Menu

Finally feeling the love for Singapore Math!

Tidbits of Learning

Oh wow! I am so much more impressed with Singapore math now that I finally have all the things recommended to teach it.

I had started Singapore this summer using it with an all-in-one curriculum and just never could feel the love for it. I asked over and over again whether I needed the Home Instructor's guides or any of the extras. Each time was told no you can do it with just the "activities" in this curriculum and it will work great.

Well, I wound up trying R&S after this summer b/c I didn't know how to teach or really understand what Singapore was asking me to ask the kids to do to learn math. That was a huge fiasco.

After some serious searching and asking lots of questions about math programs, I decided we would go back to Singapore (plus Miquon) but this time with all the recommendations!! It is so much more than I thought it was with just the workbooks. The home instructor's guide really makes a big difference.

I am very excited to try Singapore again and can't wait to fully read through the guide and their schedule for the textbook, workbook, and cd-rom. I am so glad that I gave Singapore another shot.

Oh wow! I am so much more impressed with Singapore math now that I finally have all the things recommended to teach it.

I had started Singapore this summer using it with an all-in-one curriculum and just never could feel the love for it. I asked over and over again whether I needed the Home Instructor's guides or any of the extras. Each time was told no you can do it with just the "activities" in this curriculum and it will work great.

I have seen people say that as well, and I always wonder if they have even tried the HIG. The HIG guides the whole instruction and the books are only reinforcement. I don't think just doing the text & workbooks is really doing "Singapore Math" at all.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
I have seen people say that as well, and I always wonder if they have even tried the HIG. The HIG guides the whole instruction and the books are only reinforcement. I don't think just doing the text & workbooks is really doing "Singapore Math" at all.

:iagree:

I can totally see how people feel that doing Singapore with just the workbook and textbook is enough but for us it would be too workbooky and not enough of a program. It does complete the program for us, and I do mean complete.

I know that if I didn't have the HIG, we wouldn't stay with Singapore and I might be commenting on how it wasn't a good fit for DS. It's because of the HIG that it's a good fit. All the people who think Singapore doesn't have enough drill probably haven't used the HIG with all the Mental Math exercises and flash card practice. DS6 lives for the thrill of drill! He tolerates the workbook and textbook but the activities, games, etc. in the HIG are what make the program for him.

I can't remember what lesson we were on, but one of the activities in the HIG inspired him to make "Number Bond Art" where he created beautiful illustrations of number bonds to show all the numbers that could equal 10, 9, 8, etc. Very cool! I love Singapore.

Also, I'm embarrassed to say that I bought Saxon (to compare and for the drill everyone said Singapore didn't have) and MOTL (for reinforcement and added fun). Well, I feel like I'm ready to put them both up for sale because Singapore has conceptual understanding, activities, and drill enough for us.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

I'm so glad to hear this. I just started using Singapore with my kids. My oldest is using TT5, but will finish up in about 6 weeks and I didn't want to move him onto TT6 yet. I think he could use more in the way of problem solving skills. My dd is using McRuffy which is wonderful but saw ds's singapore books and wanted to do that math too, so she'll do both.

We've only done 2 days of Singapore, but after hearing your experiences I'm really looking forward to getting into it more.

Now I want to go get out my HIGs and read them cover to cover. Does that make me a homeschool weirdo?:001_huh:

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Now I want to go get out my HIGs and read them cover to cover. Does that make me a homeschool weirdo?:001_huh:

No, it makes you very sensible! Be sure to have the textbook and workbook handy when you do. I find that looking at what the kids will be seeing helps me understand the HIG better.

By the way, :lol:, because I bought the Saxon from you!

I thought Singapore didn't have any drill b/c of the curriculum that I had been using it with came with cheesy, kiddy activities to do and then you did a workbook page.

Looking at the HIG for 3a/3b I can see how my kids will drill and learn the facts. I had switched to R&S 3 thinking that was best to get the drill and memorization, but with the HIG now I can totally see all that Singapore has to offer.

I am definitely going to go through my HIG with a highlighter and really learn the singapore method. It is so very interesting now compared to me doing a cheesy activity and then trying to have dc do an exercise in Singapore workbook without me really understanding Singapore.

I am really kind of grumpy that the other curriculum gave off the idea that you were doing Singapore math and it was no where even close to Singapore Math.

Edited by OpenMinded

Guest RecumbentHeart

I kind of had this happen too. A friend loaned me a textbook to look at (she actually only uses the text books, no work book even) and I looked through and was kind of like ... meh *yawn* I don't see the big deal ... but then another friend gave me a sample of books to borrow once she finished 1st grade with her daughter and I got to see the HiG as well as the text and work book and I was reconverted. :D

Just like it's imperative IMO to have all the Miquon teachers materials to teach that program, so is it vital to have the HIGs when using Singapore.

I too read (many times) that the HIGs are not necessary. Boy am I glad I didn't follow that advice.

BTW, Jenny at Singaporemath (who wrote the HIGs) did a substantial upgrade for the "Standards Edition" HIGs so for those in a quandary about which version of Primary Math to order, the updated HIGs could tip the balance toward the SE edition.

Bill

No, it makes you very sensible! Be sure to have the textbook and workbook handy when you do. I find that looking at what the kids will be seeing helps me understand the HIG better.

By the way, :lol:, because I bought the Saxon from you!

:lol:

I did get out my HIGs, TB and WBs right after my last post and poured over them for 1A. There is lots of fun stuff in that HIG I can't wait to get to.

BTW, Jenny at Singaporemath (who wrote the HIGs) did a substantial upgrade for the "Standards Edition" HIGs so for those in a quandary about which version of Primary Math to order, the updated HIGs could tip the balance toward the SE edition.

Bill

Yup--we switched to the standards edition at 3B in part because of the updated HIGs. They are awesome!

Would you say more about this? Also, I know you have highly recommended RS Math Games for drill. Do you still think these are needed if one has the HIG for Singapore?

Everyone is talking about how important the HiGs are to understand SM and their teaching methods. Does that hold true for 1A and 1B? Should I get the HiG when I order those? I do want to take the time to understand and pass it on to my dd so should I start at 1A and 1B?

Thanks!

Everyone is talking about how important the HiGs are to understand SM and their teaching methods. Does that hold true for 1A and 1B? Should I get the HiG when I order those? I do want to take the time to understand and pass it on to my dd so should I start at 1A and 1B?

Thanks!

Wow! I ordered my 1a/1b from sonlight and they didn't offer the HIG's for 1a/1b and made it seem like K and 1a/1b didn't have home instructor's guides.

Guess I am ordering more books this weekend.

My 3a/3b came with the HIG, textbooks, workbooks, and flashcards. My 1a/1b came with textbooks, workbooks, hundreds chart, clock, and flashcards only. No HIG. So will have to get 1a/1b HIG from somewhere else.

Edited by OpenMinded

I absolutely love this program! It is so nice to hear others that love it as much as I do. I personally think it is the best program out there. I also love that my son scores so high in math in the IOWAs with Singapore. I personally love the word problems. I am obsessed with word problems in math. I personally feel that that is the key to taking the SATs because the SATs have mostly word problems for the math part. It would be nice to know how to tackle any word problem. I feel that this program preps you.

My older son is almost at the end of the Primary Mathematics series. We are moving on to New Elementary Math.

Once again, it is nice to see a fellow Singaporean.:lol:

Blessings in your homeschooling journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony:)

Guest RecumbentHeart

Thanks!

I haven't used them, only looked through them but getting to read through the HiG for 1A rather than just looking at the textbook is what made me change my mind back to using Singapore so to me it's important.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Everyone is talking about how important the HiGs are to understand SM and their teaching methods.

OK, I think the way this is phrased just gave me a light bulb moment about the whole HIG vs no HIG thing. It seems that some people don't buy the HIG because they view it as an optional part of the program when, in fact, it's the operating manual for the whole program. The workbook and textbooks are just parts of the program. The HIG's purpose isn't only to help you understand SM and the teaching methods (although it definitely does that!). It actually lays out the program, meaning that it tells you what to do and how to do it, with lots of details, extra activities, drill, games and a schedule.

And so, yes, get it. :)

Are the HIG's you are talking about the ones that that Sonlight sells or the ones that are on the Singapore math site? Or are they both the same? We are using Singapore 2A right now and a friend of mine loaned me her HIGs for Level 2. I didn't think I would need them. Maybe I will pull them out and look in them as well. Thanks for posting this!

:iagree:

I can totally see how people think doing Singapore with just the workbook and textbook is enough (because they don't know what they're missing and/or might just be looking for quick and easy) but for us it would be too workbooky and not enough of a program. I can also see how people can own the HIG and not use it because they haven't really sat down to read and understand it or they can't get motivated to really get into it (because I have soooo been there!)...BUT, it does complete the program for us, and I do mean complete.

I have several of the HIGs and one of the guides made for teachers. I *have* read them. We don't use them. I found, after reading the lesson in the textbook, that the HIG added absolutely nothing I couldn't deduce from the text itself. YMMV, of course, but there *really are* people who are using the textbook/workbook combo and NOT missing out on "the Singapore method."

Thanks!

Guest Alte Veste Academy
I have several of the HIGs and one of the guides made for teachers. I *have* read them. We don't use them. I found, after reading the lesson in the textbook, that the HIG added absolutely nothing I couldn't deduce from the text itself. YMMV, of course, but there *really are* people who are using the textbook/workbook combo and NOT missing out on "the Singapore method."

I'm very sorry if I offended you. Everyone makes different choices in homeschooling and I'm glad you've found a way that works for you. As I said in my original post, it is the HIG that makes Singapore a good fit for us.

However, to be fair to those considering whether or not to buy the HIG (and I was one myself not long ago), it is confusing for them to hear you say that it "added absolutely nothing I couldn't deduce from the text itself" when the reality is that there is a great deal in the HIG that goes over and above and deeper than what is in the TB/WB. If you're saying that you feel you can teach from the TB and WB just fine and that those elements are enough for you in and of themselves, without the extras contained in the HIG, that's obviously a valid opinion on the subject. However, your statement implies that a person could figure out everything in the HIG just with the workbook and textbook. I can't imagine how that's possible. There are things in the HIG that are just not in the TB/WB.

As to your last sentence, who am I to say? I'm not the SM police and I wasn't judging anyone. I certainly didn't mean to imply that everyone who ever read the HIG would love it or that people who didn't use it were somehow Singapore frauds. I was just agreeing with the OP that for me (and obviously many other folks), the HIG did make all the difference in making SM a complete curriculum.

You misunderstand me. I am not offended. I am simply offering another perspective to the one that has been repeated here. It is *obviously* true for many that the HIGs have added a lot to their Singapore experience. I do not intend to belittle that. Instead, I just wanted to share that there are those out there who are not using the HIGs, but STILL get the Singapore Math experience. (I understood, from two posters, that they couldn't imagine how one could use the Singapore method without benefit of the HIG.)

As I said, YMMV!

:)

Also, we've used Singapore's Math (Earlybird and Primary Math through, currently, 5A) and love it! I am glad to hear that the OP has felt the love for the program too! It's really been a hugely wonderful curriculum for my family.

I'm very sorry if I offended you. Everyone makes different choices in homeschooling and I'm glad you've found a way that works for you. As I said in my original post, it is the HIG that makes Singapore a good fit for us.

However, to be fair to those considering whether or not to buy the HIG (and I was one myself not long ago), it is confusing for them to hear you say that it "added absolutely nothing I couldn't deduce from the text itself" when the reality is that there is a great deal in the HIG that goes over and above and deeper than what is in the TB/WB. If you're saying that you feel you can teach from the TB and WB just fine and that those elements are enough for you in and of themselves, without the extras contained in the HIG, that's obviously a valid opinion on the subject. However, your statement implies that a person could figure out everything in the HIG just with the workbook and textbook. I can't imagine how that's possible. There are things in the HIG that are just not in the TB/WB.

As to your last sentence, who am I to say? I'm not the SM police and I wasn't judging anyone. I certainly didn't mean to imply that everyone who ever read the HIG would love it or that people who didn't use it were somehow Singapore frauds. I was just agreeing with the OP that for me (and obviously many other folks), the HIG did make all the difference in making SM a complete curriculum.

BTW In your parentheses, you directly stated that those not using the HIGs didn't know what they were missing or were just looking for quick and easy. I wanted to offer another perspective: that I *had indeed* read the HIGs and so I *do* know what's in there. (Sometimes people "know what they're missing" but choose to "miss it" because it's just the right choice for them. It's not necessarily about quick and easy, either.)

Edited by zaichiki

Would you say more about this? Also, I know you have highly recommended RS Math Games for drill. Do you still think these are needed if one has the HIG for Singapore?

I did notice some games in the Standards Edition Year One HIGs that were similar to some of the Right Start games. Still the Right Start games are so varied, and I expect will be a great value for a long time that I'd hesitate to give them up.

But there are many good activities in the HIGs.

Bill

Thanks!

I think so. I'm very happy to have the HIGs for 1A and 1B.

Bill

The best part of this board is that it seems to be the last bastion of " there is more than one way" to learn and there fore TIMTOW to home school.

I am a workbook textbook Singapore Mathie but bought the HIG for some books as i thought i might need it with certain dc. I love SM and would go to all the supports if I felt the desire.

hurray for the multiple way:grouphug:

I've read mine twice and have made notes in two different colored pencils. I even go over the past lessons and make notes on what worked and what he really enjoyed (if hubby's daughter ends up hs and doing Singapore, I'll give the books to her).

I like the HIG, but if kiddo is "getting" something, we just move on. It is during dry patches that the HIG is useful, for me.

So, if you go to the park and see 20 young women on cell phones, and one very middleaged strawberry blonde with reading glasses and HIG, you'll know it is me. :)

I think it works better when you start from the beginning. I started my daugther later on and she just didn't 'get' the new way of learning. IT was soo stressful for her and me so I went back to 'normal' math and now she is happy. It has some mental/thinking problems that sadly I don't get but she will and she is doing 4th grade work. I am hoping to do Singapore with my younger two.

I think it works better when you start from the beginning. I started my daugther later on and she just didn't 'get' the new way of learning. IT was soo stressful for her and me so I went back to 'normal' math and now she is happy. It has some mental/thinking problems that sadly I don't get but she will and she is doing 4th grade work. I am hoping to do Singapore with my younger two.

I've noticed this also. With my ds6.5 who had Montessori schooling for 2 years, he picked up Earlybird Kindergarten quckly and did it over the summer. He will finish EK 2B on Thursday and we started June 1. My dd8 who is just a mental math kid picked up Singapore like a person thirsting to death in the desert and Singapore was the water, but my dd9 (4th grade) has had the most trouble transitioning.

She was so used to the memorization and "traditional" math in ps that it is hard for her to think outside the box. Yet, she doesn't "know" math from the traditional way. She can't work word problems well and doesn't seem to know what they are asking her to find. Also Singapore introduces the concept of multiplication and division in the 2nd semester of 1st grade instead of 3rd grade like traditional math. I definitely recommend the placement tests. My going into 4th grade daughter tested into Singapore at 2b and my going into 3rd grade daughter tested into Singapore at 2a (both honor roll students in math at ps). They have went through them rather fast though. Both have almost completed a semester during the summer.

I'm going to give her another placement test today and we are picking up Singapore 3a/3b and Miquon together to try and help her to transition to mental math easier. I find the HIG most helpful with her. It helps me to really help her to get Singapore. She was ingrained in the, "But Mom, we didn't do it that way at school"...mindset...so I am very happy to have games and mental math exercises to help her with Singapore. I honestly believe Singapore and Miquon will help with abstract concepts for higher math like Algebra and Geometry.

I would definitely say that Singapore is a year ahead and would not recommend starting without using the placement tests. I definitely need the placement tests and HIG's to help my oldest daughter and well myself b/c I learned with Abeka all the way to 6th grade and then BJU to 10th and then public school algebra to calculus. So I didn't get a lot of mental math and still have a hard time with abstract concepts.

Edited by OpenMinded

I got an HIG once. It didn't look "open-and-go" but rather like something I was supposed to wade through each night and figure out what I really needed to do. Perhaps I was wrong? There was a lot of small print. When I tried to read it, I got very bored and I almost fell asleep - really. Maybe I sound shallow, but it's true. I got rid of it on PaperBackSwap.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
BTW In your parentheses, you directly stated that those not using the HIGs didn't know what they were missing or were just looking for quick and easy.

Yes, that was very poorly phrased on my part, so I deleted that part of my original post. I was just stating some scenarios that I could imagine, not trying to cover the entire range of possibilities for people's feelings about Singapore.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

I got an HIG once. It didn't look "open-and-go" but rather like something I was supposed to wade through each night and figure out what I really needed to do. Perhaps I was wrong? There was a lot of small print. When I tried to read it, I got very bored and I almost fell asleep - really. Maybe I sound shallow, but it's true. I got rid of it on PaperBackSwap.

I can understand wanting open and go, but with math and certain subjects I can't see open and go as being an advantage. What I mean is...the teacher's guides that teachers use (at schools) are definitely not open and go. They have to create lesson plans and develop a schedule. Everything in a guide is just that a guide. They are suggestions. Wading through and trying and seeing what works for your child is the whole point of the guide.

I want to get the guides and learn all that I can. They teach so differently than when we were in school in order to get the algebraic concepts and ideas down in a younger grade. They teach 10 different ways to add 2 numbers. They don't teach borrowing anymore they teach regrouping. I remember my child having difficulty with regrouping in the 2nd grade at ps. So I taught her to borrow and carry the old-fashioned way. She caught on and could do the problems, but come test time it asked if you had __ number and ___number would you need to regroup. Well looking at it like that, she had no idea. I hadn't taught her how to regroup and when you need to regroup and why. I had taught her to borrow and carry. Could she do the math problems? Yes. Did she understand the why behind it? No.

I am sure that the teachers had to study and learn how to teach math differently and teach it well so that the child can understand the new math. That is how I see the HIG for Singapore. Of course, I could teach the kid's 3rd grade math, but would I be teaching them the new way that math is done or Singapore's unique method of looking at the abstract idea first instead of rote memorization.

Now that I have the instructors guides, I can see the set up for the higher math and I do think it will require me embracing the singapore methood of math and thinking. Of course I could do math quickly the way that I learned it back in school and show them how without the instructor's guide, but that would be defeating my purpose for choosing this math program. I honestly believe it will give my children a definite advantange when they get to higher math.

As I have read through different books, nothing sticks out in my mind as much as a sentence in the Life Skills section of the Montessori guidebook I have bought, "To an adult these tasks may appear very simple because once mastered they are carried out automatically. But your child will experience a sense of accomplishment and self-worth when she/he is able to carry out these activities independently."

I want my children to be able to touch and feel math and to be able to see the complex math instead of falling asleep as the college professor drones on and on in Calc.

Having looked through the HIG already, I don't think this will be the case, but if I have to drink caffeine and make myself stay awake to figure out a teacher's guide or to get the benefits of a teacher's guide then I say bring on the Mountain Dew and get me a highlighter.

Edited by OpenMinded

Yes, that was very poorly phrased on my part, so I deleted that part of my original post. I was just stating some scenarios that I could imagine, not trying to cover the entire range of possibilities for people's feelings about Singapore.

Thanks for giving me the kick in the pants I needed to keep me off this board for good. ;)

I make tons of faux pas. Actually I was the first one to say that doing the TB/WB without the HIG wasn't really doing Singapore Math, and I'm staying LOL!

I can understand wanting open and go, but with math and certain subjects I can't see open and go as being an advantage. What I mean is...the teacher's guides that teachers use (at schools) are definitely not open and go. They have to create lesson plans and develop a schedule. Everything in a guide is just that a guide. They are suggestions. Wading through and trying and seeing what works for your child is the whole point of the guide.

The math teacher's guides I have seen had pictures of the children's worsheet with the answers in red print. Those worksheet answers took up most of the space in the book. There wasn't much info to wade through. The directions to the teacher were easy to read through. Teachers in schools write lesson plans for the entire week are a two page grid. "Monday - identify half of an object. Tuesday review half, color half of an object...

... Having looked through the HIG already, I don't think this will be the case, but if I have to drink caffeine and make myself stay awake to figure out a teacher's guide or to get the benefits of a teacher's guide then I say bring on the Mountain Dew and get me a highlighter.

Ha! Good for you. :)

"The math teacher's guides I have seen had pictures of the children's worsheet with the answers in red print. Those worksheet answers took up most of the space in the book. There wasn't much info to wade through. The directions to the teacher were easy to read through. Teachers in schools write lesson plans for the entire week are a two page grid. "Monday - identify half of an object. Tuesday review half, color half of an object..."

This may be true for kindergarten or maybe up to 2nd grade, but after that it is a lot more than small worksheets with answers in the teacher's guides.

I am thinking about preparing for pre-algebra and algebra in the next few years. I think Singapore's guides are a lot more than just answers and that is why I like them. Not everyone wants that. I want and need that in order to build up to higher math which my oldest is approaching in the very near future.

I don't think just doing the text & workbooks is really doing "Singapore Math" at all.

I disagree. I've used Singapore Math from the time I began homeschooling nearly ten years ago. I'm happy more people are enjoying the merits of the program and if the Home Instructor's Guides are part of that ~ wonderful! But speaking from a good deal of experience, I can't agree that those of us who forego those materials aren't "really doing SM at all".

Everyone is talking about how important the HiGs are to understand SM and their teaching methods. Does that hold true for 1A and 1B? Should I get the HiG when I order those?

No, not in my opinion.

Yep.

I can't agree that those of us who forego those materials aren't "really doing SM at all".

:iagree: I have the HIGs for PM 3-5 and I do love them. I use the schedule in the front to block out our year. I use the answer key to quickly correct work. I occasionally use the example problems in the HIG so I don't have to come up with one on my own. However, most of the time when I work out on the whiteboard some new concept we are covering I find the HIG covers it the same way. The bar diagrams definitely took some getting used to, but those are explained in the HIG, the textbook, and in CWP.

I would recommend the HIGs to anybody doing Singapore Math if budget allows, but they are not absolutely, positively indispensable.

Goodness though, I think I'd keel over if I had to work out every math problem without an answer key in the upper levels of PM! I just corrected dd's Review A in the textbook 5A today. Yikes! I heart the HIG.

Thanks!

Thank you for posting this. This has been my experience too.

ETA: I do, however, understand that math is my strong subject.

The home instructor's guide really makes a big difference.

I am very excited to try Singapore again and can't wait to fully read through the guide and their schedule for the textbook, workbook, and cd-rom. I am so glad that I gave Singapore another shot.

I always recommend getting the instructor's guides whenever I can. Although many people feel they are not necessary, I find them to be very helpful for teaching tips, additional games and drills, a sequence (which sometimes differs from the presentation in the book/textbook). While I don't always use it when I'm teaching on a daily basis, I do always reference it when a concept just doesn't quite stick.

I think SM is a great program. Glad you've got all the tools now.

<snip> I am so glad that I gave Singapore another shot.

I'm glad you gave it another try too. It is an excellent program. I'm sorry if my previous post wasn't very helpful. I seem to be on a roll this month with unhelpful posts.

I'm glad you gave it another try too. It is an excellent program. I'm sorry if my previous post wasn't very helpful. I seem to be on a roll this month with unhelpful posts.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's replies and their reasoning behind liking using all the recommendations and not needing to use all of the recommendations.

Unfortunately, my first experience with Singapore was with a curriculum that had me only buy the workbooks and gave simple activities every few exercises within their own guide book. It definitely seemed weak to me doing it that way.

I like the HIG's but I have to say even just adding textbooks made a big difference in how I saw Singapore. I like having the HIG for 3a/3b though. We did 2a/2b without textbooks or HIG's just the workbooks and that is why I am so ecstatic about having everything and finally being able to "get" Singapore math.

:D

I really think the HIG's fall under different strokes for different folks ;).

I do think they are a lifesaver for those of us who need/want them. AND I can totally see how they would seem a bit useless for those who don't need them. It's all perspective!

I know I would be crying and pulling my hair out without them. BUT I'm almost certain if DH was teaching, he would HATE them :lol:!

"The math teacher's guides I have seen had pictures of the children's worsheet with the answers in red print. Those worksheet answers took up most of the space in the book. There wasn't much info to wade through. The directions to the teacher were easy to read through. Teachers in schools write lesson plans for the entire week are a two page grid. "Monday - identify half of an object. Tuesday review half, color half of an object..."

This may be true for kindergarten or maybe up to 2nd grade, but after that it is a lot more than small worksheets with answers in the teacher's guides.

I am thinking about preparing for pre-algebra and algebra in the next few years. I think Singapore's guides are a lot more than just answers and that is why I like them. Not everyone wants that. I want and need that in order to build up to higher math which my oldest is approaching in the very near future.

I am doing Beechicky, homemade lessons for now.

In the future I could use an open-and-go script,

or something with brief teaching ideas, like MCP,

or something self teaching, like Life of Fred,

But I don't have enough Mountain Dew to wade through an HIG each evening.

Good for you for doing it though.

I'm sure you won't regret it.

I am doing Beechicky, homemade lessons for now.

In the future I could use an open-and-go script,

or something with brief teaching ideas, like MCP,

or something self teaching, like Life of Fred,

But I don't have enough Mountain Dew to wade through an HIG each evening.

Good for you for doing it though.

I'm sure you won't regret it.

I'm sure me and the dentist will regret the amount of Mountain Dew that I have been consuming since bringing the kids home to homeschool :lol: