Menu

It's time for my PITY PARTY to be over

So the failed adoption hit me pretty hard and I have spent the last few days feeling really sorry for myself...wallowing in my sadness...I couldn't even bear to come on here and read about how you were all praying for me because it was just too hard.

They have decided to give the baby to a hindu family. My prayer now is that somehow that baby will hear the truth of Christ sometime in her life even though she will be raised in a non-christian family.

So it is time for the pity party to be over. I do not know why this happened except perhaps to open our family's heart to the possibility of adopting while here in Malaysia. It was not something we had really considered before and now we know that it is a real possibility.

The original call about the baby through us for a loop. I was excited, dh was apprehensive but excited. We both had a lot of what-if and how-will-we questions. But in the end our hearts said yes to the idea of a baby. So we have informed the orphanage that we would like to be considered for other opportunities if they should present themselves.

Until then, we will continue to help and minister to these orphanages in any way we can. This has been a lesson in trusting God and we want to glorify Him with our response to this situation (my pity party was NOT the way to do that).

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Thank you for all of your kind words and prayers. And anyone who would like to continue to pray with me that God would send another child to our family, I would appreciate it.

Blessed Be Your Name

In the land that is plentiful

Where Your streams of abundance flow

Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name

When I'm found in the desert place

Though I walk through the wilderness

Blessed Be Your name

Blessed be Your name

When the sun's shining down on me

When the world's 'all as it should be'

Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name

On the road marked with suffering

Though there's pain in the offering

Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out

I'll turn back to praise

When the darkness closes in, Lord

Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord

Blessed be Your name

Blessed be the name of the Lord

Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away

You give and take away

My heart will choose to say

Lord, blessed be Your name

James 1:2-4

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Heather, I can *so identify with your desire to have another child. My boys and my stepdaughter are the delights of my life. Still, I long for another. And because of a foolish decision my dh and I made before we were saved, having another biological child is very unlikely.

Bless you, dear Sister. The Lord hears your cries, and will answer them in His way, in His time.

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I have not posted much and not to you directly, your love of God is a beacon for all that follow the Lord-human weakness allows us to stumble, God picks us up, but a part of that is allowing God's will and you do that in all you live.....We pray for you, for her and your family

I will definitely continue to pray for you, your dh and your sons. I am so sorry for the unbelievable pain and disappointment, but I am struck with your passion to come alongside this orphanage and to hope for a daughter.

My pastor always says (not sure if it's "his" or if he borrowed this from someone else)...

"If you can't follow God's hand....trust His heart."

That certainly doesn't explain why this happened the way it did, but I think it's right.

I also think of the C.S. Lewis quote in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe...about how God isn't "safe", but He is good.

Thank you for sharing this part of your life with us. It's a privilege to ache with you and to pray for you.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I have prayed for you regarding this situation. When you mentioned in a previous post how you just didn't understand why God had allowed a situation that got your hopes up only to have them dashed, I was reminded of myself. I was experiencing a similar crisis a few years ago when it finally came to me after weeks of prayer and meditation that perhaps sometimes the things that happen to me are not about me. Perhaps in those cases I am merely an instrument that God chooses to use to work at that time in someone else's life. Possibly associated with something not at all related to the thing on which I am focusing.

You mentioned that you are praying that this child may someday hear the Gospel and her family also. This might have been all about her and them and God wanted your intercessory prayers to be the aroma that started the chain of events that will bring that to pass.

Just a thought. HTH