Menu

Prayer request for my 12 week old niece

My 12 week old niece, Ruby, is in PICU with RSV/pneumonia. While there, the doctors discovered a rare congenital heart defect called Truncus Arteriosus. Right now the doctors are waiting for her to get over the RSV so that she can be transported to MUSC for heart surgery.

We've set up a facebook group called Praying for Ruby to encourage my brother and sister-in-law with prayers and thoughts and to keep everyone updated on Ruby's progress.

Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes.

My 12 week old niece, Ruby, is in PICU with RSV/pneumonia. While there, the doctors discovered a rare congenital heart defect called Truncus Arteriosus. Right now the doctors are waiting for her to get over the RSV so that she can be transported to MUSC for heart surgery.

We've set up a facebook group called Praying for Ruby to encourage my brother and sister-in-law with prayers and thoughts and to keep everyone updated on Ruby's progress.

Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes.

Praying here...

My ds had RSV when he was 8 weeks old. It was horrible. We all had it so badly that the doctor sent me straight to the ER...

Praying for Baby Ruby!

Faithe

...connected to the lung? I have a niece with that, and just to encourage you, she had the surgery when she was 15 months old, and has been doing great with a tube ever since. She is now 11 years old, and quite active. She doesn't have to take any special drugs, and she sees a pediatric cardiologist annually.

The only thing is that she will have to have the tube replaced with a bigger one when she is a little older--probably around age 14--but they don't think she will need any more attention after that for the rest of her life.

• 2 weeks later...

New update about Ruby:

The doctors did genetic testing to determine whether or not the heart condition is caused by a chromosomal deletion. The test results show that Ruby has DiGeorge syndrome. This was very sad news as DiGeorge syndrome has lots of other life-long challenges besides the most immediate concern with her heart.

She's having trouble getting off the ventilator, so it looks like heart surgery is going to be sooner rather than later. We'd rather it be later to give her a chance to regain some of the strength she's lost over the past 2 1/2 weeks, though.

She is also having blood in her diapers and the doctors are being very aggressive is determining the cause. One very serious possibility is that she has necrotizing enterocolitis. Please pray that the blood is just irritation from her ventilator.

Thanks,

Robin

Praying for Ruby

New update about Ruby:

The doctors did genetic testing to determine whether or not the heart condition is caused by a chromosomal deletion. The test results show that Ruby has DiGeorge syndrome. This was very sad news as DiGeorge syndrome has lots of other life-long challenges besides the most immediate concern with her heart.

She's having trouble getting off the ventilator, so it looks like heart surgery is going to be sooner rather than later. We'd rather it be later to give her a chance to regain some of the strength she's lost over the past 2 1/2 weeks, though.

She is also having blood in her diapers and the doctors are being very aggressive is determining the cause. One very serious possibility is that she has necrotizing enterocolitis. Please pray that the blood is just irritation from her ventilator.

Thanks,

Robin

Praying for Ruby

I just joined the FB group and will be praying.