Menu

Had to share, I just put photos up of my new LIBRARY!!

Looks good!

The Rectory has a space that is similar--dh's office, now.

How did you organize your books?

Left side wall, deeper and wider shelves has curricula, Art, Music, Church History, Tolkien (who deserves his own section) ;) anthologies, and my own history books. As well as arts and crafts, home economics and over-sized misc.

Back wall, 1st 3 sections are top to bottom is Ancients, Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation, Colonial and Modern with my collection of Landmarks and vintage Childhood of Famous Americans. Other living books and literature interspersed among them.

Last section are all my favorite series, Elizabeth Peters, Clive Cussler, Robert Parker, Diana Gabaldon, David Eddings and a few others.

Right wall top two shelves are more of my old favorites that I finally was able to pull from the attic. My Pern books, my Darkover novels, the Spellsinger series, and a few others. The entire rest of that section is children s literature.

Right Middle, all Christian books. devotionals, theology, doctrinal, Bible studies, commentaries, missionary biographies, concordances and such.

And the last section on the right..

Top shelf, Natural History and field guides

Next shelf, writing and literature helps and guides, all my Leitharts, Asimov's Guide to Shakespeare, Cliff Notes, Strunk and White, stuff like that.

3rd shelf are classics

last shelf is my husbands stuff, The Dark Tower series, all his Tom Brown, his Handyman magazines, fishing guides and stuff.

:D:D