Menu

Ok, Halloween's done. Let's talk about Christmas movies!

All of the old favorites which get played a lot but I still love them and have them all on dvd:

It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story

Holiday Inn

White Christmas

A Christmas Carol- 1938 version

All the old Rankin Bass movies: Rudolph, etc.

Miracle on 34th Street

I know we have more but I'm too sick to get off the couch and check.

Ebbie (a bit "cheasy" but I liked it)

Grandpa for Christmas

The Note

Christmas Card

Boyfriend for Christmas

The Christmas Blessing

Christmas Choir

Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart

Family Man

Don't forget all the Christmas specials:

Waltons

Little House

and others

Edited by HollyDay
left one out

First of all... honey you are WAY early for the Christmas threads! :)

Second... you'll shoot your eye out, kid! I LOVE Christmas Story.

The dogs eating the turkey? That was us one year, except it was our own dogs.

My kids and I watched A Christmas Story a few days ago. We watch White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life year round. I also love Muppets Christmas Carol.

song makes makes me cry every time. Seeing grumpy old Scrooge break down gets me every time! My kids also like to watch all the old claymation movies. My least favorite being Jack Frost. They watch it over and over!!!

A Christmas Story. Hands down my FAVORITE!!!!! I love Ralphie. I don't do sappy Christmas movies. To me, they give unrealistic expectations of Christmas. I like the edgier ones. Especially "Bad Santa". And don't forget "Rudolf". I love Christmas! Perhaps I will be inspired by this thread to start Christmas shopping.

A Christmas Story. Hands down my FAVORITE!!!!! I love Ralphie. I don't do sappy Christmas movies. .

There is only 1, yes only 1, Christmas movie allowed in my house (unless I'm at work) and it is A Christmas Story.You can get more CHristmas than Ralphie. Even though I have it on dvd, I still turn on the 24 hours of A Christmas Story every year and torture my kids with it. Fa Ra Ra and a Red Rider BB gun.

There is only 1, yes only 1, Christmas movie allowed in my house (unless I'm at work) and it is A Christmas Story.You can get more CHristmas than Ralphie. Even though I have it on dvd, I still turn on the 24 hours of A Christmas Story every year and torture my kids with it. Fa Ra Ra and a Red Rider BB gun.

Oh yes! My kids will either love this movie or spend thousands of dollars erasing this movie from their memories in therapy.

We love all the old classics, Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Carol (Alastair Sims is our fav), Christmas in Connecticut, as well as A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and all the cartoon specials. Two that we just discovered last year are The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey and The Bishop's Wife. They are both very sweet stories.

It's a Wonderful Life

The Santa Clause--all 3 of them

Christmas With the Cranks

Elf

A Christmas Story

A Christmas Carol--all of them--the George C. Scott one is my fav

A Walton Christmas--it was made before the TV show. Patricia Neal plays Olivia.

Christmas Vacation

How the Grinch Stole Christmas--cartoon one

Rudolph

Frosty

Charlie Brown Christmas

Home Alone--1 & 2

The Christmas List--TV movie

A Smokey Mountain Christmas--TV movie w/Dolly Parton

Unlikely Angel--another TV movie w/Dolly Parton--but I love both of the movies!

The Sound of Music--not Christmas, but family tradition to watch it during the Holidays

Gone With the Wind--same as above

Early 1990's Christmas toy commercials!

My dad video taped Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for my oldest when she was little and my kids LOVE to watch it because of the commercials. When I suggested buying the DVD and replacing the video tape, I about had a riot on my hands. They confessed that they love the commercials. They go around singing, "My Buddy, my Buddy, my Buddy and me. Kid Sister, kid Sister...." My youngest didn't realize that these were ancient commercials and asked for some of the toys for Christmas. ;)

Edited by PollyOR

Early 1990's Christmas toy commercials!

." My youngest didn't realize that these were ancient commercials and asked for some of the toys for Christmas. ;)

Same thing has happened here! I tapes some cartoons for my sister (now 19) and pulled them out for my kids to watch. They asked for something (can't remember what) and said they had never seen anything like it. :lol:

Scrooge (Alastair Sim, and only Alastair Sim)

Blackadder's Christmas Carol

Merry Christmas Mr. Bean

A Christmas Story

Grinch/Rudolf/Frosty etc. (we have two sets)

the kids watch various version of the Nutcracker Ballet repeatedly

Box of Delights (BBC version; Hollywood is unfortunately about to butcher it)

The Star Wars Holiday Special (for giggles)

The Smoking Room Christmas Special (not for kids)

Bad Santa (definitely adults only)

First of all... honey you are WAY early for the Christmas threads! :)

Second... you'll shoot your eye out, kid! I LOVE Christmas Story.

The dogs eating the turkey? That was us one year, except it was our own dogs.

Well, it never hurts to get a good kick-off to the season! And, if I beef up my netflix queue early, I might actually get to see some of these before Christmas. :D