Menu

Join me on a laundry quest anybody?

I'm on a quest to finish the laundry today. Anybody care to join me? Do you need to catch up on laundry also?

I have two loads done and waiting to be folded. One load in the washer and I guess 7 more waiting to be done. My goal fold what's done and do 7 more. I'll post as I get loads done.

I'd join you except that our water is being shut off in 1 hr. for at least the whole day! We have a slow water leak coming from the bathroom and seeping up into the living room:glare:. Fortunately, I'm pretty well caught up on laundry and dishes.

I'm in, but mine will most likely be a multi-day quest. :tongue_smilie: I have to run to the store and get containers to pack away the kids clothes that no longer fit as i wash it. I figure I have about 3-4 loads that are clean and need to be put away, and another 7 or so to wash. Laundry is one of my tasks that I can never seem to keep caught up. At least during the summer my kids wear less clothing so I will have less to wash.

Missy

Ds 3/04

Dd 8/05

Dd 1/08

YES! You must fold! :001_smile: Sorry for yelling--I hate folding also--it is the bain of my existense! :tongue_smilie: I actually had three loads waiting to be folded. I have two folded and have switched out the load in the washer and put in a new load of smelly boy clothes.

Usually I have a laundry routine, but last week we had an out of town guest and we were busy having fun--I only washed towels last week.

Keep going ladies! We can conquer Mt. Washmore!

Lara!---14 loads?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! I'm speechless!

I SO NEED THIS!! I have about 3 loads (washed) that have been sitting on a couch since yesterday, waiting to be folded (I must be the only one in my family aware that this pile of laundry doesn't actually belong there - no one else seems to be bothered by it). After that, about two more loads to wash. Thanks for the motivation to make this happen (channeling positive thoughts now)...!!

Does throwing it out & opting for a smaller wardrobe count? Because I've been seriously considering that for the dc! ;)

Alright, I've got about 3 loads folded (wait--do we have to put away? I guess w/ toddlers in the house, there's no point in folding otherwise!), & &%*# more to do.

W/ the washing machine breaking down 3x since the new yr, it's just stacked. up. Ugh.

Wait a minute. This is like giving a mouse a cookie. If I wash all the clothes, I have to dry them. If I dry them, I have to fold them. Fold, put away. Put away, clean out winter clothes. Clean out winter clothes, a trip to the attic for storage & a trip to the thrift store for give away. Who knows *where* that will lead, but--in ONE day? :lol:

Wait a minute. This is like giving a mouse a cookie. If I wash all the clothes, I have to dry them. If I dry them, I have to fold them. Fold, put away. Put away, clean out winter clothes. Clean out winter clothes, a trip to the attic for storage & a trip to the thrift store for give away. Who knows *where* that will lead, but--in ONE day? :lol:

:lol: Thank you Aubrey!!! :lol:

I hung out our sleeping bags to air (we were away for the weekend). And I have that laundry and my dh's weekend laundry to wash.

Gag. I just found out what's next. You go to gather laundry, & you see the state of the bathroom, & you find what's hidden in the hamper. :001_huh:

So now I'm cleaning the bathroom. (Actually, I'm sitting here typing on the computer, *not* cleaning the bathroom, folding laundry, or putting it away. I'm pretty sure I fail.)

On a bright note, though, I cooked a real turkey for lunch meat today, & the kids are sitting outside in a tree taking turns reading their history to ea other. It was all voluntary until I took a book out there to trade w/ them for what they'd chosen. (Dd just discovered Wayside School, lol.)

I am in the fold immediately group. I strongly prefer to fold warm laundry. I only have one laundry basket for clean clothes, so each load gets washed, dried, folded, and sent with a child to be put away before the next load comes out of the dryer.

The funny thing is I am a messy/clutter person by nature, but clean laundry MUST be folded and put away for each load.

Anyone else care to share?

(And ds, 18, is doing his laundry today, so I can't participate in the laundry quest right now.)

I switched another load of laundry. I folded the one that came out of the dryer (it was a blanket!). I have tableclothes in now.

So 1 load completely done. 2 loads in the works. 1 extra load still waiting to be folded.

Okay, what have you done?

Okay, I'm in, and here's a golden-oldie post to inspire us all....

"Here is my (Kate's) laundry speech a la Aragorn before the black gate...

I see in your eyes the same mountain that would take the heart of me. A

day may come when this laundry pile of mine overwhelms me, when I

forsake clean towels and break all scoops of soap, but it is not this

day. An hour of soiled shirts and dirty pants, when the laundry room

comes crashing down, but it is not this day. Today, I fold! For all of

the children in my house, and for my dear husband too, I tell you I will

sit, and fold my laundry!"

I switched another load of laundry. I folded the one that came out of the dryer (it was a blanket!). I have tableclothes in now.

So 1 load completely done. 2 loads in the works. 1 extra load still waiting to be folded.

Okay, what have you done?

Wait a minute. I don't think blankets & tablecloths count. People who have time to wash optional linens are in a completely different category from those of us who have been living in 80 degree temps for over a mo & yet are finding sweaters (& diapers) in the laundry.

I finished deboning, slicing, & freezing my turkey while my toddlers ran around screaming & crying. I tried to feed them, but the one is a bottomless pit, & the other threw. her. food. AWAY!!! WHILE screaming that she was hungry. Then proceeded to peel & toss a banana & had the gall to ask for more food. I'm sort-of sitting here twitching...

Oh, wait, you meant laundry. I put a load on to wash. :D I also (finally) diagnosed its latest problem: someone had reset the sucker to "super-small load." As. IF. :lol:

I am in the fold immediately group. I strongly prefer to fold warm laundry. I only have one laundry basket for clean clothes, so each load gets washed, dried, folded, and sent with a child to be put away before the next load comes out of the dryer.

The funny thing is I am a messy/clutter person by nature, but clean laundry MUST be folded and put away for each load.

Anyone else care to share?

(And ds, 18, is doing his laundry today, so I can't participate in the laundry quest right now.)

I always fold laundry when its fresh and warm, but I detest putting them away. So I'll have 3 baskets of nicely folded laundry sitting in my bedroom waiting to be put away.

Yeah, 14 loads-I stripped every bathroom (3) I did all of DH work clothes (3) I made the children get every sock, shirt-whatever from under every bed and DS (who likes is OBSESSED with hanging clothes up (dirty/ clean who cares?)) cleaned out the lower part of his closet, (1) all pajamas that were not folded in all the drawers(1), towels used on table from egg dying (1) dog rug (1) -rest of laundry that was what I should have done in a normal 1/2 week. I need to do sheets this week, but NOT TODAY!!!.

Lara

Should we have a clean out the "funny" things in the fridge day????

Yes blankets count! when they are smelling and damp from a trip to the beach on Thursday! And so do tableclothes--not optional at my house! I need a fresh one everyday to cover the ugly folding table we use to eat on.

So I have two more loads done. and one in drier and one in washer. I can now see how sandy and dirty the laundry room floor is! Putting away for me is folding the laundry and putting it on the bed of the owner.

I keep getting server busy message when trying to get on the boards. Doesn't the server know I have important stuff to post--like my laundry progress!

"Here is my (Kate's) laundry speech a la Aragorn before the black gate...

I see in your eyes the same mountain that would take the heart of me. A

day may come when this laundry pile of mine overwhelms me, when I

forsake clean towels and break all scoops of soap, but it is not this

day. An hour of soiled shirts and dirty pants, when the laundry room

comes crashing down, but it is not this day. Today, I fold! For all of

the children in my house, and for my dear husband too, I tell you I will

sit, and fold my laundry!"

8 mountains tumbled, and I calculated my tribute to the state and federal rulers too. ;)

To this I say "Begone foul dwimmerlaik!"