Menu

Do you know what my husband just sprung on me

He just says "Honey, do you remember all those conversations we had about getting a hot rod and fixing it up as a hobby car?..."

:confused1:HOLD ON.... I remember NO such conversations, and trust me, I WOULD have remembered that!:glare:

So my question for you, has your DH ever tried anything like that on you???:001_huh:

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04

lol No. But if he wanted to fix up a hot rod, he'd talk to me about it. I don't have an issue with any of his current interests. It's not like he'd take money we don't have to do something like crazy-insane. My husband's hobbies are varied, but that makes him interestng. :tongue_smilie: LOL That's what i think on my good days. ;) But seriously, I want him to do what brings him joy. If that is a hot rod rebuild, that's fine wiith me. I really don't care, as he has never done anything unresonable or foolish.

Nope. It went the other way around for us. He promised me an engagement ring when he was working the next year. (He was studying at the time.) 18 months later, when I brought up the subject, he told me he no longer believed in marriage and had no recollection of having promised anything at all! You'd think a guy would remember to mention things like that!

:lol:

Rosie

18 months later, when I brought up the subject, he told me he no longer believed in marriage and had no recollection of having promised anything at all! You'd think a guy would remember to mention things like that!

:lol:

Rosie

Yeah! You'd think he'd remember proposing. Sigh. :grouphug: It it's any consolation my dh's proposal was, "so what do you think about signing up for pre-marital classes?" No joke. He never actually proposed, no engagement ring and I bought our wedding rings. I guess some guys miss the whole romance thing. ;) :D hehe But at least he appreciates muscle cars. ;) :D :auto:

Oh yeah, but much worse. He came home one day last year with a hotted up car, painted with gothic women and animals, that he bought off the side of the road. I nearly left him over it (I found it offensive, plus he didnt discuss spending the money first), but I didn't want to so we made a deal. I got one of these : http://thermomix.com.au instead- which cost about the same as the car and which I really wanted and knew he would never normally agree to.

So, the car sits in our carport and he takes it out now and then, and shows it off- it is a remarkable paint job- but I refuse to step foot in it.

But overall, I am happy with the deal :) I use the Thermomix every single day.

Oh yeah, but much worse. He came home one day last year with a hotted up car, painted with gothic women and animals, that he bought off the side of the road. I nearly left him over it (I found it offensive, plus he didnt discuss spending the money first), but I didn't want to so we made a deal. I got one of these : http://thermomix.com.au instead- which cost about the same as the car and which I really wanted and knew he would never normally agree to.

So, the car sits in our carport and he takes it out now and then, and shows it off- it is a remarkable paint job- but I refuse to step foot in it.

But overall, I am happy with the deal :) I use the Thermomix every single day.

Wow!! :eek: :svengo: You win! hehehe That thermomix looks amazing though.

Peela, we really need to see this car!

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

No, but I WISH he would. Fixing up an old American muscle car is a dream of mine! :drool5:

:iagree: metoo. My dad killed my '72 Dodge Charger...How was he to know it drank 1 qt of oil a day? Blew my engine...waaaaahhhhh!!! I would love to have my car back....maybe dh will take my hint for my

50th...hint....hint...hint!

~~faithe

Lol! One night when my dh came home from work, I asked him how his day was. He starts listing off what he'd done, and sneeks in "Oh, and I bought a house." :lol: He actually convinced the bank to give him a business loan (a small miracle!) and *bought* a rental house in 24 hours! We now have a rule: No buying of property without consulting your spouse first!!

My husband has had a 1964 truck in the garage for 15 years. He's "restoring it" ....wink, wink. I am a woman with no where to park my SUV except the driveway where it gets pelted in TX extreme weather. Ask me about the $4000 in hail damage we once had?:glare:

Yeah, as a matter of fact I pulled that on my wife just a few months ago. Man was she pi$$ed. But hey, I figure I take the bus to work, I ride my bike 125 miles a week come April to October. I'm healthy and I'm saving us a heck of a lot of money. So I said, "Honey, I'm sorry but I'm building an really, really, really expensive bicycle so I can ride really, really, really fast." It's more like a tricked out Ferrari bike only I have to make it move. Yeah, crazy I know. A bike worth more than my car, but it's my one last blast before we're poor.

my DH has been rebuilding muscle cars our whole marriage

When we first got married he restored a corvette and sold it

He went through a couple of mustangs, he finds them in rust bucket condition and totally restores them, keeps them a few years and sells them

He then went through the Pontiac Trans Am restoration period

His current muscle car is the 69 SS Camero. Which he has totally restored. He want sell this one. He is such a kid (46). He rides it around loving all the looks and all the people who come up offering to buy it or just ask about it

I don't know what his next project will be.

I'm married to a car guy too. In fact he recently sold his 66 Mustang GT Fastback so that he could buy me a nice safe mini-van. :001_wub: He still got a little hard-top out of the deal.:D Currently w/o interior as it's being restored in my living room.

I've lived w/o a garage to park in my entire marriage and that's okay with me. I've also lived with various car parts around my house and even found a carburator in my dishwasher once.:lol:

Love those car guys! I'd much rather lose him to the garage here at home than the golf course or to hunting or something!

:iagree: metoo. My dad killed my '72 Dodge Charger...How was he to know it drank 1 qt of oil a day? Blew my engine...waaaaahhhhh!!! I would love to have my car back....maybe dh will take my hint for my

50th...hint....hint...hint!

~~faithe

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I love Chargers too! They're awesome!! I hope your dh gets you one. Then we need pics for sure! :)

my DH has been rebuilding muscle cars our whole marriage

When we first got married he restored a corvette and sold it

He went through a couple of mustangs, he finds them in rust bucket condition and totally restores them, keeps them a few years and sells them

He then went through the Pontiac Trans Am restoration period

His current muscle car is the 69 SS Camero. Which he has totally restored. He want sell this one. He is such a kid (46). He rides it around loving all the looks and all the people who come up offering to buy it or just ask about it

I don't know what his next project will be.

Wow! I have to give him kudos for being able to sell them. I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd want to keep them all. Well, the 69 Camaro at least! :lol:

I'm married to a car guy too. In fact he recently sold his 66 Mustang GT Fastback so that he could buy me a nice safe mini-van. :001_wub: He still got a little hard-top out of the deal.:D Currently w/o interior as it's being restored in my living room.

I've lived w/o a garage to park in my entire marriage and that's okay with me. I've also lived with various car parts around my house and even found a carburator in my dishwasher once.:lol:

Love those car guys! I'd much rather lose him to the garage here at home than the golf course or to hunting or something!

Nice!! Fastbacks are awesome. That was so sweet he sold it to get you a minivan. :) That's love there! :)

Not so much as your dh did.

My dh, unfortunately, is a follower of the crowd. He will come home from work and announce some new thing or gadget he wants. I have learned to ask, "Who got a new____." But that is how we end up with things like a $250. single serve coffee pot when the free Gevaila pot he had for years worked perfectly fine. I got so tired of listening to him sigh over the stupid things when we went shopping.

So now the new thing is motorcycles. Apparently some of the guys at the new station ride. And one of the wives rides her own. Yeah, like that will convince me. He not only wants one for himself to ride, he wants me to also.

That isn't going to happen. If I ever get a vehicle that goes fast and is sporty. I will get a Mustang or if I win the lotto a Maseriti.

Lol! One night when my dh came home from work, I asked him how his day was. He starts listing off what he'd done, and sneeks in "Oh, and I bought a house." :lol: He actually convinced the bank to give him a business loan (a small miracle!) and *bought* a rental house in 24 hours! We now have a rule: No buying of property without consulting your spouse first!!

LOL I love it! Too funny (since it all worked out anyways)

Anyone ever listen to cartalk? Once they discussed how men keep these sorts of things secret from their wives. This guy that called in was asking about which car to buy or both. It was fun to listen to on a Saturday morning.

Oh yeah!! Click and Clack are hilarious. I could listen to them all day long. :)

We own a business building engines for people that do muscle cars. Its a never ending money drain. My DH tells people to NEVER add the receipts!!!

Lara

Yeah it is. The ideal situation of course is to have Chip Foose Overhaul it. :) Now that would be awesome beyond all that is awesome! :D

"Oh, and I bought a house." :lol: He actually convinced the bank to give him a business loan (a small miracle!) and *bought* a rental house in 24 hours! We now have a rule: No buying of property without consulting your spouse first!!

My grandfather did that to my grandmother! I'm not sure if they were still engaged, or only just married. Then he told her to go down to the bank and pay for it. He and her brother went off without telling her to look at land, which she was to pay for without even knowing the plan, let alone seeing the property! The cheeky guy was always broke from having to pay fines for being back to his ship late and having lost his hat so he couldn't pay for it himself.

Rosie