Menu

My Strange lunch

That's what my husband calls it. Have you ever gotten on a kick for a particular combination of food and you just couldn't get enough. My husband came home for a quick hello, I was making my lunch. He came over and said, " Is that your lunch.....do you eat that a lot.....that's really strange". He left me wondering how strange it was. I have been craving (no I am not pregnant) home fries sauteed in olive oil, and when they get almost crispy I throw in a couple of big handfuls of fresh crispy green beans. I add kosher salt and garlic and as soon as the green beans warm I give myself a huge heaping plate and wash it down with a cup of green tea. I think it's yummy!!! What is your secret combinations? Com'on inspire me , I am always looking for new ones:)

I've been on a kick of eating a toasted bagel with roasted garlic hummus and a slice of tomato on top. I can't seem to NOT eat this for lunch these days. :001_smile:

I got on a kick a while back of eating a baked potato with garlic toast on the side every day.

Yes, I LOVE garlic. My poor kids.

I've been on a kick of eating a toasted bagel with roasted garlic hummus and a slice of tomato on top. I can't seem to NOT eat this for lunch these days. :001_smile:

I got on a kick a while back of eating a baked potato with garlic toast on the side every day.

Yes, I LOVE garlic. My poor kids.

I love garlic too! Do you make your own garlic hummus? That sounds like something I would really like.

I happen to like potatoes and green beans together, so it sounds very tasty to me!

I like dip fritos scoops into low fat cottage cheese.

Scoops I like, but cottage cheese I can only eat with crushed pineapple. I have tried it with other stuff but, it tastes like a dessert when I add pineapple.:D

I have gone many major kicks with mashed avo and cheese sandwiches. Add a little lemon juice, some lettuce, a sliced tomato, a little handful of spouts and it's done. Very yummy.

Ohhh, I LOVE avocado! sounds a little like deconstructed guacamole...lol

Well, I don't think it's weird, but the rest of my family does--pad thai. I can't get enough! The sauce is a combination of rice wine vinegar, sugar, peanut butter, cilantro, ginger, and fish sauce. I cook up some spaghetti, some vegies (bean sprouts, peppers, green onion, cabbage, etc), and some shrimp, and then mix it all with the sauce. I put hot chili paste on top, and I'm in seventh heaven!

I *always* go through food phases where I eat something all the time until I get sick of it. :lol: The most recent ones are pistaschio fluff, salt and vinegar chips with ranch dip, cream cheese on wheat thins with cranberry chutney, [even better with salami on the side] and mashed banana mixed with peanut butter....and eaten with a spoon, no bread. :D

Watermelon and cottage cheese.

Peanut butter and banana sandwich with mayonnaise on the banana side (on whole wheat bread, must be with milk to drink).

I had a friend who loved Fritos dipped in sugar. My grandfather used to pour orange juice on his cereal rather than milk.

I crave pickles and olives stuffed with garlic--I can make do with plain green olives, but I'll eat them by the spoonful, about 1/3 of a small jar at a time. Don't know why. It's been 3 years like this.

My kids all make fun of me. I like the olives in tuna, too, which isn't that weird.

That's what my husband calls it. Have you ever gotten on a kick for a particular combination of food and you just couldn't get enough. My husband came home for a quick hello, I was making my lunch. He came over and said, " Is that your lunch.....do you eat that a lot.....that's really strange". He left me wondering how strange it was. I have been craving (no I am not pregnant) home fries sauteed in olive oil, and when they get almost crispy I throw in a couple of big handfuls of fresh crispy green beans. I add kosher salt and garlic and as soon as the green beans warm I give myself a huge heaping plate and wash it down with a cup of green tea. I think it's yummy!!! What is your secret combinations? Com'on inspire me , I am always looking for new ones:)

Well, er . . . sometimes around in these here parts, home fries means, er, well, fried testicles. I think primarily from a bull but maybe other animals. Gotta say, even if I weren't a vegetarian I'd want to call that strange.

Is that what you were eating? It would certainly explain your husband's response.

Oh, goodness we have some weird tastes on here. I love it!

Sometimes I think it's just easier to grab the same favorite combo day after day for lunch especially. I love no-brainer lunches.

My lunch combo for months was a peeled orange and handful of pistachios. Easy, healthy, didn't make me sleepy! I should go back to that.:001_huh:

Last week I kept falling back on this: Olive Oil & Black Pepper Trisquits spread with regular cream cheese and a pile of Mezzetta deli-style Zesty Bell Pepper Relish. It was like fire and ice.

I really, really should have used fat-free cream cheese, though.

Well, er . . . sometimes around in these here parts, home fries means, er, well, fried testicles. I think primarily from a bull but maybe other animals. Gotta say, even if I weren't a vegetarian I'd want to call that strange.

Is that what you were eating? It would certainly explain your husband's response.

:ack2: Ewwwwww, no I meant julienne sliced potatoes. I can't even imagine what those would taste like.

I crave pickles and olives stuffed with garlic--I can make do with plain green olives, but I'll eat them by the spoonful, about 1/3 of a small jar at a time. Don't know why. It's been 3 years like this.

My kids all make fun of me. I like the olives in tuna, too, which isn't that weird.

Oh, you reminded me of a weird combo. I haven't had it since college but it was deli ham on white bread with sliced green olives. Then I smashed the bread so it was paper thin. I must try that again and see if I still like it.:)