Menu

what have you baked so far this week?

lynn

I made 2 batches of fudge(peanutbutter/chocolate mint and pumpkin pie), not the condensed milk kind but branched out and and gave the boil to 234 degrees kind and they actually came out for the first time EVER. I am currently making pumpkin cookies and will be making pumpkin pie, snickerdoodles and cherry oatmeal cookies.

Nothing. We get together with friends for Thanksgiving. I'm doing the turkey (brining as I speak), stuffing (will mix it up tonight) and the gravy.

Just finished 2 apple pies (about to come out of oven) and 1 pumpkin pie (almost left out the milk - was wondering why I needed to spread the filling...). That includes crusts from scratch.

I'm proud of crusts from scratch.

I'm also tired.

On the plus side, if I mangle the turkey tomorrow, we'll have pie to eat and I think everyone else will still be happy.

Oh... I made breadcrumbs earlier this week.

Five yo dd and I just finished making "Grandmother's Famous Cranberry Bread (recipe in the back of the Cranberry Thanksgiving book by Wende and Harry Devlin). Older daughter is in the kitchen now making cupcakes with espresso buttercream frosting. I will be baking a pumpkin pie when the kitchen is free again.

Just 5 pumpking pies. I still need to make another pumpkin pie, 2 French Silk pies, and a blackberry pie.

But, tomorrow, I'm making turkey, garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberries, green beans, and jello salad for the staff and students at our base. It's only 20 people this year--in years past it's been up to 125, so I get a break!

Nothing! I am longing for my own kitchen! We are still in the hotel and will likely be till after the first of the year....all my plans for gingerbread cookies and stuff will have to wait.

I went to the 'Pie Gourmet' and purchased all the pies I am bringing to our hostess' home today. And, I have purchased their pies in the past and put them into mny own pie plates and passed them off as my own, but this year it's not the same. :sad: