9 year old will be old enough to babysit if Dad is home, and your twins won't be flushing toothbrushes down the toilet (oh, wait, that was my twins...), and THEN you can work or go to school or whatever you decide.

Good luck!

I agree. I don't even have twins, I can only try to imagine what it must be like :001_huh: makes me tired just to think about it.

There are different definitions of temporary, I guess. Personally, I would like to see completely coordinated government aid, with each family evaluated individually. They would receive the aid they need right now, and given help to develop a long-term plan to get out of poverty.

Apply if you need to. That is what it is there for. Just think of how much money you are saving the government by homeschooling ;) There has been times where we needed it but couldn't apply because my husband wasn't a US citizen and it would become a debt I would have to repay.

I would consider making some sort of change so the future would be more stable for you though. Perhaps your husband can take some online classes to qualify for a better job? Starting a business doesn't have to be costly. I started one when my son was an infant for less than $100. If you do start one you would have to find a niche and do what you know.

Wow, I remember when I could get a loaf of bread for a $1. Now it is hard to find a loaf under $2. 4 loaves of bread would last us a week. I do find that having more bread on hand helps stretch the groceries.

I think it depends on your family. My daughter could eat a loaf a day if I let her; she's the carb queen. I don't like bread, so a loaf can last me two weeks (I eat a different kind than the rest of the family.) Our Aldi has a light wheat bread for around $1, and a very good whole wheat for $1.69.

(nak) RE: churches providing for families. The St Vincent DePaul society (Catholic) provides much assistance to families in need. At the local level all the staff is volunteer and there is little to no administrative cost. (Not sure if there is a national group.)

I would like to believe that organizations like this would take over if the govt ceased providing aid.

Life happens and you do what you have to do. You should not have to justify your life circumstances which led to this point.

And I think people fail to understand the vast majority of food benefit clients do work. And work hard. And if someone wants to buy soda, white bread, bologna and chips for their packed lunch good for them. Food stamps aren't the entire food budget of most homes. It helps them stretch limited resources.

Also those plastic cards not only have food benefits but on them. They also have child support, wic and ssi supplement checks.

As for the question of will they give you a hard time probably not. Alot of the families I know have recently had to go there. For the first time in their lives. It was difficult to do this. But the only one that had an issue was when a caseworker demanded a student id for a teenager. That was easy to produce.

I guess I have faith in people. Sure there are some users and abusers of the system. But they are everywhere. Most people pay into the system and then one day might have to use that system for a short time. And so I don't care about their birth control measures or what they purchase. Or even what they are wearing while making the purchase. I believe they should be treated with dignity. You never know when things could turn and you be on that end.

Actually, anyone who is using federal assistance should examine their life choices that got them to this point. How else can they determine what they need to do differently to change their circumstances? After all, they are taking money that someone else has gone out and worked for. In that same line of thought, there are a lot of taxpaying families not on assistance that cannot afford chips, soda, and steak for their own families because they pay so much in taxes to support these programs.

The average taxpaying American family pays $630 a month into the welfare system. That's a huge chunk of any family's income.

Actually, anyone who is using federal assistance should examine their life choices that got them to this point. How else can they determine what they need to do differently to change their circumstances? After all, they are taking money that someone else has gone out and worked for. In that same line of thought, there are a lot of taxpaying families not on assistance that cannot afford chips, soda, and steak for their own families because they pay so much in taxes to support these programs.

The average taxpaying American family pays $630 a month into the welfare system. That's a huge chunk of any family's income.

Where does that statistic come from and what does it include under the umbrella of "welfare"? And how is that possible since that level of federal tax would mean the average taxpaying family makes in excess of $100,000 per year?

(nak) RE: churches providing for families. The St Vincent DePaul society (Catholic) provides much assistance to families in need. At the local level all the staff is volunteer and there is little to no administrative cost. (Not sure if there is a national group.)

I would like to believe that organizations like this would take over if the govt ceased providing aid.

The problem with that is that churches have an agenda- they all want to convert you. If churches were the primary source of aid for the poor, I do believe we'd see them use that in order to push their beliefs on the general population, much as the Catholic church did by cutting off aid to the area when Washington, D. C. legalized gay marriage. Religious people might not see that as a problem, thinking it's all for the greater good, but some of us tend to disagree.

OK that was a bit much so now I am going to explain a little something to you all right!!! I really feel attacked and you must not have very much sense. I examined my life very carefully when I filed bancruptcy and when I filed for help when my disabled child was 7. Until then I WORKED 2 jobs to take care of him. I had a sick son who cannot go to daycare period. I had 3 other kids besides him and daddy walked so until you are there maybe you should not speak. You had no right to post this nonsense and you should think before you speak

How is getting sick or losing a job a "life choice"? Because right now, that's why a lot of families are getting assistance, and many of the rest are mentally ill in some way. And despite what a lot of people think, being mentally ill isn't a choice, or something that you can just get over by sucking it up.

Families on assistance aren't "taking money that somebody else worked for." They are usually working just as hard themselves, but can't get paid enough to make ends meet, or can't get enough hours. If we want to live in a country where we can buy things for much cheaper than most of the world, we are going to have people who can't make enough to live on thanks to outsourcing and low wages. Period. That's just the way the world works. If you don't want the poor people "taking" your hard-earned money, don't complain when a bag of flour costs you fifteen dollars.

I don't know why people not on food stamps always have to sneer about the families getting assistance buying things like steak and soda. We receive food stamps, and we buy things like lentils and organic milk. Are you going to complain now about the fact that you can't afford organic milk, as well? Is there anything that it IS acceptable for families on assistance to eat?

OMG, no. This is not true of every church! You might be shocked at how many folks want to help, no matter. I am an atheisit who has worked in shelters & food banks, and ime, it is the rare person/program who holds 'salvation' over a needy person's head! They might hope you find 'salvation', but they are blind to who is hungry, and especially blind to hungry children. I am sorry you had such experiences, but I was serioulsy humbled at how accepting and welcoming churches are. Most congregants, ime, are poor, or have experienced poor, and all they want to do is help!

The problem with that is that churches have an agenda- they all want to convert you. If churches were the primary source of aid for the poor, I do believe we'd see them use that in order to push their beliefs on the general population, much as the Catholic church did by cutting off aid to the area when Washington, D. C. legalized gay marriage. Religious people might not see that as a problem, thinking it's all for the greater good, but some of us tend to disagree.
Edited by LibraryLover

OK that was a bit much so now I am going to explain a little something to you all right!!! I really feel attacked and you must not have very much sense. I examined my life very carefully when I filed bancruptcy and when I filed for help when my disabled child was 7. Until then I WORKED 2 jobs to take care of him. I had a sick son who cannot go to daycare period. I had 3 other kids besides him and daddy walked so until you are there maybe you should not speak. You had no right to post this nonsense and you should think before you speak

Actually, I have been there. I grew up in poverty. My father died when I was 4 and my mother did odd jobs here and there to keep us from starving. Family wouldn't help unless my mother agreed to turn over custody of me to them. I had two outfits to wear to school and have eaten more ketchup sandwiches for dinner than I care to remember.

No one has to tell me what it's like to live in destitution.

OMG, no. This is not true of every church! You might be shocked at how many folks want to help, no matter. I am an atheisit who has worked in shelters & food banks, and ime, it the rare person/program who holds 'salvation' over a needy person's head! They might hope you find 'salvation', but they are blind to who is hungry, and especially blind to hungry children. I am sorry you had such experiences, but I was serioulsy humbled at how accepting and welcoming churches are. Most congregants, ime, are poor, or have experienced poor, and all they want to do is help!

Oh, I know it's not true of every church. There are some wonderful churches out there that do amazing things for those in need, and I'm sure they'd step up if the government stopped helping the poor. I guess I've just heard enough stories about churches that do some pretty awful things in the context of charity to make me slightly nervous about the idea of churches being the main provider for the poor. That story about the Catholic church and D. C. that came out awhile ago.. *shakes head* I found that disturbing on a deep level.

Where does that statistic come from and what does it include under the umbrella of "welfare"? And how is that possible since that level of federal tax would mean the average taxpaying family makes in excess of $100,000 per year?

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2010/03/Expanding-the-Failed-War-on-Poverty-Obamas-2011-Budget-Increases-Welfare-Spending-to-Historic-Levels

I haven't read all your replies and maybe someone has mentioned this...

You are not alone. Inflation of food prices is causing massive problems for many, many families.

While I do not believe in relying on government largess for sustenance, I also think that the government has caused so many problems (inflation for instance, a hidden tax on the poor and middle classes) and allows for so much waste, that a person could consider accepting money from the government as part of a "refund" of what politicians have stolen from us through their atrocious management.

Good luck,

Amanda

How is getting sick or losing a job a "life choice"? Because right now, that's why a lot of families are getting assistance, and many of the rest are mentally ill in some way. And despite what a lot of people think, being mentally ill isn't a choice, or something that you can just get over by sucking it up.

Families on assistance aren't "taking money that somebody else worked for." They are usually working just as hard themselves, but can't get paid enough to make ends meet, or can't get enough hours. If we want to live in a country where we can buy things for much cheaper than most of the world, we are going to have people who can't make enough to live on thanks to outsourcing and low wages. Period. That's just the way the world works. If you don't want the poor people "taking" your hard-earned money, don't complain when a bag of flour costs you fifteen dollars.

I don't know why people not on food stamps always have to sneer about the families getting assistance buying things like steak and soda. We receive food stamps, and we buy things like lentils and organic milk. Are you going to complain now about the fact that you can't afford organic milk, as well? Is there anything that it IS acceptable for families on assistance to eat?

YOU have so much common sense and understanding

But it's not a dollar, and it's not 1.6 cents. If it helps you sleep better to think of it that way, great. Personally, the real numbers (especially the deficit) keep me up at night.

Fifty-six billion dollars doesn't really bother me, honestly, because no matter how much money it is, it's still 1.6% of the budget. 1.6% is not going to be the thing that makes or breaks the economy. I'm far more worried about our runaway military budget than I am about a piddly little amount to help poor families eat.

Tara

Actually, I have been there. I grew up in poverty. My father died when I was 4 and my mother did odd jobs here and there to keep us from starving. Family wouldn't help unless my mother agreed to turn over custody of me to them. I had two outfits to wear to school and have eaten more ketchup sandwiches for dinner than I care to remember.

No one has to tell me what it's like to live in destitution.

My family would be better off financially if my dh died. No, I am not being morbid or wishing him dead (I'd much rather have him and live in a box!) It's just a fact that *he* brought up when he received his annual Social Security statement a few months ago. His income from working is less than his Social Security survivor benefits. Why is that? Because he has made less in the past two years than he has his entire adult life.

I know how we got here. I have replayed every. single. mistake. over and over until I am sick from it. There are so many things we could have done differently and we would not be where we are now. The problem is, I *can't* go back and change the decisions we made. And because I can't - here we are. So what do we do? We do the best we can.

And that includes food stamps. Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks, the law allows us to get them and we need them, so we do. I *do* think about the taxes that others pay - trust me. I think about how much it really sucks to be the charity case of the family. I think about how much my 7yo wants violin lessons. I think about how thankful I am that dh's new job has health benefits so we don't have to take Medicaid anymore. And how nice it will be when I don't feel like crap everytime one of these threads come up. Trust me, I know where our food comes from, where their clothes come from, where dh's minivan he drives came from, and all the rest. Without food stamps and the charity of others, we *would* be eating ketchup sandwiches and I am very thankful that isn't the only option.

I also think that the government has caused so many problems (inflation for instance, a hidden tax on the poor and middle classes) and allows for so much waste, that a person could consider accepting money from the government as part of a "refund" of what politicians have stolen from us through their atrocious management.

:thumbup1:

That statistic has to be wrong. I looked at the article you referred to and still don't see how you came up with that number.

If a family is paying $630 a month into the welfare system then they must be making a lot of money. I wouldn't call them average though.

There is a lot of false reasoning in that document. I also want to point out that "Means Tested programs" includes things like the Pell Grant and other college aid, rural development home loans, school vouchers for poor children, etc. Adding in school lunch programs, Title I funding, and more along those lines is over-reaching.

There is no doubt that Obama is pushing for more federal programs and gov't outlays, but to assume that all people who will become eligible under new poverty level formulas will take the $28,000 per year that the article quotes is ridiculous. Only about half of those under the poverty level receive food stamps, for example - we didn't for 10 years that we qualified becuase we could get by without them. And most families in poverty don't take everything that they feasible *could* just because it is available.

And to report 5 million new recipients in his first year of presidency as proof of his gov't expansion is pretty misleading when you consider that unemployment reached soaring levels during is first year as well. I imagine we can find other, more reasonable examples of that (General Motors, AIG, etc.)

Edited by Renee in FL

That statistic has to be wrong. I looked at the article you referred to and still don't see how you came up with that number.

If a family is paying $630 a month into the welfare system then they must be making a lot of money. I wouldn't call them average though.

I couldn't find the statistic either, and I read the article three times. Also, just because $630 is "average" doesn't mean that's what most people pay. The top percent that pay much higher taxes are going to skew the average.

I inadvertently gave the link to a summary. Here is the link to the original report:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2009/09/Obama-to-Spend-103-Trillion-on-Welfare-Uncovering-the-Full-Cost-of-Means-Tested-Welfare-or-Aid-to-the-Poor

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Read the Entire Report". It contains all the statistics and sources.

The original poster has a difficult situation. She has examined her circumstances. The facts are she is caring for a spouse who has health issues. The spouse works and therefore pays taxes of various sorts. He could be like so many and quickly file for disablity. But he does work within his limitations. The spouse has been able to work more in the past. So it is reasonable to assume this is a new situation. This is the type of family which should sign up for the food benefits. Give this struggling family time to heal. They will figure it out. They have been self sufficient in the past. Right now people should support this family instead of blaming them. Illness, job loss and death are curves which require time to recover and can happen to anyone.

To the original poster and family :grouphug: and know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I think I brought this into the discussion, so I'll clarify. The people the churches would be supporting would be congregants of that church who already subscribe to the no-birth-control doctrine. Point being, if people are going to use religion as their reason for making certain choices, then religious organizations that promulgate those beliefs should provide, not governmental ones (separation of church and state and all that.)

It would be lovely if churches/charities could completely take over aid to the poor and leave the government out of it, but I don't see it happening; the problem is too huge.

Edited by Mejane

I hadn't heard about the gay marriage/Catholic aid issue. On reading about it, I'm appalled that the Church would behave in such a way (not surprised, mind you, just appalled). I understand the underlying reason -- they wanted to get some of the language in the bill changed which is not unusual for any "special interest" organization. But having a good reason is not justification for such behavior. From what I've read, however, they did not follow through with their threats, for what it's worth.

I do understand and appreciate the concern regarding attempts at conversion. I suppose I'm somewhat nostalgic for a time (which I've never seen) when churches/communities took care of each other. But I forget that times have changed a great deal and there are many more people who do not want to be part of churches. (I reworded that about 5 times trying not to use any offensive language -- if I failed, please forgive me!) Anyway, that change certainly has an impact on the idea of church being the primary vehicle for assistance to the poor. Thank you for expanding my thinking!

Anyway, that change certainly has an impact on the idea of church being the primary vehicle for assistance to the poor.

Yes. The idea that churches should see to charitable needs is not realistic in a pluralistic society, because there are many people who don't want to attend church and many churches who don't want to help those who don't subscribe to their faith. "The church" is not the monolith it once was.

Tara

But those alternatives aren't without cost either. In order to start an online business LEGALLY, you must have a business license, which costs money. You must pay income taxes on the money that you earn. Then there's the startup costs for materials. If she were sewing products to sell, fabric tends to run a pretty penny. It's currently April, and most people likely aren't going to be shopping for knitted hats/mittens/scarves, etc. Then there is marketing costs in order to get your name out there so people actually buy the stuff. Then if you are making products for children with ANY adornments on them, you must meet the CPSIA requirements for lead or phalates. You have to label those products (additional costs) and possibly pay to have your products tested.

Yes, the CPSIA has made it very difficult for MANY WAHM's that found a nitch to help make ends meet while taking care of their families. Personally, I think there are some big companies that have their panties in a twist, want us dependant on them and not each other or ourselves, and they have the money and power to pass cr@ppy stuff like this .

. I really do not want a social worker question me on how we raise our children.(part of the reason I homeschool) Also, I can't spend tons of time up at Dept social services either. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks

Food stamps applications are handled by county workers, not Child Protective Services workers. They really don't have the authority to question you on how you raise your children. Particularly because you have little ones who are too young for school, particularly because no one can get a job right now, no one is going to wonder why you don't feel it's efficient to get a job. If they bring it up, say, "Oh, you know, so much going on these days. Do you have any kids?" IOW, be vague and change the subject.

Your county should have a downloadable application that you can print out, fill out, and bring in. With this application there will be a list of paperwork to bring in. If you have all your paperwork together, you only have to spend two days at the county building: one submitting your application, one picking up your EBT card. Then, every six months, you can recertify by phone.

Which, I have no doubt, jacks up the money spent on food a good deal more than buying bread, no?
No. I spend $75 - $100 a week at the grocery store (on groceries, cleaning supplies, etc.). Buying healthy food is actually cheaper than buying unhealthy food.

Oh, and four loaves of bread would last our family 4 days max!
Then you guys are eating WAY too many carbs.

How is getting sick or losing a job a "life choice"?
Having a family before you can (or having one bigger than you will ever be able to) take care of them if you get sick or lose your job is a life choice.

Having a family before you can (or having one bigger than you will ever be able to) take care of them if you get sick or lose your job is a life choice.

Before you get jumped on for this... I will say I agree to a point. Many people act as though having children is an entitlement of sorts. They

don't seem to think about the cost of raising a family, nor do they plan for emergencies such as illness or job loss. What many people on this thread have advised is that people having a hard time reflect upon their choices and change things that may have contributed to their circumstances if they can so they are less likely to be put into such a situation again. Does anyone really think this is a bad idea?

That said, many people are suffering in this horrific economy who thought they had planned well. Jobs are lost that were thought to be secure. Savings are being used up. The best laid plans are going down the tubes. People who need help should take it without feeling guilty.

No. I spend $75 - $100 a week at the grocery store (on groceries, cleaning supplies, etc.). Buying healthy food is actually cheaper than buying unhealthy food.

I see from your post count that you are new. You might want to consider the tone of your posts. If you have good information to share but are abrasive in your delivery, people will not listen to you.

Tara

It's truly none of your business how many carbs other people choose to eat.

Sometimes babies come whether you've planned for them or not, even when a person is taking precautions against pregnancy. Furthermore, limiting life choices because a person "might" someday be sick or lose a job doesn't make sense.

I do understand and appreciate the concern regarding attempts at conversion. I suppose I'm somewhat nostalgic for a time (which I've never seen) when churches/communities took care of each other. But I forget that times have changed a great deal and there are many more people who do not want to be part of churches. (I reworded that about 5 times trying not to use any offensive language -- if I failed, please forgive me!) Anyway, that change certainly has an impact on the idea of church being the primary vehicle for assistance to the poor. Thank you for expanding my thinking!

Do you really think times have changed for the worse? As I see it churches are really making an effort now to reach out to people in need without demanding certain actions or behaviours on the part of the beneficiary as opposed to only helping those who meet their criteria.

However, I don't think it is anyone's place to demand that churches help individuals regardless of the situation. It's one thing to see a person in need and fulfill that need. It's another thing to live a lifestyle directly contrary to a churches teachings and expect them to provide for you while you belittle their beliefs and teachings. A poor choice or poor circumstances are one thing and I've never seen a church turn away someone because they are in a situation they can't help. Demanding that a church accept any and all choices and just serve those people while those people have no respect for the church probably isn't going to happen. Of course, there are churches out there for just about every belief system so maybe the individuals should seek the help from a religious group that is sympathetic to their lifestyle instead of villifying the churches that don't match up with their particular set of beliefs.

We have a family of 8. One sandwich per day per person takes care of an entire loaf of bread.

I am confused by people who are so anti food stamps. Is it safe to assume that you plan on turning down your SS and Medicare benefits? Now those are some entitlement programs that cost some money. If you are gonna say that you pay into those, I will give you the example of my parents. We were very poor and they were on FS for a couple years when I was a kid. They are now divorced but one makes over 80,000 a year and the other runs his own business - that has done very well since about 1994. Trust me, they are paying in.

I agree that some abuse the system, I agree that FS need to be a short term solution, but geez, the OP is exactly who the system is designed to help. To not adequately feed your family when this is available would not make sense.

I am trying my best not to get upset about some of the post that are rude and insensitive. I really pray that you never are in my situation.

As far as making things from home and selling them. Yes it sounds like a great idea in theory, but can you guarantee it will sell on a regular basis. so that I can buy food each week. Because the kids do need to eat whether I make 0 or $100!!

I agree I need to find something for the long haul, but it would not make sense to start school and flunk out because I don't have the time to finish a course!! Not to mention money. Also, I have to find a job after school and in this area no one is hiring. Unless you have a 4 year degree and even then the pay sucks.

After doing some research online I think my best bet would to do transcription, but I would need a seperate computer. And take some courses to learn to be a medical transcriptionist which I could do from home.

Also, the church we attend is very small and 45 min away. They have helped us some but we are a very poor congregation and there is only so much they can do. Plus why should they help us each month when we qualify for government assitance. Why not let the church help someone else in the congregation who can't qualify because they make just enough not to qualify. KWIM

For those have been an encouragement THANK YOU so much!!

I have applied online and have an appointment next week. The social worker I spoke with was very helpful.

I am trying my best not to get upset about some of the post that are rude and insensitive. I really pray that you never are in my situation.

As far as making things from home and selling them. Yes it sounds like a great idea in theory, but can you guarantee it will sell on a regular basis. so that I can buy food each week. Because the kids do need to eat whether I make 0 or $100!!

I agree I need to find something for the long haul, but it would not make sense to start school and flunk out because I don't have the time to finish a course!! Not to mention money. Also, I have to find a job after school and in this area no one is hiring. Unless you have a 4 year degree and even then the pay sucks.

After doing some research online I think my best bet would to do transcription, but I would need a seperate computer. And take some courses to learn to be a medical transcriptionist which I could do from home.

Also, the church we attend is very small and 45 min away. They have helped us some but we are a very poor congregation and there is only so much they can do. Plus why should they help us each month when we qualify for government assitance. Why not let the church help someone else in the congregation who can't qualify because they make just enough not to qualify. KWIM

For those have been an encouragement THANK YOU so much!!

I have applied online and have an appointment next week. The social worker I spoke with was very helpful.

:grouphug:

Yeah, a few of the posts are ridiculous to the point of being far-fetched.

Good for you! That should help take a lot of the worry off your mind.

:grouphug:

Yeah, a few of the posts are ridiculous to the point of being far-fetched.

Good for you! That should help take a lot of the worry off your mind.

If life were as easy as people on the internet make it seem then everyone would have perfect lives.;)

Edited by Renee in FL