Menu

Secular Blogs, Where are they ?

StartingOver

We are a secular family and I am a new blogger as of January this year. I have a dd5 that began her K homeschool journey this past September. I am trying to document our studies and I am slowly adding to our blog with hopes of having our book lists and schedules up soon. I'm not sure if this is exactly what your are looking for but I thought I would post it just in case. It is hard to finding secular homeschoolers, so when I find a blog I usually follow.:001_smile:

Some ideas on finding secular or non-religious blogs:

check out the threads on secular curriculum and click on any blog links

google secular homeschool blogs

or Montessori homeschool blogs (many are preschool and Montessori materials can enhance the Classical homeschool experience)

or Waldorf homeschool blogs (now these are more likely to be delayed academics but are a nice resource)

When you do find a blog you like, check out not only the blogs that person follows but the people who follow that blog as well. (I have found a lot of neat blogs by clicking on links or followers.)

My blog is non-religious. I am Christian but I homeschool secularly but I also believe in delayed academics.

Hope this helps.:001_smile:

We are a secular family and I am a new blogger as of January this year. I have a dd5 that began her K homeschool journey this past September. I am trying to document our studies and I am slowly adding to our blog with hopes of having our book lists and schedules up soon. I'm not sure if this is exactly what your are looking for but I thought I would post it just in case. It is hard to finding secular homeschoolers, so when I find a blog I usually follow.:001_smile:

Thanks, adding you to my roll !!

I have a secular blog, but also host a list of Secular Thursday bloggers (secular homeschoolers who talk about secular topics on Thursdays, if that isn't obvious). There's also Secular Homeschool, which, granted, has a lot of unschoolers, but quite a few other classical homeschoolers, too!

I follow you smartmama, and Kash.... I am on Secular Homeschoolers too. I love the Secular Thursdays. Thanks !

Some ideas on finding secular or non-religious blogs:

check out the threads on secular curriculum and click on any blog links

google secular homeschool blogs

or Montessori homeschool blogs (many are preschool and Montessori materials can enhance the Classical homeschool experience)

or Waldorf homeschool blogs (now these are more likely to be delayed academics but are a nice resource)

When you do find a blog you like, check out not only the blogs that person follows but the people who follow that blog as well. (I have found a lot of neat blogs by clicking on links or followers.)

My blog is non-religious. I am Christian but I homeschool secularly but I also believe in delayed academics.

Hope this helps.:001_smile:

That's a new one Christy !! Thanks.

We're secular homeschoolers too, I don't post very much other than our weekly reports, but link is in the sig if you want to take a look.

Thanks, added it to my roll. I actually found you Saturday through someone elses blog. Meant to book mark it..... but forgot when we had a minor emergency last night. I think I commented on your school room make over.

Jana

I'm a secular homeschooler who follows WTM pretty closely. My blog is secular as well (link below), but it's also often irreverent and sarcastic, which may not be your cuppa. Also, I don't have as much time to post now that I'm teaching two. But I try to keep up.

My (much neglected) blog is secular. We do rigorous homeschooling, which is WTM-inspired. And I believe in the better early thing. There are some older things on my blog about homeschooling my younger son when he was in preschool.

• 1 month later...

We aim for secular. We're using CLE LA and Reading right now, but we gloss over the religious aspects of it because I think it's that great of a program. In a couple of years, I plan to switch to MCT. We use Sonlight Science this year, but any religious references in it are few and far between. (We're switching to Elemental Science next year, FWIW.)

So you're welcome to check out my blog if you want. :)

I'm a secular homeschooler doing preschool, Tot school and kindergarten. We're not fully into the WTM yet. I plan to start SOTW/HO, FLL and RSO when my son is 6 and younger daughter is 4 so we can do most of it together. For now, we do unit studies for history and science, with heavy emphasis on hands-on science.

My blog link is in my signature. I'm glad you posted this since I'm always looking for secular blogs to follow.

Can I add myself too. I mostly just babble.

It is in my sig.

Here's mine: http://ourcrazedlittleworld.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything on it :)

I will add mine, we are secular and preschool age. I plan on using WTM pretty closely.

www.greenacresacademy.blogspot.com

Mine's secular, but not always WTM! Link in sig...

So you're welcome to check out my blog if you want. :)

My blog link is in my signature. I'm glad you posted this since I'm always looking for secular blogs to follow.

Delurking to add mine to the list.

http://www.terrapoma.blogspot.com/

I got you all added, Thanks !

Can I ask what reader you use, and how you set it up? Thanks!

I use Google Reader.

Delurking to add mine to the list.

http://www.terrapoma.blogspot.com/

We're new homeschoolers, (and new bloggers) very WTM inspired. I recently pulled my 10 year old son from PS, and we are finally ending our deschooling period with him. I also have a 4 year old daughter who will be homeschooling from the get-go.

Adding yours to my reader now :)

... *delurks* ...

I'm so happy that you've asked about secular blogs!! I can't wait to check out the ones listed here later. I've been wondering about it all myself, but since my children are soooo young I didn't feel right commenting here.

My daughters are ~3.5 and ~2, I literally (this week) started doing formal preschool work with them, I'm not sure what in particular you're looking for in a blog :) but I try to list everything that we do "in class" as well as my own concerns or comments, so maybe mine will be useful: http://lovelearnplay.wordpress.com/

It's mostly just a link for my husband to see what we do, and for myself down the road to see that we are accomplishing something on those days where it will seem ... well, hard, foolish, impossible, pointless, you name it ;)

... *delurks* ...

I'm so happy that you've asked about secular blogs!! I can't wait to check out the ones listed here later. I've been wondering about it all myself, but since my children are soooo young I didn't feel right commenting here.

http://lovelearnplay.wordpress.com/

;)

Got yours !!

I am looking for any and all. I am an old homeschoolers, but have just started all over again. So I am out of the loop a bit. Two years ago I was nursing and infant and graduating the last of my older children. So many things have changed since I started with little ones. But I love to read secular homeschooling blogs period. Before you know it, these little ones will be highschoolers.

My years of homeschooling were based on the 1999 WTM ( with many of Sonlights selections for literature ), which is very different from the new 2009 version.

I'm more secular CM. My blog's in my sig.

We're secular here as well, and I'm trying to blog more often. I'm clicking away on all these links!

Got you both thanks !!

It has been a bit crazy around here, so I haven't been able to do much more than read. But I hope to get back to commenting and get to know you all a bit soon.