Menu

So, how many people got a Wii for Christmas?

My in-laws surprised the kiddos (& us) by getting them one that has Wii Sports with it. Today we got Wii Fitness Plus with a $100 gift card we got from someone else, so we're set for a while. All our kiddos: 16yob, 14yob twins, and 9.5yog all love it. I loved seeing 9.5yo girl whoop her brothers in Wii bowling! Fun having something other than board games that they ALL can play together.

Next games to get with Christmas return $ and upcoming birthdays:

Mario Kart

Star Wars Lego

Kimm

We did. Dh's family (mom, brother/wife, sister/husband) bought one for my kids, along with Wii Sport, Wii Play, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Dh and I bought Mario Kart. Ds bought Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes with Christmas money today. (He's telling me what to write, lol.)

So far, it's okay. I don't know, I have a bit of a learning curve, I guess...

We did. Today we successfully returned the Wii that didn't work on Christmas morning and bought a new one at Best Buy. Seems to work fine, though I've got a question about the guitar for Guitar Hero. It seems really, really touchy, and is making "strum" noises by itself, before the song actually starts (well, before those colored disc start to roll!) even when no one is touching the strum bar. Is this normal? Dd has played it a lot at a friend's house and doesn't remember that. Also, though she's able to play on the "Easy" level on her friend's guitar at her house, she's really skinkin' the joint up on ours. Is something wrong with the guitar, do you think?

astrid

We got one! We got Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Star Wars Clone Wars to go with it and the Wii Play game that came with a controller. It has been a huge hit! My parents and sister came over for Christmas Dinner last night. My sister AND my stepfather played it!!! Our favorite so far is the bowling on the Wii Sports game.

My mom got us the console which came with Wii Sports. Dh's mom got us come extra controllers, Call of Duty for dh, Wii Fit Plus for me. Since I knew we were getting the console, I bought Super Mario Bros. for me (us) and dd got Mario Galaxy.

My brother sent us a gift card and with that we have a couple more games coming.

Yes!

Wii, Wii fit plus, EA Sports, Mario Smash Brawl, dance/dance revolution, Toy Story Mania, and some Animal Hospital game. Plus 2 extra controllers and nun-chucks.....it was an expensive Christmas.

Fortunately, the Wii and Wii Fit plus were on a buy both for $289 and get a $50 Amazon gift card. We had another $65 Amazon gift card too. But it was still pricey.

Dawn

We are enjoying ours very much. I "pedaled" my little bicycle today (on the Resort game) until I thought my biceps would fall off. I sliced logs, loaves of bread, and giant sushi with my samurai sword, and worked up quite a sweat. I stunk at archery, though.

Lots of fun. I'm glad we took the plunge.

My mom bought one for us as a family gift. She also got Wii Fit Plus with the balance board, Mario Kart, and Legends of Zelda. I bought ds Wii Fit and a Naruto game, and dh a Shaun White snowboarding game. Obviously, I knew Mom was getting us a Wii!

We've been having fun with it, although I didn't do much with it today because my neck hurts.

Wendi

Count us in! Santa brought one with an extra game and an attachment set, plus Santa brought hubby and I each a game. Then my mom gave the kids two games to share. And my brother gave the kids a game. And then my mom gave my hubby a game with two attachments, one of which came with a game!!! We went from famine to feast in one day!! We got:

the sports attachment set

the rifle attachment

the crossbow attachment

Mario Kart

Wii Sports

Necco (?) Classic Games

Toy Story

Wii Music

Call to Duty

Zelda Twilight Princess

Active Personal Trainer

Link's Crossbow Trainer