Menu

What's for dinner tonight?

Pierogies. I make the frozen kind. They're on my list of 'things to learn to make homemade', LOL. I'll serve them with sour cream, fresh fruit, salad, and another green veggie for the non-salad eaters.

Not to hijack or anything, but I have no idea what you're *supposed to serve with pierogies. I'm not Polish. :D Does anyone know?

I am still using e-mealz.com for meal planning, so tonight we are having their Picante Chicken, (chicken covered with store bought Picante sauce) over brown rice + a side veggie.

How about turkey burgers with oven fries? Just add honey Dijon mustard or terriaki sauce to ground turkey meat mix and make patties.

Allrecipes.com has some good meatloaf recipes.

Yesterday there was a thread on this board with some great soup recipes.

We're having a roast, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I may also add a salad to that.

It was on the menu for yesterday but the roast didn't thaw fast enough so I had to go with plan B. Plan B is our favorite breakfast burritos...we always have those ingredients on hand.

We're doing breakfast for dinner tonight. Pancakes it is...I make a healthy whole grain kind. I'll make some fruit sauce to go over and maybe some sausage to go with. DS requested it and I didn't have a better idea, so we're going with it!

When we have pierogies, we make turkey burgers or kielbasa to serve with. Or I saute them with onions, add some kielbasa, canned diced tomatoes and some herbs and maybe some other veggies if we wanna be healthy.

Not sure- I work from 3 to 7, and the Dude is flying in late, so it either has to be already cooked or easy enough for the kids to do it.

Probably either a) leftover ham and bean soup, or b) marinated black pepper garlic chicken breasts, saffron rice, and spinach dal (which I would make before I go to work) with chapatis. Kids can do the rice and chicken.

Mmmm. Even though I'll be eating as late as 8 pm, the dal sounds good to me. I guess I better go have a kid pull chicken breasts out of freezer.................

We can have the soup for lunch.

Crock-pot dinner tonight.

I threw in some frozen green beans, pepper, added a splash of soy sauce and a splash of sherry, sprinkled in a bit of dry onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup ; mixed this all up and then dotted the top with spoonfuls of cream cheese.

Then I took out some pork chops and sprinkled both sides with a bit more of the dry onion soup mix, arranged them on top of the green beans, covered and set on high.

I hope it's ready in time for supper. And I hope it tastes good!

A restaurant we used to go to in China served it.

Laura

Now that I've discovered that a great Asian market is nearby, I've been trying a lot of new foods. I picked up some tonkatsu sauce and panko recently, and I had some pork cutlets in the freezer already. Sounded tasty! And ds is enamored with all things Japanese, since he loves anime and manga.

It will have to wait until tomorrow night, though, because I forgot to take the pork out of the freezer, and I have some pizza dough I want to use, so it will be homemade pizza tonight instead.

Wendi

I'm making tonkatsu (pork cutlet) with rice and green beans. (Although my tonkatsu will not be deep-fried, just sauteed in oil.)

Wendi

My son makes Okonomiyaki and then puts tonkatsu sauce on top of that. He's never made just tonkatsu.

When he used panko on pork cutlets, he makes Japanese Curry. I'll have to ask him about making tonkatsu for us; it sounds really good!

We're having a "valencia loaf" which appears to be made of spaghetti, breadcrumbs, ground almonds and onion. Never made it before, but I expect it to be edible. It's pretty plain, but we needed something to have with the turnips in date syrup we'll also be having, assuming dh can find date syrup at the shops. That recipe is from my new Jewish cookbook, but there is no mention about what one is supposed to serve with them, so the valencia loaf and salad. Salad goes with everything.

A common way to prepare them is to fry them with butter and then top them with fried onions and bacon served with sour cream. I love perogies.

I take it that is not acceptable procedure when eating cherry pierogi? Heheh. I sprinkled them with icing sugar and they went down well.

:)

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

My mom saved my unmotivated backside and brought dinner for us. She brought over roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed veggies, and a fruit pizza for the kids' dessert. Now I have to motivate myself to fix breakfast tomorrow. Where is the "off" switch for a kid's stomach?