Menu

A small request?

I understand many people are concerned about giving away too much information on the internet. However, when asking or answering questions it is often *extremely* helpful for other people reading your posts to know how old your kids are or what grades they are in. Would everyone consider adding the ages of their children to their sig line?

I'm an oldest child of two oldest children *and* an Army wife. I have a very bossy personality, so if I'm being too controlling here you can tell me (I can take criticism, honestly!) and/or ignore me, I just think it would be generally helpful.

Thanks for reading, even if you decide I'm just being difficult! ;)

Doggone you're a bossy one aren't you! Demanding, geesh! :tongue_smilie:

LOL! Maybe my problem is less the demanding factor and more that I'm not skilled at cushioning said bossiness in lots of squishy loveliness. ;)

Good idea actually. I usually try to remember to stick it in there during the post. DUH, didn't think of putting it in my sig!

Love the header pic on your blog. What a gorgeous view that is!

I took that photo, myself! It's so easy to get beautiful photos, it's like living in a postcard.

Hhhmmmm. Now all this *bossiness* is going to make us feel like we HAVE to do it. :gnorsi:

:D

And there's always that part of me that just wants to rebel.

I will not conform... I will not conform... :willy_nilly:

Good idea, though. I like it! ;)

I've added my curricula (I think...mostly...I'll have to look at our lists to be sure) but now my sig is huge! lol!

Honestly, that's why I don't do it. I think it makes the signature too large and cumbersome. It's all about aesthetics! Not really, but my eyes glaze over when I see big siggys like that. (No tomatoes, please; I'm just being honest.)

Although, I don't have much to write as of yet. I'm only using OPGTR with my son so far. I kind-of have that covered in my signature.

Honestly, that's why I don't do it. I think it makes the signature too large and cumbersome. It's all about aesthetics! Not really, but my eyes glaze over when I see big siggys like that. (No tomatoes, please; I'm just being honest.)

OK, now I've adjusted it so that it's not so giant. Really, the gigantorness of it was bothering me. :D

I understand many people are concerned about giving away too much information on the internet. However, when asking or answering questions it is often *extremely* helpful for other people reading your posts to know how old your kids are or what grades they are in. Would everyone consider adding the ages of their children to their sig line?

I'm an oldest child of two oldest children *and* an Army wife. I have a very bossy personality, so if I'm being too controlling here you can tell me (I can take criticism, honestly!) and/or ignore me, I just think it would be generally helpful.

Thanks for reading, even if you decide I'm just being difficult! ;)

TOO FUNNY! I appreciate other first-borns. Let's face it, we're always right. If not, who dares correct the misnomer?

Seriously, it helps to know age (gender-sometimes) when discussing certain topics. ie How to handle bedwetting for a 4y/o is vastly different than a 12y/o.

Maybe my problem is less the demanding factor and more that I'm not skilled at cushioning said bossiness in lots of squishy loveliness. ;)

Yeah, it's that couching-it-in-the-niceties thing that escapes me.;)

You'll note I've always included my boys' ages. But I confess I rilly, rilly dislike it when people start listing curriculum in their sig line. It just gets wa-a-ay too cluttered. And even worse is the inclusion of a myriad of smilies, tickers, etcetera.

Yeah, it's that couching-it-in-the-niceties thing that escapes me.;)

You'll note I've always included my boys' ages. But I confess I rilly, rilly dislike it when people start listing curriculum in their sig line. It just gets wa-a-ay too cluttered. And even worse is the inclusion of a myriad of smilies, tickers, etcetera.

My song. You singing. :D

As a minimalist, I hate the look of a cluttered signature line. Frankly, it makes me nervous.:blink:

Plus, I really don't like for anyone to be the boss of me. :lol: